Tool StarDew Valley ModManager(SDVMM) 3 -VB based

Discussion in 'Mods' started by yuukiw, Mar 2, 2016.

1. LloydVanheim

LloydVanheim Poptop Tamer

I made sure I removed them

• TheRTist

TheRTist Space Hobo

I've been having an error it seems no matter what mods I try (Using or not using the MM). The error message states that It "could not find part of the path". Any ideas to work around that?

• yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SDVMM says it?

• youiri65

youiri65 Space Hobo

im not sure if this error is resolved already but, on the attached, i get these lines and im not sure how to get through this.

Attached Files:

• yuukiw

this error was reported and i am not sure what the source of it is since the error appears in smapi itself and not sdvmm. Sorry.

• youiri65

youiri65 Space Hobo

Oh neat. I'll ask on their github. Thanks for that insight.

• Buzz_Inn

Buzz_Inn Seal Broken

Suggestion
                I'm using Ver 1.6e1 and have been playing around with several mods now. I do find it a bit annoying to cut & paste the file path or drill down to where I put the mod files. I suggest a "Settings" path for the "Add SMAPI/XNB Mod" button or have the file open dialog 'remember' the last used path.

I'm loving this mod and had very few problems with it. Keep up the good work. :nuruhappy:

bulbaswat likes this.
                • yuukiw

done.

Also XNB should now be deleted again

bulbaswat likes this.
                  • bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just attempted to update the mod manager, and at first it said something went wrong with the update. I thought "okay, we'll just try again," but when it did, I got an error that said something along the lines of the updater file is being used by another process, and thus it cannot be accessed at the moment. This would be fine, if not for the fact that now when I load up the mod manager it pops up with the error again and if you continue past that, nothing else loads. I just checked the processes currently running in task manager, and didn't see anything I could immediately recognize as the mod manager or it's updater.

If you want the details it gives with the error message let me know. I don't want to post them right now because I want to edit out my name from it if I do that, and don't have time to do it right now.

• yuukiw

Is the 7 zip prompt complaining or sdvmm itself?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

• bulbaswat

Sdvmm itself is.

• yuukiw

delete the update files and try again

• bulbaswat

That seems to have worked. Thank you for the help.

• yuukiw

OK, i seemingly put in the wrong check sum and due this it always failed.

• bulbaswat

Well it seems to be working fine now at least, so that's good. I just reinstalled all my mods after having to restore my content folder to the vanilla state so I could get a backup of the 1.07 files.

While doing this, there were some things that came to mind that sounded useful. Would it be possible to remove the box that pops up just to tell you you've right clicked on something and just go straight to renaming it? It might not be noticeable when just adding one or two mods, but I just renamed around twenty or so in one go, and it got annoying. Other than that, I also think it might speed up that process if you could just right click on the mod you want to rename without having it selected already.

Nothing necessary really, just thought it might be good for ease of use.

• Buzz_Inn

Buzz_Inn Seal Broken

Thanks for the quick response & change to having the "Add Mod" button remembering the last mod location.
                                  (BTW the XNB ref is still on the button.)

I think I've found bug that was in Ver 1.6e1 and is in the current Ver 1.7 as well. I have seen other posts of people loosing all they're mods and having to reinstall them. I noticed when I deactivate a mod, shutdown SDVMM and then restart it all the mods are gone except for the one that was deactivated. Upon further investigation I've found that when a mod is deactivated. Instead of moving the deactivated mod to the deactivated folder, all the mods are moved to the deactivated folder. All are placed under the deactivated mod's name, including the one that was deactivated.

I'm running the software on a Win7 Pro 32-bit SP1 machine.

PS Could a close button be added? Like next to the 'Settings' button.

• yuukiw

close button added.
                                    looking in the other issue right now.

• kidsparks

kidsparks Tentacle Wrangler

My stardew valley mod manager is having trouble updating as well. Everytime i update it it gives me a "something went wrong" error. I tried deleting the 7 zip update files but it still gives me the same error

• yuukiw

Just execute the updater.exe it could be that he didnt save the new checksum once again.

• kidsparks

kidsparks Tentacle Wrangler

Alright that worked, no idea why I didn't think of doing that :oops: