RELEASED New Cow Breeds 1.1

Replaces the vanilla cows with real breeds - Herefords & Holsteins (black and red)

1. Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Zhuria submitted a new mod:

New Cow Breeds - Replaces the vanilla cows with real breeds

[​IMG]
    New Cow Breeds

No longer do your cows need to be something you'd never see in real life! 3 breeds available, both cows and calves.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

More info & download links here

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    • BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Wow these look really nice, nothing at all over the top and classy!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
        Zhuria likes this.
      • Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks so much! That's what I was going for; I like ConcernedApe's sprites and didn't want to stray too far from them! :)

• Sasakitty

Sasakitty Void-Bound Voyager

I will be downloading these tomorrow. First and third cow! I do not like the vanilla model to much heh... Great work!

Zhuria likes this.
          • BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Not all real cows look as good as the standard black and white Holstein! :happylittletrees:

• miryuo

miryuo Zero Gravity Genie

love these ingame, so cute

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice work on the cows, though I would like to see a more realistic looking cream or albino cow (though I hate the red eyes).

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

• Valkjosandi

Valkjosandi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, so I was playing Stardew Valley with your mod the other day and I noticed a few stray pixels on the adult Hereford when it was facing to the side, sadly I didn't take a screenshot to show you what I mean but I just thought I'd let you know.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

I'll check this out! Thanks for letting me know!

• Commander_Ora

Commander_Ora Void-Bound Voyager

I love this! I was using the Holstein version, but it was bothering me that they are a little *too* black and you can't see their cute little eyes. This one will be perfect for me :D

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

They should only be that black inside the barn and not outside! I can't do anything about the interior darkness, that's just the way the game is ;_;

• Commander_Ora

Commander_Ora Void-Bound Voyager

It seemed dark to me on the example sprites too but I fixed it by turning up the brightness on my monitor. lol!

Zhuria likes this.
                          • interface5

interface5 Aquatic Astronaut

can i have two brown cow sprits and have them be randomly chosen if so i would love that anyway i love these sprites and the bunnies pigs dogs and every thing that you have and will make ;)

Zhuria likes this.
                            • Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

You might try this mod for that: http://community.playstarbound.com/...s-toolkit-v0-6-1-2-now-with-lite-mode.112153/ thought I don't know if it works for 1.1 and I've not tried it myself. Otherwise there's not really a way to make the colours be random.

• interface5

interface5 Aquatic Astronaut

thanks it seems very tecnical but i havent got pigs chickens goats or cows yet so ill try it out then if i try it and it works i will let u know ;) btw im on 1.1 just to clarify

Zhuria likes this.
                                • KittehKatBar

KittehKatBar Void-Bound Voyager

Love these recolors, but the Hereford has an orange line on it's back leg when it's facing right and when it's walking up there is a orange dot as well.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce this - it's not happening in my game and there is nothing on the sprite that would cause it (furthermore if it's happening facing right it should be happening facing left as well)

• KittehKatBar

KittehKatBar Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG] I can see the orange pixels when it faces right AND left. As well as appearing on both sides when it's walking forward.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

This is so weird! I'd never noticed it on mine. I'll look into it!