WIP Barfy's Fancy Farmhouses (and other addons) UPDATE: Links are back up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by barfyscorpion, Apr 8, 2016.

1. ATPSK

ATPSK Void-Bound Voyager

I will wait for a whole set :)

• barfyscorpion

barfyscorpion Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
      Success! A greenhouse has been added. It was a pain in the tush to make, but it matches the houses now. It has proper transparency where it should. Just go ahead and redownload the houses in the main post to get it. Next up is the Deluxe Barn-- once that's finished we'll have a whole set! Phew.

mobyekum and beerziiez like this.
      • PandaSong

PandaSong Void-Bound Voyager

Do you have plans to do the starter house and other buildings on the farm? And maybe the well too? These are absolutely beautiful and I am so using them!

• barfyscorpion

I probably won't bother doing the starter house, because I always upgrade it extremely quick in the game. I also won't be doing a Slime Hutch or Well, as a) I don't use them, and b) there are other great options for them available right here in the mod forum. :DD

The only other building I have in the works is the Deluxe Barn, and possibly the Silo, though I already have a mod for the silo from someone else that I am happy with, so that will happen last if at all.

I understand that a full set would be nice but it's all quite a lot of work and very time-consuming, so I'm not going to do things I do not use myself, I hope that's ok :nod:

petaldancing likes this.
          • Maluni

Maluni Void-Bound Voyager

Greenhouse looks amazing!
            Thank you so much for sharing! <3

barfyscorpion likes this.
            • PandaSong

PandaSong Void-Bound Voyager

Ahh, that's fine! I just like my stuff to all be matching, that's all.

• barfyscorpion

Sorry to disappoint! If you wanted (or anyone else wanted) to use my sprites/style/whatever and make addons I really do not mind at all, sharing is caring.

Working on the Barn today! Aiming for a release by the end of the night.

• barfyscorpion

Update: The Deluxe Barn replacement is finished! You can download it over by the Coop and Stable in the main post. If you download it... Please let me know if this looks correct in-game, it should but because I don't currently have a save with a Deluxe Barn in it, I cannot test this out to see if it looks correct. Specifically, raise and lower the barn door to see if that looks right. If not please show me a screenshot or two so I can fix it. Thanks.

[​IMG]

• Efa43

Efa43 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well it looks great to me! The door raises and lowers just fine, nothing looks out of place. Great job! :up:

• barfyscorpion

Excellent, thank you for testing it for me. :DD

[​IMG]

Here's some of the wallpaper replacements I'm working on-- my arm hurts. :wut:

Don't think I'm going to be replacing all of them, but quite a number of them, anyway. I prefer wallpapers with more simplistic designs than most of the ones in the game, so I'm recoloring my favourites of them in multiple colours. The bottom row you can see I am also making minimalistic black/white brick and concrete options.

kitunekonn and beerziiez like this.
                      • SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, those are super pretty! Would like those for my new playthrough <3

• pixieNpixels

pixieNpixels Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yay so happy the barn is done and the greenhouse looks fantastic!

• swpau

swpau Ketchup Robot

so beautiful ! love all of them!

• Nivea

Nivea Starship Captain

Wow, love the wallpapers. Polka dot!

• barfyscorpion

I'm going to be recoloring the roofs/accents of the main buildings soon-- The blue to pastel pink or a nice black (for people who want something less colorful I guess.) If anyone has any other color requests please let me know soon so I can do them at the same time.

• Nivea

Nivea Starship Captain

Would it be possible to remove the railing from the final house? I love the idea but since its a flat texture its kinda annoying walking over it.
                                  As for the color maybe a red barn color for the roof? Or a cream color for the house?

Anyways these look amazing, going to so use them. I just need to add some ivy because I want a overgrown/older look and then perfect.

• barfyscorpion

Yes, no problem, I have the railing on a separate layer in the .PSD so I can easily release a no-rails version. I'll see about removing the rail entirely for the recolors when I make them.

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

Just poppin' in to say: These are lovely. <3

• barfyscorpion

[​IMG]
                                        I have updated the houses. Two changes: The middle house upgrade (shown on the left there) has been re-done completely to look more like my final house on the right. I have also removed the railing on the side of the final house and fixed some minor pixel issues. Please re-download the main post if you want to get this updated version. :DD

I am currently working on finishing the wallpaper and flooring set.

Edit: BAM!

[​IMG]
                                        You can now download these, and the optional Photoshop .PSD files, in the main post. :DD

Next on my list is finishing up the bed and kitchen replacements. Then, I will move onto recoloring the roofs/accents of the farm buildings.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
                                          Flumme, beerziiez and Never like this.
                                        • pixieNpixels

pixieNpixels Subatomic Cosmonaut

well purple is my fave color so seeing a lavender purple shade might be nice. I really do like the wallpapers you are working on especially the ones with the half wood walls. If I had any criticism at all, and it really isn't, I would say that I would like the wood paneling of the woods be available in multiple colors for the wallpaper. Heck, I imagine you might be thinking of doing just that since you have the straight wood paneling in different shades. (a bit groggy so I hope that all made sense)