RELEASED Demetrius White Skin

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Beret, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Johnny Melano

Johnny Melano Void-Bound Voyager

Would it be much asking for a white version?

• Lutherian

Lutherian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just, why ? Why ?

• Vixxi

Vixxi Aquatic Astronaut

So many puns. I think I love you. I'm that person who laughs hysterically at any pun or bad joke.

This. The race shouldn't matter. I've love to see different race versions of all the characters. I know someone made Alex Hispanic.

Shoot darts at a list or draw from a hat what character to change into what race. Because it honestly shouldn't matter.

All these mods are amazing. I applaud anyone who takes the time to go in and change these things.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
          RoastedCoconutz, Xireni and Dreamliss like this.
        • Ryanrobot

Ryanrobot Void-Bound Voyager

Looking forward to vanilla dew

• Megsoiluj

Megsoiluj Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great, I like to see even more variety of choices :)

And not that it matter, but for the record, I'm a south american black person, and I have no problem with this kind of edits, I never understood the polemic; but whatever, keep up the good work.

• Sidekicku

Sidekicku Void-Bound Voyager

Vixxi likes this.
            • digitaltower

digitaltower Seal Broken

I'll try and explain this mathematically

Before White Demetrius Mod:

White Representation in the Game: 36 , or around 86%
              Black Representation in the Game: 2, or around 5%

After White Demetrius Mod:

White Representation in the Game: 37 or 88%
              Black Representation in the Game: 1 or 2%

Before Mexican Alex Mod:

White Representation in the Game: 36 , or around 86%

After Mexican Alex Mod:

White Representation in the Game: 35 , or around 83%
              Mexican Representation in the Game: 1, or 2%

Do you see the difference? With the Mexican Alex mod a group was GIVEN representation that wasn't already in the game. With the White Demetrius mod a group has its already really low representation reduced even farther to give marginally more to the majority group. This is why people find these types of mods uncomfortable or unnecessary but are fine with the Mexican Alex mod.

Bepsi, kno2231, sistermonkey and 9 others like this.
              • asdasdgfrw

asdasdgfrw Title Not Found

Why are you still bringing that "representation" up? Asians are represented here only as hateful Gotoro Empire, and nobody seems to care.
                Mods are mods. Discuss the damn mod. Moderator already warned about that.

Mad Scientist Demetrius is a really unique and cool mod. Stop attacking the modmaker.

• Madmac

Madmac Intergalactic Tourist

Nice job and dont mind the SJW. Its about personal preference , not racism

Lewiss and Vixxi like this.
                  • Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

Meh I don't see the point of changing anyone's race in game if you don't think you are represented enough in game why not make a new character to put in the game of that race problem solved.

Honeybee, CarbonCoal and Vixxi like this.
                    • Delta9

Delta9 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Making a new character is fucking hard. You have to design from the ground up their looks, events, dialogue files, format everything, fix any of the parts of the game that break. Making a portrait mod is way way way easier. For a mod like this you use the paint bucket tool a few times and drag a couple pixels to points to the left and you're good to go. I can't do game design for shit, but I can make my own portrait and sprite mods easy.

I think people should definitely allowed to change character's races unassailed. However, it is not the mod itself but the reason it's desired that concerns me. Do people just want Demetrius to be white in their game for kicks or aesthetics, or do people actually just want to get rid of the black people because they don't like black people? One of these has harmless roots, and the other should be treated with caution.

I'm all for making the day worse for racists. Yeah, I want to make it hard for them to make black characters white, I want a lot of things to be hard for them. I generally want them to get back twofold all the hurt, discomfort, fear, and annoyance they give to people who aren't white.
                      But if it's really actually not racist (which I believe is true for... Some, of the people here.) then have a whole bunch of fun playing your game with white Demetrius.

• GenGio26

GenGio26 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG] Really?

I have no problem with this but...

No normal person plays a game and goes oh this person would be a better character if their skin was lighter it just makes you seem........

[​IMG]

Bepsi, Cemo, specktre and 7 others like this.
                        • mspec

mspec Space Hobo

Why do you even care? Its his taste after all.
                          As some people would like to see all the characters with a black/dark skin, others may prefer light-brown skin.

If I want to start the IV reich in stardew valley, I should be able to do so, with no one complaining.

What's the matter, isn't that as PC as you'd like? Deal with it.

On topic: Nice mod!
                          Also that vanilla dew is my nigga, I'm lovin it.
                          Though, I'd make Maru a little bit whiter.

PEACE

• (User was warned and temporarily banned for this post.)
                          Pingeh likes this.
                        • GenGio26

lol You seem a little frustrated it's not that serious and

Yeah..........I'm the last person you should be referring as PC or a Sjw if you come back let's be friends!!:DD

• BlankSlater

BlankSlater Space Penguin Leader

or any other skin tone. its just a mod though. 100% optional.

• GenGio26

Hey, you won't see me disagreeing.

• AnjyilLee

AnjyilLee Void-Bound Voyager

Do you not like him how he is? I like Demetrius and before I knew he was married to Robin, I was thinking about dating him.

I know you probably meant no harm by this, but I hope you also know why others are upset about this.

Mhmm maybe you could make one with Robin black as well? She'd be really pretty that way too and it'd be interesting to play the game with both their skins different :)

kno2231 likes this.
                                • Costa

Costa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's racist!! :wot: :rofl: :disshappy:

kno2231 likes this.
                                  • Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Don't start. If you've nothing civil to say, don't post.

CarbonCoal and Delta9 like this.
                                    • Bepsi

Bepsi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was getting riled up when I saw the thread title but...this is actually hilarious. It's just kind of ridiculous and rather unnecessary. And then "white Maru" is amazing.

I see you, OP.