RELEASED Stardew Valley Package Manager - v1.11 with Save Backup and XNB Image Merge 1.16

SVPM is a tool which allows Users to easily modify Stardew Valley with User created mods.

1. NewSpecies

NewSpecies Industrial Terraformer

@SpringsSong Yeah. It doesn't identify the API version from the API files, it just keeps a record of the filename of the build you downloaded last, and successfully installed. But earlier versions of the application didn't keep that information, so for now it will say they're unknown until you install a new build.

You can do that at any time and you don't have to worry about cleanup. It keeps a record of what files were installed from the application. Uninstalls the previous build and installs the new one.

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the quick reply!

NewSpecies likes this.
      • NewSpecies

@BlankSlater
        The DLL files can be loaded from the zip files. When it loads a dll from a zip, it takes the config files within the same folder in the archive with it. I have it setup so that when a DLL is loaded, it doesn't overwrite files that already exist in the mod folder so it can preserve settings files. When a mod is deactivated, it only takes the .dll, .xna and the one manifest.json with it. So it should leave those configs behind, so they won't be overwritten next time the dll is activated. It was just .json files that would be left behind, but with 1.05 it just leaves behind everything except the ones I mentioned.

Just took a look at better rng. Should work fine. Well, from the file structure at least SVPM copies the right files over.

Edit: I ended up downloading a storm version by mistake.

Edit: This one seems to work https://github.com/Zoryn4163/SMAPI-Mods/releases/

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
          MayaMayhem likes this.
        • NewSpecies

Quick poll.

Do you think the Modification Info box should be shown when a mod is added\installed? Here's an example of the window (and can be accessed by right clicking on a mod).
          [​IMG]
          I added this feature because it's a good way for the mods to retain credit, show a screenshot, and link to where updates can be found. But since most mods probably won't add the modinfo.ini unless they're using this application they probably won't have this info filled out. So, it's really up to the user to do that unless there is more widespread adoption for it.

SpringsSong likes this.
          • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

It's a nice touch. Would it be possible for you to add an option to enable/disable it (for the very reasons you brought up)? As anal-retentive as I am, I'm still not going to add metadata to mods that are updated frequently. It may take some time before everyone hops on board, so we (the end-user) would be stuck looking at empty fields after every mod addition.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
            • NewSpecies

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I did design this app to try and have as little prompting as possible. As much as I like the idea of having filled out meta-data in mods, it would be rather tiresome to have to fill that out every time if you're someone who might not want to.

What I was hoping to do was support the ability to hover over a mod and have a small image load show up, and some info on it. So if you don't know exactly what the mod does, it would give you some idea.

foghorn likes this.
              • NewSpecies

Updated:
                Version 1.06

- Right clicking on an active\inactive mod containing a DLL will reveal the one or more DLL mods present in the archive, and list config files associated with them. Clicking on the DLL's config files will launch that file with your systems default editor, allowing you to edit the mod config directly.
                - The Save Settings button is now a button for general settings, including both save settings and program settings.
                - Modification Information window appears when a mod is downloading, allowing the user to edit the information. This option can also be disabled.
                - Bug Fixes, slightly extended browser functionality, auto-save of saves is now turned on by default and set at 5 save files per profile.

foghorn and yuukiw like this.
                • SpringsSong

BLESS YOU, you wonderful person. >w<!

• foghorn

Nice work, thank you. I was wondering for a while If you were going full-on "silent updates" on us. :nod:

• NewSpecies

@SpringsSong : Heh. Glad you like the update. :)
                      @foghorn : You're very welcome. :)

For small bug fixes, I most likely will do a patch and not announce it since it's just fixing something that's broken that should already be working. The application will show that there is an update available, and the information tab will have a change log so updating the various websites isn't completely necessary. But for features that people have requested, I'll likely post an update.

One update I'm looking forward to is when FarmHand is released. I'll probably have that up and available quickly after it's release, and leave a post about it.

• NewSpecies

New version is out, and a new feature!

Last edited: May 11, 2016
                          foghorn likes this.
                        • foghorn

Testing now, thank you! I'll let you know if I run into a snafu in the wild (or to heap an over-abundance of praise on this update, whichever comes first :up:).

• SpringsSong

Running into an error when attempting to change where the mods are placed:

http://prntscr.com/b2xfpx

Going to be testing some mods that use the same things in a few minutes, will report my results in a little bit.

EDIT:

I have two things that edit the infamous Cursors.xnb - one to change the cat, and one to change the horse--and it's defaulting to one over the other.

• foghorn

Edit: Joja is better at public relations than I am at manual save-editing.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
                              • NewSpecies

@SpringSong: Yeah, I was afraid that might happen. That settings window moves a lot of files around. Ah, I think I might have found the problem. Small coding error.

@foghorn: Okay, I'm going to need a bit more information (SVPM console output when you launch the game, in a spoiler tag). I could also make the merge process a bit more verbose.

• foghorn

It was PEBCAK (I shouldn't be allowed to open Atom anymore :nope:).
                                  Pic-related shows a room crammed with various objects from 6(!) different furniture sheets. Works as advertised, New Species. Thank you.
                                  Image 001 2016 05 12.png

• NewSpecies

foghorn likes this.
                                  • foghorn

• BlankSlater

BlankSlater Space Penguin Leader

I still don't get why you can't just load off DLL folders instead of zip files.

• NewSpecies

@BlankSlater: If you want to use a folder on your hard drive to store your dll files, instead of having them zipped up. There is an "Add Folder" button, it adds a .ini mod to the list that links to a directory on your hard drive. It basically operates the same way as a zip mod, except it's a folder.

In fact. If you wanted. You could create a folder in your StardewValley game folder. Lets say "StardewValley\AllMyModStuff\", add that as a folder mod. Then dump and extract every xnb mod, or dll mod in the same folder and the program would be perfectly fine loading that.

Last edited: May 13, 2016