RELEASED [SMAPI] Enemy Health Bars

Discussion in 'User Interface' started by OrSpeeder, Mar 15, 2016.

?

Did you liked the colour scheme? (red for healthy enemy, green for almost dead enemy).

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    69.6%
  3. Neutral

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. Venoshock

Venoshock Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. Kaireo

Kaireo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh sorry. Didn't see the author's name so I became sceptical

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

Yep, I put it there...

That system is kinda buggy though :/ I am not sure I will put the other mods there too.

• Venoshock

Venoshock Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Btw OrSpeeder, awesome mods really love all your work and ty!

• tandpastatester

tandpastatester Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey OrSpeeder,

I've been using this mod for a while successfully. However, since the latest SMAPI update (0.39.4) the health bars are out of place. I've seen issues about resolution/zoom with your Chest Labels mod but this one didn't have any issues and worked perfectly before. Any idea what could have changed this?

Thanks!

• OrSpeeder

Please, understand that SMAPI 0.39.4 is highly experimental... as is 0.39.3 (the healthbar mod outright made the game crash on 0.39.3)

If you want to just play the game normally, please use 0.39.2.

• tandpastatester

Affirmative. Thanks, doing a rollback then. No idea what .3 and .4 are improving anyway.

• RaulMarq

RaulMarq Scruffy Nerf-Herder

0.39.5 seems really stable though, according to Zoryn. Should we download that one?

• OrSpeeder

No.

Please wait a bit, don't go download-happy like that, wait for the official SMAPI thread to be updated.

Also ClxS plans in releasing soon a new API, that is compatible with 0.39.2, and not later (for now, at least...)

tandpastatester and RaulMarq like this.
                  • tandpastatester

Its pretty unfortunate that some of the other mods I'm using made their latest version for 0.39.4/5 and they don't seem to be backwards compatible. If I want to keep using 0.39.2 I'll have to stick with older versions of those mods. You can't have everything I guess.

• Ruthkhania

Ruthkhania Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for this mod , :poke: btw can you make a option hide the numeric values of the hp.?

• OrSpeeder

Not bad idea :)

I will note this here!

• Ruthkhania

Ruthkhania Void-Bound Voyager

• xSkellington

xSkellington Poptop Tamer

Yeah I've felt like the monsters were invincible without visible health :p I also think no numbers would be awesome, though

• longxa762

longxa762 Void-Bound Voyager

any update for this mod? all it do now is showing ??? for me

• OrSpeeder

Sorry for my disappearance (54 alerts O.O won't read them now though... just came to reply and explain why I am absent).

The PC I was using to write Stardew Valley mods broke down completely finally around April, it is completely dead.

I already bought most parts for a new PC, but I am struggling to buy a PSU and finish building a chassis (a Fractal Design Define R4 for example costs 80 USD in US, but here it costs 550 USD o_O so I decided to build my own chassis instead of buying one).

I was supposed to be back about 3 weeks ago, but I got defaulted by a costumer (I am programmer for hire) and when he finally paid I had to hand over all my money to my parents so they could pay basic bills and buy food...

So sorry for all that.

I promise that as soon I finish the new computer, I will come back, update the mods and finish the high-res portrait mod before I decide what project to take next. (maybe more SDV, maybe mod other game, maybe make my own game again...)

EDIT: as for the mod only showing "???" it means you didn't killed enough of the enemy, after you kill enough of them, it will start to show "rough" data, then the more you kill (and the more you improve your combat skill on the levelup screen) the more data you will see, until you get exact HP and exact maximum HP.

• xXPhoenixGamerXx

xXPhoenixGamerXx Void-Bound Voyager

Can you update the mod to 0.40.0 please?

• OrSpeeder

Not yet, read the post above yours to know why.

• xXPhoenixGamerXx

xXPhoenixGamerXx Void-Bound Voyager

Im really sorry man about your loss(your computer) :rofl: i know how it feels man

• OrSpeeder

Hello! I am back. Also seemly the mod somehow now works on newest SMAPI without me changing it? o_O

Anyway, what you people wanted me to update on the mod?

And by the way: my computer is STILL not finished, I managed to buy a PSU, but it still doesn't have chassis :/ I will update the mod with the computer assembled on a electronics workbench.