RELEASED Access Chest Anywhere [Smapi 0.40.0^]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by VIspReaderUS, Apr 4, 2016.

1. bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

Got 4 of these in less than a second, though they seemingly don't affect anything.

Code:
    [02:14:40.992 ] [ERROR] An error occurred in the overridden update loop: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index out of range. 
    The index must be a positive number, and it should not exceed the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
       in System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
       in System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
       in AccessChestAnywhere.ChestWithInventory.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound)
       in AccessChestAnywhere.ACAMenu.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound)
       in StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
       in StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)

• VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

yeah, that's why I'm recoding the mod... So much stuff I missed.need to be careful on everything everytime or else something like this happens

bugmenever likes this.
      • VIspReaderUS

The update has been delayed. Something came up last weekend,yesterday. I had to come to work. And slept whole afternoon. I made a github repo though so you guys can see where am I now. I promise the update should be done by this weekend.Once again sorry for this.

Zahn likes this.
        • Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

Take your time, stuff happens. Hope you're alright :D

Zahn likes this.
          • Anag

Anag Space Spelunker

I can't access chest inside upgraded coop. Tried placing it again etc, but nada. With normal coop it worked

• VIspReaderUS

really? Are you sure it worked in normal coop? I haven't even added that yet. Next release will include all buildings including the "normal coop".

• Anag

Anag Space Spelunker

Yes, normal coop worked for me

VIspReaderUS likes this.
                • VIspReaderUS

weird

• Anag

Anag Space Spelunker

It had some strange problems. I'm just starting a new game, I will test it again and report to you

edit: strange as i had to go move it inside the coop so it showed up again. I'll try it again.

• madeyemoody

madeyemoody Void-Bound Voyager

Would it be possible to reorder the drop down list for the chests by any chance?

Oh and my chests don't show if they are in the coop or barns.

• VIspReaderUS

I've added that bit of code already in my mod for the next release. It will be alphabetically ordered

I guess @Anag got something going on. Maybe some other mod changing how coops and barns operate

madeyemoody likes this.
                        • thaliban20

thaliban20 Void-Bound Voyager

I really like this mod, thank you
                          Btw when will you add the configurable hotkey?

• VIspReaderUS

i already added that bit of code too on my current recode of the mod. It also includes the controller support and configuration currently. Thinking if you guys want mouse like or grid-snap like moving for movements of the cursor

• ekffie

ekffie Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can completly use the mod with controller - I just cannot open it. So I would need Just a key to open it. The rest work just like dealing with any normal chest menu.
                              What would be nice - a posiibility to toggle the regions and the chests.

Also could you implement the coop/barn in one of your next versions ? I really miss them, playing a big big animal farm this time :D

Thanks for all you work, wouldn't like to play without it atm :D

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Have you seen/tried this?

ekffie likes this.
                                • Anag

Anag Space Spelunker

Grid-snap! I wish everything in game used that.

• VIspReaderUS

what do you mean by region toggling?also coop and barn chests is already added to the current recode.

got it

• ekffie

It would be cool, to have two keys which switch between the regions ( Farm, Farmcave, Farmhouse....) and two wich switch between the chests in them (Chest1, Chest2, ...)

• VIspReaderUS

thats easy, i could add that. Is this because of how the controller is setup in-game? I stated before asking if you guys want grid-snapping? is that why you want switching by key/button instead of using mouse clicks?

Anag and ekffie like this.
                                        • ekffie

Apes controller setup is a bit- lets say unintuitive.. As the left stick is used for movement and cursor, the right stick is a cursor as well ( in the chest menu for example) you use it and then click with A or X ( in chests A for the whole stack, X for 1 item of this stack. Holding shift to half the stack is not possible using controller you have to hold shift on the keyboard + controller button for that) .

There are more things which in stardew vanilla just cannot be done with controller. ( the funniest one - when the player has a circle of machines around him - you cannot fill the topleft and top right with controller - the hitbox is of. You have to grab a mouse or build another layout - ape knows - he just did not fix it, you also can fill a row of machines beneath you smoothly - but above you have to run into every single one to get the game to notice)

Using your mod atm I have the keyboard laying next to me and press B on it to open the mod - the rest I do with controller (stick used as mouse cursor and A and X buttons) - works without problems.
                                          I am not really sure what grid snapping is - if it means that I can go through item to item instead of aiming with the sort of mouse cursor I would really like that.

@Androxilogin : Thank you for the tip :) - I have seen it but thought it would be a bit overkill because I do not plan to use any other mod supportet in there besides this one.