RELEASED Easier fishing

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by steffjes, Mar 3, 2016.

1. AHankins95

AHankins95 Space Hobo

How do mods effect the game? For example will I still be able to get the achievements and such? I've never modded before

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Most mods don't have any nasty side effects like this. As for this particular mod, I can confirm I still get achievements with it

• nonblonde

nonblonde Void-Bound Voyager

This may be a silly question, but I am stumped. I downloaded easier fishing and when I go to open the file it asked me what program I want to use to open it. I honestly don't know and can't seem to find the answer. Could anyone in here help me with this? I seriously need this mod, been playing for a solid week and can't catch one fish, it's hampering my overall game experience. Thanks

• Jigain

Jigain Phantasmal Quasar

You don't open it with anything. You just place it in your Content\Data folder, replacing the existing Fish.xnb file (ideally after copying or renaming it as a backup), and you're good to go.

nonblonde likes this.
          • nonblonde

Thank you Jiqain. I was trying to open from the browser instead of downloads folder. My bad.

• nonblonde

Steffjes!!! Thank you so much, just caught my first fish! Woootttt

• JimBJ9

JimBJ9 Space Hobo

Man, you know what would be a great fishing mod? One that doesn't alter how the fish moves, but just doesn't lower the "catch progress" when the fish jumps outside of the bar.

That would technically give you a 100% fishing rate, but it would be good practice for people who don't have great hand-eye coordination. As it stands, it's really hard for someone like my wife, who was never a gamer, but fell in love with this game, to get the hang of fishing because she has to start over when she loses the fish in about 5 seconds. I'm contemplating installing this mod for her, which will allow her to progress in the game, but it's not going to actually help her get better at fishing in the long run.

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

This is something that a lot of people have asked me about. The point is.
                  I am not someone that can deliver that to you as of the point of right now.
                  As much as i love coding and such...
                  In the future i might take a look at something like this just as what i have stated somewhere else that you are able to just select them with a box.
                  But that ain't happening anytime soon as for me.
                  Tbh I am just a kid that enjoys gaming and coding but i have my limitations to how far i can take it and will take it as i still wish to enjoy my games.
                  This was planned to be a small project.. It kinda wasn't and i am happy it wasn't ^^.
                  But i really do have my limits.

I am very sorry that i am not able to help you out with this as of right now.
                  ~Regards Steffjes/Dogs

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
                  • caseyy

caseyy Big Damn Hero

Thx for your mod.
                    This is wonderful

• Spazzas

Spazzas Aquatic Astronaut

This mod works .. SWIMMINGLY!

Thanks a lot for your work!

Edit: Removed reference to SMAPI.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
                      • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

This doesn't even use SMAPI...

• Spazzas

@Nurio

Oh oops, you're right, thanks for pointing that out. I've just been including my SMAPI version in all my replies in case anybody was wondering, guess I wrote that in without thinking.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

No worries. I noticed you were posting in several mod threads about the compatibility with SMAPI. Just thought to point out this doesn't use SMAPI to prevent confusion.
                            As a sidenote: Any SMAPI mod that is 0.39.x (so basically most mods nowadays) also works with 0.40.0

• Spazzas

@Nurio. Oh, I see, thanks for letting me know. I just discovered this forum yesterday, so modding is very new to me. I will re-edit my original post.

• Lady Ordinary

Lady Ordinary Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm...I'm certain that I followed the installation process, but nothing seems to be happening at all!
                                Maybe my save file is broken...?
                                Can somebody assist me with this?

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Well, nothing in particular is supposed to happen. It's still the same minigame and nothing special happens to tell you the mod is installed. The fish are just a bit less erratic in the minigame. Are you sure they're just as difficult as before?

• Lady Ordinary

I'm absolutely sure. I even switched it to SUPER easy...yet nothing happened.
                                    I would fish from morning until night then return home fruitless . I uninstalled it ,then reinstalled it again and again up to the point where I got so frustrated that I simply stopped trying to fish. I guess my fishing level is forever stuck at 0.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Okay. In your Stardew Valley folder, there should be a folder named Content. Inside that folder, there's a folder named Data.
                                      Copy the Fish.xnb file to that Data folder and overwrite the one that is already there.
                                      (Might be a good idea to make a backup of the original Fish.xnb file)

That's all there is to it. If you've done this and it's still not working, can you post a screenshot of the inside of the Data folder, as well as a copy of the Fish.xnb you are trying to install?

Lady Ordinary likes this.
                                      • steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

add me on steam

Lady Ordinary likes this.
                                        • Lady Ordinary

Thank you for your reply , but I don't have Steam :facepalm:
                                          Would it be possible for you to look into my save file? (I'm not sure how it correlates with my problem though)
                                          Or is there a specific file you need to look into?

Maybe I can assist you in some way instead?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016