RELEASED Velociraptor Horse Replacements

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by zcsnightmare, Apr 3, 2016.

1. zcsnightmare

zcsnightmare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    Updated 4/17/2016

Changes
    -Attempted to make the tail animation a little smoother in the limited amount of room available (have it "curled" up, like side view, in several sequences, then the tail extended out, so it doesn't violently go left to right)
    -Darkened the shade outline on the belly and underneath tail, slightly more distinguishable.
    -Widened the base of the tail and a couple of minor areas since it was looking a bit weird.
    -Both tan and green raptors are updated.

Updated AGAIN, lol, 4/17, after first posting. Watched gif (was super tired last night when I did all this) and saw that the new tail animation block out view of feet moving when going upwards. Changed up feet animation so it looks like raptors are walking when traveling upward.

[​IMG]

And, as usual, be careful when you go into the long grass.

Updated Download (mediafire)

Hello all,

This is my first reskin attempt for an actual game, so if there's any problems/improvements I need to fix/do, please let me know!

Since there's already one dinosaur in the game, adding another shouldn't be too out of place. So, here's two versions of the Velociraptor I've been working on. (Planning on recoloring several more, have any suggestions?)

Brown/Tan Raptor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(My gif screen capture isn't good at keeping the quality)
    [​IMG]

Green Raptor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download Here (mediafire)

Zip contains both versions, along with a backup vanilla horse.xnb (in case you forgot to make a copy before replacing it).

*Always backup your save(s)! Even if it's unlikely for reskins to have any effect.

Last, but not least, thanks to the great community for thorough guides on how to do this!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
      curi0, shadenira, nickelcurry and 4 others like this.
    • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

This mod is awesome, your avatar is awesome, and I believe you yourself may also be awesome. Green raptor is such a cleverly camouflaged girl in the brush but the brown raptor looks badass.

If I had any suggestions, it would be this: That tail is wagging too quickly or too much. If there's additional frames available in the walking animation to wag it every other frame, I'd go with that. If not, I'd decrease the severity of the wag and have it go out to about half as wide each side.

Other than that, it's a fucking Jurassic Park velociraptor and it kicks ass.

zcsnightmare likes this.
      • zcsnightmare

That's a good idea, I'll work on it later to see if I can't decrease the wag. ^.^ thanks for the input.

You wrote awesome down so many times that now I got the Everything is Awesome song stuck in my head D:

Gabaw likes this.
        • Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

• zcsnightmare

I could give it a shot once I finish up the other tiers of the house I'm working on. Plus, it would finally get me to sit down and fix the existing raptor tail's animation. Lol

Gabaw and Ciriun like this.
          • zcsnightmare

Updated
            -Attempted to make the tail animation a little smoother in the limited amount of room available (have it "curled" up, like side view, in several sequences, then the tail extended out, so it doesn't violently go left to right)
            -Darkened the shade outline on the belly and underneath tail, slightly more distinguishable.
            -Widened the base of the tail and a couple of minor areas since it was looking a bit weird.
            -Both tan and green raptors are updated.

[​IMG]

Gabaw, Crimsonwingedbird and Ciriun like this.
            • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Yo I know I said we wasn't cool anymore but I was just kidding tho we cool. For real dawg. This raptor is the pinnacle of horse achievements. That tail makes it look real and alive.

taintedwheat and zcsnightmare like this.
              • zcsnightmare

[​IMG]

I always knew you'd return to me

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

That cracks me up every time I see it :rofl:

zcsnightmare likes this.
                  • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

You guys are cute. How about a pink or like a jade/femme green color scheme and raptor with shades, or fez, or cute bow?

Lolol

I didnt care for the new "Jurassic World." But Chris Pratt and his cgi raptor babies were cute ;-;

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

For anyone who may still want it, here's a Content Patcher version for SDV 1.3.33. Do note that the hats don't fit the raptors properly.

Attached Files: