What's the most cruel thing you've ever done in a video game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by adimetro11, Apr 27, 2016.

1. adimetro11

adimetro11 Spaceman Spiff

Post the most cruel thing you've ever done in a video game here.
    Here's mine:
    Committed genocide on countless settlements in Starbound. The fact that they won't object to me stealing their stuff and removing their furniture makes the whole genocide thing unnecessary.

flopadoops likes this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Playing Rise of the Reds as the European Continental Alliance against the Russian Federation. Most of the Russian basic infantry units are conscripts; in other words, normal men with families manipulated or forced to fight. I kill them in droves with nerve gas, neutron bombs, landmines, machine guns, snipers, grenades, and more. Even worse in the lore, where the ECA is on the (losing) defensive in a war of aggression, and they deployed their neutron bombs in France to kill 300,000 Russian soldiers and reverse the tide of the war.

I know it's hard to empathize with mooks in an RTS, but there are some genuinely nasty ways to go. The fact that they're conscripts makes it worse, even if they are on the aggressor's side.

MilkCalf likes this.
  3. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Blow up Megaton.

Moriane, Shador, will donati and 2 others like this.
  4. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I'm playing Pillars of Eternity as an evil character. I gave a dagger to a young boy and later heard somebody saying that a young boy lost several fingers playing with a dagger.

Later there will be a quest with a character that asks you to murder a baby...

Edit: I also killed everyone in the market of Cyseal in Divinity Original Sin. I couldn't stand hearing the same phrases over and over, especially the one from the cheese vendor.

5. hatakesans

hatakesans Subatomic Cosmonaut

Stealing Nazeem's soul in Skyrim and enchanting it into a shiv which I then used to destroy his farm then throwing it away in the Soul Cairn when I was done.

6. tommytrant20

tommytrant20 Yeah, You!

I played the game red 2, though certainly I won as I do not end soon war and the enemy that tormented me slowly.
    now feeling was so great cover

7. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

No Russian from COD MW2. You were asked to mow down crowds of civilians in a crowded airport with a machine gun. I did so.

It wasn't until years later that I realized you weren't even forced to do it. You could have just done nothing but walk. I just did it on my own accord when I saw the opportunity to do so.

Jake9039 likes this.
  8. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Complete genocides on a few games.
    Undertale, Soul Nomad, Morrowind (including the expansions though may be missing a NPC here and there), Fable TLC (though with time they always come back) and many others. On Postal 2 there are achievements such as cutting off the limbs of someone without actually completely killing them, putting someone on fire just to piss it out and so on.

I'm not normally a bad guy even on games, in most cases it is for completion sake or for achievements. Only exception was Morrowind as during that time of my life I didn't have that many games and decided to do something new.

9. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I put live grenades and landmines in the pockets of an entire raider camp while playing Fallout 3 (only needed to do it to one for the Psychotic Prankster achievement), the funny thing is that I was playing a good campaign (very high Karma) and I collected most of those explosives from the camp itself (disarmed traps, looted containers, and took right out of the pockets of other raiders), I was laughing it up every time I got one of them (they are evil anyway and would possibly do the same, if they had the chance).

Its fun having a super high sneak skill in games, you can clear out a room full of hostile mobs one after another with out them knowing you are there, I'm also someone who prefers to play good campaigns (make as many positive choices as possible), I have more fun that way since I can avoid unnecessary fights and score the best items.

10. rmd64

rmd64 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does 16 years of slowly torturing countless numbers of sims count?

11. Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

I have committed the most heinous act of evil of all times: I ate chicks.

12. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I need you to explain more about this.

rmd64 likes this.
  13. Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

In Fable, one of the "evil" task you need to do by a demon door is to use 11 items called crunchy chicks which is basically you eating them, impressing the door.

777JackOfBlades and Bughunter like this.
  14. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

The great thing about Fable is there was multiple ways of answering the doors sometimes. For that door you could also just be evil enough for a red aura or I believe killing a follower in front of it would also count. The door asking for light in the Guild area can be completed by being so good that you produce your own heavenly aura or simply turning on your lantern that you were given at the very start.

Also if you haven't seen/hear about it yourself already the door asking you to spell his name Hits will produce an Easter egg if you spell out shit instead. Such a great game. Still upset they remove the mana bar from the other games and by proxy the best spells as well.

I think the most evil thing you could do on Fable beside mass genocide is killing the guild master. While he may never shut up he is really a nice guy who basically raised you during your teenage years. Worst part (best part for the player) of his death is that it was play off as a comedy bit.

777JackOfBlades likes this.
  15. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

I usually don't resort to cruel things, since it doesn't really lie in my nature. But I do confess though that sometimes I do go crazy once in a while. The most cruel thing I ever did was in Skyrim, Braith were as usual a mean little girl, I decided to murder her parents, then adopt her and make her life a living hell in my home for 2 hours. Then I just loaded back to the save I created before I did this.

hatakesans likes this.
  16. Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

I did that because I made this kind of dark, punkish character and I wanted her to have a ghost around as her only friend.

On Dragon Age I cheated on Alistar with Morrigan and broke his heart. :(

rmd64 likes this.
  17. VE-Amber

VE-Amber Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if I've done anything particularly TERRIBLE, but I definitely made my share of dangerous coasters on Rollercoaster Tycoon and set homes on fire on the Sims games. Oh, and this is nothing compared to some of the other posts I see on here... but when I first accidentally killed a bunny on Terraria - I felt awful. From that point on, I made it my mission to save them. :cry:

Megzzzx likes this.
  18. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Avoiding to kill rabbits in Skyrim is easy, but in Terraria though *shivers*. They'll basically come up to you and automatically get chopped up to millions of pieces when you're just placing blocks or fighting of a horde of enemies. :rofl:

19. VE-Amber

VE-Amber Void-Bound Voyager

:rofl: right! When I first started playing I was simply trying to chop down a tree - not a rabbit. :viking:

20. 2nd Lieutenant Raoni

2nd Lieutenant Raoni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm, im not the atrocity guy but once in gmod, ive spawned a bunch of waffen ss dudes and started killing them with katanas, pistols, rifles, machine guns, etc. etc.
    Why? Well, cuz i hate those waffen bastards. (They werent conscripts like some wehrmacht guys btw. )
    The only guy in waffen that i respect is Wilm Hosenfeld, cuz he protected jews and hid them in his house until the end of the war. He never killed a man. The classic case of "good guy in the wrong side".
    what happened to him after the war? Got arrested by the commies and died in siberia in 1958. Theres even a movie bout this guy. The Pianist. For me that guy is a true hero of war, but, hey nobody cares right? A former waffen officer cant be portrayed as a hero...
    Hipocrite society...