RELEASED Access Chest Anywhere [Smapi 0.40.0^]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by VIspReaderUS, Apr 4, 2016.

1. VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

yeah. That's what I meant by grid snapping. Snap through the menu items and lists with left stick, scroll with right stick. A to select, hold X to get one at a time.

Anag and ekffie like this.
    • Anag

Anag Space Spelunker

Off-topic, but is it possible to make all game windows work like that?

ekffie likes this.
      • VIspReaderUS

I was just thinking that this morning. It's possible, I did a brainstorm while brushing my teeth. If CA wont do this, someone need to make an API for these. Make all mod that wants snapping , include this API on their mod. I already have some ideas on how to implement this. If no one wants to take this up, I will make this as soon as I finished recoding ACA.

Anag, thaliban20 and ekffie like this.
        • thaliban20

thaliban20 Void-Bound Voyager

May the crops be with you

• Anag

Anag Space Spelunker

How about adding crafting menu to chest UI? Or is it even possible?

• VIspReaderUS

what do you mean by that? Like enable crafting of an item if the item required is not in your inventory but on another chest?

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

It only puts the other keys to use if you decide to install the mods. Holding left on the d-pad while purchasing will stack. My personal version I added Dropbox uploads to the .bat so I'm always on the right day when switching computers. Not for everyone, but I like not having to use my keyboard. Dread having to use it to name animals though.

Basically all you'd need to do is download JoyToKey and map that key to whatever button until it's added to the mod. I hope the default mod button is mapped to 'RB'! Or remappable..

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
                • Anag

Anag Space Spelunker

No, I mean that you can access crafting menu from access chest everywhere menu. Using normal inventory for crafting is kinda tideous because i usually just use your menu for inventory management

edit: also if it would be possible to combine items (placing bait to rod) throu your menu it would then render old inventory totally obsolete.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
                  • VIspReaderUS

wow, I have never thought of making the current inventory menu obsolete...heh,hah,Ha,Hah,HAHAHAHHA...NOW I'm gonna make this mod and render the inventory menu obsolete. GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anag likes this.
                    • Anag

Anag Space Spelunker

Make it compatible with the mod that shows item prices too and then you're there. If you add links to all the other stats screens too, then there's no reason not to bind controller's start button to your menu.

• VIspReaderUS

i have done the show item price by cjb. though i dont know what u mean by 'all other stats screens'

• Anag

Anag Space Spelunker

like relationship statuses

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

VlspReaderUS, any chance you'll have out a new version this weekend? You mentioned adding mouse-over text and searching earlier in this thread--and I admit, I was looking forward to trying them out. Best of luck, regardless.

• VIspReaderUS

@Borodin , there's still much to do and so little time. Now that summer has started, my work is piling up. So many new costumers. I'll try to get a beta tomorrow so you can see what I added already. Mouse over text is done and I need to look up first on how to add a text box for the search function.

Borodin likes this.
                              • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I appreciate the response, and sympathize. Work must come first; and good luck!

• VIspReaderUS

oh. Like add a tab for statuses. Like when you press start menu, theres a bunch of tabs like the options tab, the inventory tab, crafting tab, etc etc... Damn. This would look better for if i do this. Shit, you guys keep adding stuff. And its all sounds great that i have to rethink how to do this all over again. Im crying but also excited how this will turn up at the end.

Anag likes this.
                                  • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Do it in stages, as a series of releases--or you'll get creeping feature-itis, with more and more suggestions being factored in, and never get a release out. Believe me, I've seen it happen in Oblivion.

• VIspReaderUS

xD. That is exactly what is happening. All right, I'm done taking suggestions for now until the next release. I'm adding everything suggested bwfore this message though. Imma get cracking when i get home

Anag and Borodin like this.
                                      • Anag

Anag Space Spelunker

You prob have to change your mods name at some points. VispReader's Superior Inventory? :D But yeah, if you add those, I'll bind your menu to start button and prob never use the old one again

VIspReaderUS likes this.
                                        • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

If you don't mind me asking, how are matters progressing?