RELEASED Easier fishing

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by steffjes, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Wait, when you say land, you mean actually getting a bite?
    You should get a bite every... 30 seconds (real time) or so? Definitely should get several bites from 1 to 7 PM at least

Lady Ordinary likes this.
    • Lady Ordinary

Lady Ordinary Void-Bound Voyager

...I'm not getting any.
      I even downloaded both of the files in the thread and switched when the other wasn't working for me.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Did you at least get bites in the vanilla game, before you started on this whole modding thing?

• Lady Ordinary

Throughout the amount of hours I put on the game, I got one so far...then, that's it.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Either you got the worst luck imaginable or something else is wrong. Where do you fish? Where exactly do you stand? How far do you cast your rod? Do you keep the rod in water long enough for the fish to bite?

• Lady Ordinary

I'm thinking that I'm forever cursed.
              -I fish on freshwater (or is it a lake?) In cindersnap forest, near Leah's cottage and in front of Sam's house, the port of the beach in front of Willy's shop and near the rock by the beach.

-I usually stand in front of it all the time, facing south.

-I try to cast my rod to maximum

-The longest I have put my rod in water is 6 hours.

• AtomX

AtomX Space Hobo

Excellent, it's just what I was looking for, thanks for the MOD :)

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Are you maybe running any other mods? Have you tried completely reinstalling the game?

• Lady Ordinary

I use many mods for my game. I re-installed it twice now. *sigh* I'm afraid it's not working for me. Thank you for your time, Nurio. I appreciate it. I guess I'll just have to woman up and fish mod-free...even if the sea bans me so. I'm pretty sure Willy gave me a cursed fishing rod. So it's his fault haha.
                    Again, thank you anyway for assisting me.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

It's a shame we didn't get it to work...

• Lady Ordinary

Haha yes. There's nothing we can do about it.

• Jigain

Jigain Phantasmal Quasar

You know, I hate giving up. So I'm going to state/ask you some basic things in the hopes of finding a solution for you. It may sound like I'm making you out to be a... well, less intelligent person, but I assure you it's not the case. Just covering every single thing to make sure there's no misunderstanding. Please bear with me.

When you fish, do you get literally nothing or do you get trash items like algae, bottles of Joja Cola, broken glasses, et cetera?
                          If the former, keep in mind that you'll only get nothing if there's nothing currently on the hook. When there's something on the hook, a sound will play, the bobber will vibrate, and there'll be an exclamation mark by your character. When this happens, you have approximately one second (real-time) to press the left mouse button and either get a trash item or start reeling in the fish. Each time you get the minigame, you're guaranteed a fish if you succeed in it.
                          What other mods do you use? If you have mods that affect luck or the random number generator sequence, you may experience significantly more or significantly less catches. Try disabling all mods and fish again, it might be one of them that messes with your chances.

That's what I can think of so far... once you get back to me, I might think of some more.

Again, I apologize for the "have you tried turning it off and then on again"-style troubleshooting.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

This was already covered. She keeps her bobber in the water for up to 6 hours with nary a bite. She also has been successful with the vanilla Fish.xnb, but apparently not this modified Fish.xnb

As far as I'm aware, the only mod that really affects the RNG is the Better RNG mod. And no matter how much a mod affects your chances, I don't expect it to drop the chances to 0.

• Jigain

Jigain Phantasmal Quasar

While I appreciate your intent, the questions were for the lady, and I do believe you already gave up on helping her.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

I clearly haven't, now have I? Perhaps you could actually appreciate what I am doing here (or don't, but then don't pretend you do) instead of making such... let's say, snide remarks or assertions. (Maybe not the best word to describe it, but I think you know exactly what I am referring to. If not, I'll retract what I said up to now.) There is nothing wrong with me answering the question if I know the answer, so why you react like this is quite a puzzle

Just like there is nothing wrong with asking simple troubleshooting questions, even if they are moot or redundant. Please do go ahead, but also don't mind me answering the questions I can

• Jigain

Jigain Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not sure I understand your hostility towards me. If you have any reason that I shouldn't be helping Lady Ordinary, you should just come out and say it.

The thing is, you cannot answer my questions because you and her are not (I assume, anyway) the same person, with the same experiences, the same files, and the same information. You say you "answered the question", but none of what you said was what I asked about, so I'm not really sure whether you're intentionally or unintentionally trying to prevent me from assisting.

What I'd need is her own answers in her own words, not someone else's interpretations of a different question. Without her input I can't help her.

However, there is fortunately a very easy solution to this. I'll leave the toxic environment in this thread, and if you, Lady Ordinary, want my assistance you're most welcome to contact me via PM or Steam. If I don't hear from you, I'll assume you've worked it out, decided to live with it, or chose not to turn to me for assistance (which I will respect).

Signing out.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Like I said, I have no issue at all with you helping her. Just like you shouldn't have an issue with me answering the questions I can. So, no, I don't have a reason you shouldn't be helping her, since I never once said you couldn't or shouldn't.

But I do have the information you sought, and I provided that information (or so I thought anyway). My intent is nothing more than that: Giving you the information that you seek. My intent isn't to prevent you from assisting. (Again, see above; I'm saying there is nothing wrong with what you were doing at first.) (That said, after that, you were also a bit hypocritical, because you were explicitly denying me from assisting.)

If I misinterpreted your question, my apologies. But I really thought that this:
                                    Answers this:
                                    And that this:
                                    Is an appropriate response to this:
                                    Seeing how, if she already caught fish before, she most likely already knows this.

Again, it's not my intent to be toxic, to prevent you from helping her, or to otherwise show any hostility. I merely answered a question I saw (and thought) I could answer. If I misinterpreted the question, again, I'll apologize, but I hope you can see how I thought my answer was adequate. As for my attitude in my previous post, I already said that if I were wrong, I'd retract what I said. I had thought you had a holier-than-thou attitude, with the way you phrased things (particularly "I do believe") and actually denying me from helping by telling me I gave up (which I didn't). Please understand that I feel the need to defend myself if I see someone looking down on me and denying me things.
                                    Lastly, signing out is a bit drastic; it's much better to talk these things out...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
                                    • Lady Ordinary

Guys, please don't fight! Arguing won't do anyone any good. I'm not sure if you both need to know this ,but the mod creator,
                                      steffjes, had already contacted me regarding the situation and is awaiting for my reply.

Mr. Jigain , I thank you for your willingness to help me. I would gladly provide you with some information regarding my problem. Although, I believe that Mr. Nurio has provided you with the data that you require.
                                      If you personally wish to see it in my own words:

- I had fished tediously in the waters for 6-7 hours gaining no fish, treasure nor junk to be seen on my inventory.
                                      -In case you need to know, my fishing level is at 0.
                                      - The only other mods I use are recolors of the buildings, pets/animals and portraits.

And No, Nurio didn't give up. I simply had asked him to stop. Seeing that I might've been a bother to him.

Mr. Nurio, thank you for providing Jigain with the information he had asked while I was away. I appreciate it, thank you.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
                                        Nurio likes this.
                                      • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

You're right. I let myself get riles up while I shouldn't. I'm sorry.

• Lady Ordinary

I'm sure you meant good. Although, I'm not sure why Jigain wasn't satisfied with the answers you gave him.
                                          Was it because it was not coming from me?