RELEASED Kunekunes and Two Pigs as Dog Replacements

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by pizza margherita, Apr 19, 2016.

1. pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

Wanted to make replacements after seeing this request, BunnyBun's Waddles and Zhuria's Better Pigs so yeah barking kunekunes 'w'b

This mod replaces your dog to a kunekune or a pig.

[​IMG]

Black, Orange, Pink, White, White w/ Black Spots, Orange w/ Black Spots, Pink w/ Spots and White w/ Brown Spots

Preview:
    [​IMG]

Instructions:
    • You can only use one, ok?
    • Back up your original dog.xnb please
    • Place the file in Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Animals

Go ahead and recolor them piggies (pls credit though)

They'll probably be revised

These were tested but please tell me if there's things that need fixing

Mediafire mirror:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?k2iamyp57jughm3

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

I LOVE YOUR PIGS. THEYRE THE BEST.
      Could you make a gold and green money piggies? Like have the dollar sign on them make one look like a piggy bank, the other a bag of loot?

Could these just be used for the pig reskins?

Rosalie and Spudli like this.
      • SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, they are cute!

• miryuo

miryuo Zero Gravity Genie

adorbs

• Spudli

Spudli Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ded. just too cute <3

• pizza margherita

As actual pig replacements? Sure think they have more frames than the pig.xnb and the dog.xnb has animation loops(terms wow). They'll be hard to see in the grass though!

Money piggies? Oh hey I'll try it out and see how it goes o:

Thank you! :3

Sorry for the long post! But please redownload them if you did because there was a missing pixel on the 15th frame.

even if i had seven eyes i will still manage to miss these things i stg

• taintedwheat

Coolio, how many frames does it have? 20/22? I think that could be edited through yoursave file in notepad ++ -- I noticed adding a second animal(a dog as a cat) that the cat supposedly has maybe two more frames and it shows on your file how much animated movement its supposed to have (i edited the cat one to have as many as the dogs although I haven't really played at all so I'm not sure if it helped)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
                • Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

can you make them as the pig replacer? i mean in the livestock section? thanks!

• pizza margherita

Didn't word it right, i'm sorry ><!

It has 24 frames (two blank ones) and afaik there's only image editing involved? Yeah I can turn them into pig replacers, just have to alter them a bit like the frame with them eating grass and there's no running on them too

I'll do it but it might take a while before it gets posted ^^;

Flumme likes this.
                    • taintedwheat

Ah, I just checked notepad there's nothing like that for the piggies,
                      so yeah I'm going to be like this guy and wait for some pig replacers too n.n

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

These are super cute~ <3

• Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

SOOO CUTE aaahh!! I love piggies <3

• Nivea

Nivea Starship Captain

Dang, I hate having to pick between pets these are so cute. I wish someone would come out with a mod that lets you have more then one dog with different skins...

• pizza margherita

Thank u!

Yeah I feel yah, i just wanna fill my grass farm with everyone's pets here.

Rosalie likes this.
                              • Kappa-Slapper

Kappa-Slapper Tentacle Wrangler

What if I want a kunekune that meows? :notworthy:

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Than just rename the file into "cat.xnb" and replace the original cat.xnb file.

Edit: Just saw, that this does not work... Renamed one of the Carbuncle files from cat into dog, and there were several graphical bugs...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
                                  • carnage157

carnage157 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah it doesn't work like that. You would need to completely resprite half the sprite sheet since they each use actions that the other doesn't. For example the cat jump, and the dog running.

The best solution to that would be to mod the wave bank file and replace the dog sounds with the cat.

• Kappa-Slapper

I did read this on reddit by someone with the name 'NoRelationstoJFK'

"You can edit your save file to change your pet. I did it because the dog was annoying.
                                      The files are just XML so you can edit them with Notepad. They are located in AppData/StardewValley which you can access by using Run and typing %appdata%. There will be two files, SaveGame and one with your name. You will need to edit the catPerson field in both files. True = cat and false = dog. If you want to rename it, the name field is only in one of those files. Just search by the name you gave it and change it.
                                      Make sure to only edit the text between tags. Make a backup in case you screw up. I'm at work so I can't give a detailed tutorial but I hope that gives you a starting point."

I didn't quite understand it though. Could someone enlighten me? Modding the wave bank file is something far beyond me, hahaha.

• carnage157

carnage157 Pangalactic Porcupine

Read this:
                                        http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/cat-and-dog-at-the-same-time.110225/
                                        But all that does is add or change the pet type.
                                        It's not going to achieve what your looking for which I assume is still a Kunekune that meows?

Also this is what happens if you directly convert the dog sprite to a cat sprite. The walking, sitting, sleeping animations are compatible, but these are where the problems arise.

Cat jumping animation:
                                        pigcat_jump.gif
                                        Cat laying down animation:
                                        pigcat_laying.gif
                                        Cat Licking paw animation:
                                        pigcat_licking.gif

So as you can see you would need to resprite half of it to make it work.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
                                        • Kappa-Slapper

Ah very complicated. Thanks for showing me the cat and dog thread though! After I've changed my pet to a dog I'll be downloading this to have my own cute kunekune.

Edit: Managed to change my cat into a dog but the cursor has remained as a cat. Hopefully it just takes time to change.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016