WIP StarDOPE VALLEY: adding CANNABIS as a mod to SDV. update: 5/4

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, Apr 6, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Also, I'm kinda taken aback. I think I mentioned above regardless of your involvement or lack of regarding the subject material, this isn't a place to tell people they cannot do something (unless its a hardcode that can't be changed).

Like, at least with the comment you could of provided constructive criticism or more information as to why /WE/ shouldn't.

Is it because it glorifies controlled substances? So? Again, doesn't need to be downloaded.
    Does it dumb down the intensive work put into growing weed? Yeah it does. I know, which is why we're trying to come up ways to make it more interesting, game theory wise in the means of our capabilities.
    Politically? There isn't nothing we could do there. I am planning to make an NPC that will at least bring more light to the subject than just being something you can smoke.

If you want to contribute and make it where it's not a "nuisance to know of its existence" by all means, please share. But I made it specifically clear --as do the mods-- that if you're going to come in and not give ideas to improve the mod then there's no reason of posting.

This isn't general discussion, not a place for hotly debate.

• kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

And a side thought, if they are against it because of the second reason, so is 90% of the game. There's more to growing crops than digging a hole, dropping in a seed and watering it.

• yetidogs

yetidogs Poptop Tamer

CBD should not be a separate type of crop. That is just an inaccurate reflection of CBD and marijuana. I think if you make this mod, it should not only be an awesome and fun mod but also as a fun way of educating people about marijuana (and showing them its just a harmless plant). CBD is a chemical that can be extracted from marijuana, and therefore I strongly believe it should not be a crop type but rather in the mod you should create a processor (like mayonnaise machine, cheese press, etc.) that extracts the CBD from weed and turn its into CBD oil.

MayaMayhem and taintedwheat like this.
        • taintedwheat

Sorry, I didnt mean to misinterpert or misinform! Would you help trying to figure out a mechanic/machine should look like to extract it? We may have to make a new machine, but I do want be as accurate as possible (in the means of our capabilities <mine is noob>)

I wasnt exactly sure. I agree it should be educational and treating is a learning experience. I want to make an npc, i have a look and mind and a backstory that is somewhat based on a real woman who is in the industry and why she got into it.

• kitsunespirit

One way I learned how to get essential oils out of herbs is to soak the leaves in water until the water evaporates, the leftover liquid is the oil (since oil and water don't mix).

It could be as a simple as a still, place so much weed in, add water, wait a few days and get cdb in return!

taintedwheat likes this.
            • Alina_Mau

Alina_Mau Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope it's possible to actually make it so we could give it as a medical item? Like how George requests hot peppers for his arthritis, I think MJ is a better item for that quest :rofl:
              I could also see Kent asking for it as a sort of therapy type relaxer :eek:

taintedwheat and kitsunespirit like this.
              • kitsunespirit

Linus I could totes see him blazing away at his tent lol. There should be a greenish haze in his tent if you go there at night lol.

Alina_Mau likes this.
                • Alina_Mau

Alina_Mau Scruffy Nerf-Herder

LOL well that just makes me want an event where you see Sebastian and Linus passin' the peace pipe after hours :rofl:

taintedwheat likes this.
                  • Zahn

Zahn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't use Marijuana anymore (either alcohol), but for me, is not a drug. Only my opinion.

If alcohol is in game, why not marijuana :p

I marked this thread. I look forward to see the progress of this mod.

Good continuation ;)

taintedwheat likes this.
                    • kitsunespirit

MJ is a drug, it's just not a destructive drug like lsd or meth.

taintedwheat likes this.
                      • taintedwheat

I like this! This is a good solution to the extraction problem!

Yes! Lets get that all together!

• taintedwheat

Note- updated the thread opening post about how to possibly do the CBD, let me know if that sounds good.

Also just the one concept art I did for our NPC. No name as of yet, but fyi she has some filipina in her.
                          mrrr.png

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
                          • kitsunespirit

Wow, nice job with the art, also yay piercings!

taintedwheat likes this.
                            • taintedwheat

thanks, i love piercings, i have too many of them and wanted someone to stand out in SDV xD xDDD;

• katgirl28888

katgirl28888 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can actually view comments on mobile, just tap on the yellow highlight and it should come up

I dunno if you've seen this diversity mod yet, but a lot of the new portraits have piercings too!

taintedwheat likes this.
                                • taintedwheat

Wow jesus i love filipino Caroline... omg its like looking at myself.

I love that mod when I first saw it when it originally came out but love the updates! Thanks for sharing, I might contact the artist and ask for permission to alter that character sheet sometime tomorrow o.o that might cut a lot of the npc work down!

Oh, hmm thats good to know about docs, ill make sure to update that!

• katgirl28888

I know, I saw Elliot and Penny and almost died they're so good. Sebastian is so cute too!! :giggle: Let's hope notsnuffle's open to the idea.

You're welcome :3

taintedwheat likes this.
                                    • taintedwheat

• taintedwheat

Someone posted the below in the doc, let me know if you guys agree this should be part of the rolling station
                                      (I left a note to the anon to at least first post here so everyone could discuss it first, and that wishlist is to refer to actually get the ball moving on the projects, should I put a note about this on the opening post as a rule?):

Alina_Mau likes this.
                                      • katgirl28888

You probably should mention it in the Doc, at the very top. Like a big title to catch people's attention and a note to post suggestions on the forum, not the doc. Or you could make a second doc for suggestions and link it here, since having to make an account might turn some people off from leaving comments