WIP StarDOPE VALLEY: adding CANNABIS as a mod to SDV. update: 5/4

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Delta9

Delta9 Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
    Here it is with a pot leaf!

I don't really love the buds on the other one. In my opinion, it's missing the bright crispness of the game. But if you want to edit them in, go ahead.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

actually now that that's in there I really like your little bundles of buds!

• Delta9

[​IMG] And here with the modified hops trellis. :)

lannihamm and taintedwheat like this.
        • taintedwheat

sweet yay! things are happening! thanks so much man!
          hmm, maybe we should try to get the hemp one to be a little more yellow and do the tobacco (doesn't use trellises) with their seeds and packets and hand and quickly give it off to killerb to just get the "technical" version out of the way

• Delta9

Tbh I have never seen a tobacco plant. I could google it, but I might not be the best person for that job. :badpokerface:

I can do the recolors later tonight, but I have class now. :up:

• taintedwheat

I should of went to school today .>>;
              hmm, maybe we can just reuse something already and edit it abit, growing tobacco looks like a type of luttuce

• Delta9

I did the recolors! This is hemp: [​IMG] This is the Indica: [​IMG]

And I decided that this would be the Sativa instead of the Indica. [​IMG]

• taintedwheat

LOVELOVELOVE omg thank you sooo much!!!

• Delta9

What all items will we need? Nugs for the MJ, ? for the hemp harvestable, (you mentioned that there was an existing cloth we could recolor to hemp cloth, what was that?), extracts...

Put together a list for me. I may or may not be able to do everything on the list, but I'll at least do as many as I can. :)

• taintedwheat

maky will do! i'll try to get it out later tonight or tomorrow morning! :3

• Delta9

I can't do any more tonight, so don't feel rushed. :)

taintedwheat likes this.
                        • Delta9

Btw Happy 4/20 from one massive stoner to another.:poke:

• taintedwheat

you too man!

sorry, still haven't done anything, i just got done with some long crap i had to write for one of my history classes.

hmm. ok:
                            def needs like the nugs,
                            blunts,
                            joints,
                            cigarettes.

For the CBD tub/machine, Idk what it would look like I guess I was picturing to look like a tub with like a shelf above and stuff around it

The items from this could look like vaseline jars but light green?

For the wax I just want a brown/amber dollop looking like it is halfway from a small envelope
                            For honey oil (also concentrate) I want that in like an amber vial with like a green cross on it (i think a lot of the items that could fit labels on them should have this)

i want the rolling station/machine to look like some sort of table and desk or something. Although someone suggested there should be a crafting recepie in-menu too.

butter churner machine
                            hemp seeds
                            hemp milk
                            hemp fiber
                            hemp cloth

kitsunespirit said she'd be able to do some stuff too, but if you want to see if you can get any of these done would be cool.

• Delta9

I'll volunteer for nugs, the rolling station (which may lead to me picking up the joints/blunts/spliffs), and the CBD ointments. :confirm:

And I've had an idea! What if there was an in-menu crafting recipe for single joints, etc. but you could only make those one at a time and it used up a lot of materials, and the rolling table would 1, reduce the material costs and 2, allow you to make them in bulk?

However, I'm taking the weekend off to actually play Stardew Valley because so far I've spent over 40 hours making and repairing mods, and I've only logged 12 hours on the actual game, 4 of which were, you guessed it, testing mods. I want to actually play, and if I don't force myself into a little down time, I know I probably will never take it. :unsure:

taintedwheat likes this.
                              • taintedwheat

Dude I feel it. My experience is different -- I played over 60+ hours before using any mods. Once I got into the forums I just got so much more invested in trying to contribute to something that not only I would like, but others as well.

Yeah, I like that idea about crafting only single joints with less efficiency, it only makes sense. It takes forever to roll a joint and unless you're pretty pro you might go through a couple wraps --or use more than one. At least I do >.>;;;

I was actually thinking about playing a little tonight to waste time/take mind off of school and start a new save as I wait for my custom bathroom I requested haha.

and thanks so much i'll add it to the list! :D

I have no skill in actually crafting so we would have to wait for Ingorious to be able to have free time to start modding again. Shit, I would be like see ya l8r guys, for a little while as well if I was close to being done with grad school. That is so sick
                                plus eventually farmhand will be out and that would be really helpful for us. I started trying to draw the npc but I just hit a wall I'd maybe I'm just unnecessarily restricting the area of trying to sketch it in class. Idk, I guess another idea would just do layers and draw over in photoshop...maybe.

I have so much school, i'm behind in like middle eastern class, i didn't go to either of my classes this week for it (today to study for another history class exam). i always hit a point in the semester where it's like, fuuuuck it's so hard to do this.

i haven't tried writing an actual script yet, i see people are trying to create a layout to help add additional dialogue and while i'm alright without it, i'd rather make it easier on me since it's not like it was the world i'm putting in was my idea.

• taintedwheat

Also, did you want to do a hybrid recolor? like make the highlights some sort of purple but keep the plant green?

I updated the thread and added the stuff you provided. Is there anyway to make the lightbright green highlight on the hemp a little more muted?

• Delta9

I was trying to do that on the indica, the lack of color blending with pixel art makes it kind of hard, so I opted for a purple overlay with purple buds. Someone more experienced or with better techniques may be able to do that better, tho. :)

I didn't change the PNG, I just scooted the saturation down on the JPG. But is this what you mean for the hemp? [​IMG]

• taintedwheat

omg, yes that is so much better bright colors bother my eyes, i get sensory migraines, little orange poking out there. Ah, I feel it, genuinely I'm actually pretty good at selective coloring myself, i mean, I guess I can try my hand at doing some recolors the next time around... maybe if you have the original i can try to quickly do it in photoshop?

• Delta9

Sure! Here's all 3.

Attached Files:

• taintedwheat

i tried:
                                          420 crops.png

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

katgirl28888 and lannihamm like this.