Dev Blog 29th April - Don't cross the streams!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 29, 2016.

1. FloranAndHobbes

FloranAndHobbes Void-Bound Voyager

Noo, not the horse SAIL! Bring her back! The others can go if you want, just let her stay!

Now in real talk, how can there be race-specific writing for nearly everything in the game, yet SAIL is the exception?

Everything else seems to be coming along nicely and will bring much-welcomed balance and variety to combat, including that new dungeon. Being rooted to the spot is just the price to pay for staff powers, I guess. A little crawl when casting would be nice, like a certain twin fortress's designated marksman has.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  2. The First Nova

The First Nova Scruffy Nerf-Herder

they took out the novakid horse? yay that horse was humilitaing

3. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I thought with the story of 1.0 all of the race specific examine text will be gone and all of the races will share the same text because of the way the story was making it more or less required.

4. BelikrDscale

BelikrDscale Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was wondering if you are planning on making a crafting station that will allow you to upgrade weapons with elemental effects and maybe allow you to choice your own special effects the more powerful ones costing rarer resources?

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  5. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

You might have misinterpreted what was said before. Every object and item in the game has had a huge description pass, so not only do the Novakid finally get their own observation descriptions for everything, all the existing ones for each race will be much better :)

Jonesy likes this.
  6. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tend to think that the energy thing is just a 'dun goofed' moment, myself. Energy regen randomly cuts out in the middle of planetary exploration for reasons I haven't quite figured out, but it always seems to happen when I switch off something that uses energy to something that doesn't. It automatically fixes itself when I go into a challenge door, beam up, or anything that loads a new area/reloads the current area.

7. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

That is good. Thanks for clearing that up.

8. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

I want the same horse. :)

9. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Outstanding! I really love that you guys decided to change the SAIL and make customizable post release! This is really great because that means we can finally add a custom SAIL portrait etc. to mods without changing it for every race as soon as its possible! I also really love the new features and it hyped me a lot. I'm eager to make the chocobo mod and the MMX mod compatible with the release version and to make use of the new features (your own FF/MMX crew without creating special mod npcs - awesome!).

10. JaffaCraze

JaffaCraze Aquatic Astronaut

I just love this game! Such good devs, regular updates, and an amazing feel / atmosphere to the entire game. Can't wait for 1.0! :lickitung:

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

SAIL though? Used to have specific avatars for each species, now (in nightly) they're all the exact same guy in different colors, with the same lines :\

12. Tyler Tenebrae

Tyler Tenebrae Pangalactic Porcupine

Work In Progress, pardner. Work In Progress. That SAIL dude is probably going to be customizable. At least, I got that impression.

Or maybe it's very much plot-related.

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Gah. Now you're making me wish 1.0 was live, lol.

I can only wonder what will happen once the storyline gets all done, and we get 1.0 and Frackin'Universe along with Avali is all up to par, if you were to combine the two of them.... *whistle* it would surely be a thing to behold.

Though I imagine Avali would be missing the awesome new intro stuff which would be unfortunate, lol. Ah well. I guess for a little while I'll have to play a Floran instead.

Might install the Avali mod and just mod in the Avali stuff because they have ridiculously awesome buildables, those nice orange and white tents, buildings, etc look ridiculously cool.

14. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Do all Apex still universally get traumatic flashbacks upon seeing anything Miniknog-related?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2016
  15. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

It would be nice if we actaully get the option to make S.A.I.L look how we want it to, Id actaully like to make mine have the image of the Erchius Horror.

Jareix Cryvix and Johnnyloo like this.
  16. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The medic and soldier crew members have their uses on the field but why is there no utility for engineers for field work? They could easily have an arsenal of things that could help the player: portable force fields, disruptors that can disable enemy guns, hacking/EMP for turrets and machines and so on.

You could also add a Scout type crew member specialized in recon, temporary stealth. long range vision with sniper, marking enemies to render them more vulnerable to attacks, etc.

With that mindset you could even spice up the Soldier with their own patterns, like charge up for guns to shoot much harder for a time, rush to close in on melee very fast, defensive/offensive unit that buff the party with a small boost to armor or attack damage, that would make the crew very useful.

devilanc and Johnnyloo like this.
  17. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

And the tailor will darn a uniform straight into battle. :D

18. Finnbob

Finnbob Void-Bound Voyager

aw man, so excited about arrows sticking into the ground!!! :D

19. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Yes, with the bow against the rifle.

20. Arsakes

Arsakes Phantasmal Quasar

HEY there fellas,

Is there hunger implemented in this nightly build? How do I enable it (if it can be done??????)

Regards,