Dev Blog 18th April - Dungeons & Spookits

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 18, 2016.

1. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

But seeing new dungeons is great I feel like the Avians had way to many dungeons compared to the other races

Spritley Jack likes this.
  2. ApexCollective

ApexCollective Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are there human villages yet? Call me boring, but I like playing as either Apex or Human, and the last time I played (current unstable) there were no human settlements of any kind.

3. emeraldgreen72

I guess the prisons can kinda be considered a "village" and in the desert planets you can find sandhouses or houses with humans in it

4. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

We need some scrappy human settlements o 3o like some space cowboy kinda stuff where everything's gruff and tumbleweeds but advanced like it's all held together by ship parts from when they fled earth.

Spritley Jack likes this.
  5. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Sounds like you're treading into Novakid territory there...

Spritley Jack, Flake13, Kawa and 2 others like this.
  6. emeraldgreen72

I feel like we need more dungeons based around floran & hylotl

Kelthazan likes this.
  7. Kelthazan

True, maybe Novakid/human refugee village then? Humans need something, and from what I recall (might of changed since then) they're rather down on their luck... so maybe not so much western as much as weld everything they got together and hope for the best :rofl:

8. emeraldgreen72

Sounds like a classic fallout settlements
    Grab all the metal and stuff and you can and weld it together

Spritley Jack and Sylxeria like this.
  9. Kelthazan

That's kind of what was in mind, with all the scrap and rough look to everything, but with space-scrap haha. Think Fallout 3's Rivet City but out of the hollows of the space-ships they escaped in, or have the settlements grow up around some such thing.

Spritley Jack and emeraldgreen72 like this.
  10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I'd be keen for a Diamond City-esque settlement built into the ruins of an ancient arena.

11. emeraldgreen72

I think in Genreal having human settlements built on the ruins of something or from spaceships and other things is a good idea

An idea I had is what about an apex settlement that's also partly a human settlement like having one section be primary human the other section being primary apex and in between both is a sections that is both human and apex together like merged

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  12. emeraldgreen72

The part that is primarily human would have human architecture and the part that was primarily apex would have apex architecture but the part in between the 2 would be human & apex architecture mixed together

13. TMan1019

TMan1019 Void-Bound Voyager

I live and breathe by these blog posts :nuruawe::nuruawe::nuruawe::nuruawe::nuruawe::nuruawe:

14. KFCdevil84

KFCdevil84 Void-Bound Voyager

you cant dis on the starbound soundtrack! imo the soundtrack is perfect how it is and fits any occasion

15. The_Alchemist_

The_Alchemist_ Void-Bound Voyager

Nightly isn't coming up in my betas and I rely want to play it some one pleas help me :nurusad:

16. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Are you looking at the Stable or Unstable branch? They're separate listings in your Steam library, and the Nightly build can only be accessed through Unstable.

Relten likes this.
  17. The_Alchemist_

The_Alchemist_ Void-Bound Voyager

oops didn't see that thx :nuruhappy:

Jonesy likes this.
  18. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Would you say that this:
    Will go with this?:

Flake13, Jareix Cryvix and Kelthazan like this.
  19. NENEL

NENEL Space Hobo

Will we lose our current progress, collected stuff, pixels, etc after this update 1.0?????

20. foreck

foreck Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love the progress, I agree on the novakids but I think that if there was villages, they should be less common as the species is dispersed across the universe and generally speaking they don't like to settle down