RELEASED 26x26 Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Mods' started by BoffoBoy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

i think.. i will just destroy all my crops and trees in the greenhouse and plant em anew. good think there is a seed maker :D but thanks for you helpl anyways. i have one question left: what exactly is the difference between Greenhouse 26x26 Fruit Tree Vengeance and Greenhouse 26x26 Musical Fruit Tree Vengeance? i didnt understand the difference in the description in the OP

EDIT: just noticed: the download link for Greenhouse 20x20 With Extension Clutter-Free (Watering Can Friendly) isnt complete. the last part of the given link is plain text and not included in the clickable link.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
      BoffoBoy likes this.
    • Efa43

Efa43 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Musical one has a jukebox inside. Party! :party:

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

thanks for the answer :)

- i tested chicklets save editor. somehow i cant edit my greenhouse. well acutally i can, but the new greenhouseisnt visible. its still the old one

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

You are right, that's sad.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

i think thats because the chikckle save editor has the original greenhouse file in-built. so it checks your save file compared to the original greenhouse. maybe its neccessary do etid chicklets greenhouse file to be able to see the modded greenhouse. i got to that point because im using other mods too, like farmHouseExtended with an attic and a basement. when i edit my farm house, i can see the items i placed in attic andbasement. but i cant see the map of attic/basement. thats why the items i placed in there look like flying above the room/bon the black areas.

• BoffoBoy

yeah he's assuming the stuff is unmodded. I'll float the idea to him.

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

I was going to request another annex for.... for some reason, but I forgot what for, so I'll have to try to remember what. I'll get back to you on this. Updated to the latest version. It's gorgeous, but suddenly I don't know what fruit trees to put in aside from apricots and apples. :rofl:

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Hehehe, ohhh something is being made [:
                  Tis going to be cool [:

Are you using the clutter or clutterfree version?

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Clutter free, although with Bus Stop Storage, my main reason for clutter free, placing kegs and preservers, is suddenly pointless. Well... Who knows, it might reach a point where my artisan machines will fill up my bus storage and I'll have to put more machines in the greenhouse. :rofl:

Can't wait for the new surprise update. Do we know anything about it, or is it top secret? :3

• taintedwheat

Ahhh, well, since I so sweetly put together mock tIDE maps to screenshot for fashionably placed clutter!
                      Here are the screenies i made [copy and pasted from my thread haha, but easier for me]:

WORK IN PROGRESS(ES) and misc projects toward or at completion:
                      Actually works and complete with a help of @Jinxiewinxie
                      [​IMG]

Greenhouse screenshots:
                      https://gyazo.com/3bc68ed3cdd385374ffd544c9b1c0480
                      https://gyazo.com/213b6a045d4e7bee4d2ce5e2a53c558b
                      https://gyazo.com/8fe907482f5160271f06b1272fb50371

Also a second trellis area and possibly workstation/teleport anywhere room with custom made totemthings for each place, but shh

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
                      • Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Woah. The clutter is certainly fashionable... Especially in the tree area.

I do like the idea of another trellis annex. While I do produce so many hops that I don't plant hops outside anymore in the summer, there's a bunch of other trellis crops out there! And a warp room with custom totems? That's awesome. The idea came to me sometime this week. I'm glad that someone's up to doing it. :3

• taintedwheat

Lolol yeah, idk i didnt like that everyone's greenhouse tree areas were so industrial -- I like to walk under tree awnings in real life so I thought it would be cool to have like a meditation area under the trees/orchard grove. Ahh...now I want unique tile propeties on the bench to heal your stanima there <but mostly just for added asethics>

I dont really like growing trellis crops outside either

The totems are going to be cute little dif colored bears that you touch lolololol

Edit: i think boffo is probably going to take some of the hearts and stuff off the walls in another version because i understand if dudes dont want all that extra pink

Norfuer likes this.
                          • BremkeW

BremkeW Big Damn Hero

Is there a way you could just make a single 26x26 greenhouse, instead of 5 different greenhouses in one?

• taintedwheat

Its easy to do yourself if you don't want to use any of these options. And technically there's only three rooms available in the greenhouse rightnow.

tIDE is free and since you dont want to use any custom stuff <the only reason those rooms are even sized 26x26> you can open up the original greenhouse.tbin and edit the plots yourself to have more room.

Or if you search kingjoey he's made a greenhouse that may fit your needs better.

Edit: here dude. Use the searchbar next time, first:
                              http://community.playstarbound.com/...nhouse-correct-entrance-exit-xnb-edit.111839/

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Hi how exactly do I make and edit these map files. This so called tIDE, what software is that, I cant seem to find it.

EDIT: Oh nevermind I found it and i figured it out. Thank you anyway. I made my first edit of this map, I was able to make the 3rd floor 32 x 24 from the original 26x26 yay! :) Hopefully I'll be able to make new greenhouse maps soon.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
                                  taintedwheat likes this.
                                • taintedwheat

Sorry i am at school and i just copy and pasted the link haha.

Cool! Cant wait to see it!

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

Here it is, I made the OP's map a bit bigger but I run into wrap problems in the first map, the other maps are fine works great. Can anyone help me?

The wraps in the first floor map never changed so if you walk in a straight line you will wrap accordingly just like the original one.

(OP Im not stealing your idea just trying to edit it for the first time ever in my life so just playing around) :D

Attached Files:

• taintedwheat

Unfortunately I don't know jack about warps but I IMed boffoboy so he should see your message soon!

• BoffoBoy

For some reason my explanation on why things are like how they are got deleted in an overzealous overhaul of the OP.

Without looking at the save I can tell you now that the reason the first 'room' is like that is because the warp into the green house is dictated by a hard coded action attached to the greenhouse door on the farm map.

The only real options using just map editing are
                                        Place a warp (walkover or right click interactive) somewhere outside of the greenhouse to enter the green house where you want and block off or just ignore the real green house door. This bypasses the community bundle lock on the greenhouse in terms of accessing the green house.

Place a walk over warp at the location of the tile you enter (10,23 if I recall correctly) and then set that warp over to where you want. This is what I did for the very first version but I found out that warps are not activated by landing in a warp tile, they are activated by trying to leave said walk over warp tile. So you are left with what to do when the first time someone warps into this lobby and what do they see before they try and move off that tile. If there was interest I could try and get taintedwheat to craft a disneyland sort of exhibit that you can only see and never approach, but no one wants that other than taintedwheat.

Resigning to the fact that the warp into greenhouse is not negotiable, make a greenhouse plot where you build around that warp in. If you look carefully, where you warp in doesn't line up with a door on account people like pretty symmetric stuff and I ended up moving the exits around. I saw so many screenshots of people putting trellises into their original green house plots with walking space etc squandering the real estate, so why not make that first room a trellis room with the 'good ird. sprinkler' set up?

It's all the same map btw, greehouse.xbn

The warps for the green house are entirely of the walkover warp type tied to map properties.
                                        Code:
                                        15 24 Greenhouse 124 35 6 24 Greenhouse 56 35 24 24 Farm 28 16 56 37 Greenhouse 6 23 77 37 Farm 28 16 66 37 Greenhouse 134 35 124 37 Greenhouse 15 23 134 37 Greenhouse 66 35 143 37 Farm 28 16
                                        It's simply not feasible that you can easily pick out warps by room in that mess, even assuming there's a sane pattern involved.

A good thread to try and get help when dealing with the black box known as tIDE
                                        http://community.playstarbound.com/...s-map-editing-and-other-related-stuff.112279/

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
                                        • taintedwheat

Lolololol goddamn you!