RELEASED Bus Stop Storage (SMAPI and Map Replacement Versions)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BoffoBoy, Apr 11, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

I see. How would work what an even newer tilesheet ? <the colors are also being changed>

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

So been hard at work redoing a map with no npc's LOL

I can do a smaller version but if that's the case you only need one entrance right?

Am about to start on the on the storage proper so it's a fine time to customize it. I need to measure it so it fits well for manual workstation collection but around 29x 18 give or take a few Longitudinally ok?.

Just so you know , the custom file grew in size

Actually with the wall taking up 3 tiles 29x 18 total map size is fine with 29x 15 workable floor area. Turns out that's what KingJoey's Bigger Cave Floor 1 uses so a single ladder should work

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
      • suzannemonroe

suzannemonroe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i wish i would know what you're talking about xD i only know how to install mods & thats it xD

• suzannemonroe

suzannemonroe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i'm not exactly sure what you mean but i like having 4 different rooms but the rooms themselfes are too big in my opinion

• BoffoBoy

there will be no rooms in the smaller version, merely a ladder down.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You would then also have to replace the tilesheet xnb, as long as the name of the tilesheet within the map (zcustom) and the name of the file (joshhouse_custom) are the same, then the loader will accept them just the same.
              I am actually designing a loader that uses json files to dynamically load multiple maps, tilesheets and tile edits, that way you can simply setup your file info, define the tile edits needed to reach the new location, and voila, instant addition to the game, no C# knowledge or map replacement required.

BoffoBoy and taintedwheat like this.
              • taintedwheat

You know, I don't know how easy it is but it would be brilliant if people can pick and choose their borders and colors with ease. I've made several different tiles to make different color interiors that I made sure would be ease to combine color wise and well manual placement by setting it in 16x16 grid (learned that the hard way) and if there was a way your program made it easy for people to change the borders and have more floor and wallpaper to choose from people would die for that.

• BoffoBoy

Sigh and sigh again. seems I picked a map for host that on retrospect is not a valid location to warp to. that I caught that is proof enough I try and play test these mods hehe

So my work for the day is gone as I cannot transfer map info from one map to another and I am burned out big time.

here's what the revamped lobby looked like
                  https://gyazo.com/7ded741bc0d294170e22976ae4b55d41

Sigh

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Might I ask that you'd make the circle room in the lobby symmetrical? Cause my OCD is going to go nuts if that single room doesnt match with the rest.

As for locations, might I suggest using the guild to host it?

• BoffoBoy

I guess so, I mean it's 3 now might work arcade is 3 as well? Keep in mind those rooms were late stage evolution, especially that questionable painting and the bull skull.

I did not realize marubasement was not a valid teleport location but trying to go there just kicked me back to bus stop, not crash.

Taintedwheat suggested adventure too but the properties are a bit insane there for my liking, not to forget to mention I figured a new mode of attack; recreate the game map, not the modded content.

For that I found a really small valid warp location with no npc's ever present to be led into the elaborate trap I made for them.

Note that red room is an odd numbered set piece while the arcade is an even numbered set piece; in this world of highly granularized map making, symmetry is tossed out the door.

OCD Cake version, you like?
                      https://gyazo.com/cafff135c66ff8e50f654632f03b740e

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
                      • Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Holy COW. HOW DID I MISS THIS? THIS IS AWESOME! :D

BoffoBoy, Avarwen and taintedwheat like this.
                        • Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

Awesome now I can have as much crap as I want without my farm looking a mess.

BoffoBoy likes this.
                          • Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

I like the different themes :D. Overall nice mod for those who have a lot and I mean a lot of crap that they don't want to throw out because almost everything in stardew valley serves a purpose (most of the time in uncanny situations)

BoffoBoy likes this.
                            • BoffoBoy

Standard version of Map Replacement is finally up, you really do not want to know why it took so long.

I'll push out the requested smaller version tomorrow prolly, it's simply resizing the rooms right?

suzannemonroe likes this.
                              • taintedwheat

i'd use the smaller ones too, man, i'm too lazy to make my own house this legit

• BoffoBoy

First post updated with general cleanup of text and a new 'Small' version for the map replacement version. The map is 30 across not the planned 29, simply because Column Wallpaper is not diplomatically disposed.

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

Well... I just wanted to enter the storage and the game just closed itself... Is it because I use Tego's Stardew Expansion?

• BoffoBoy

Well tego's is a SMAPI mod that messes with the bus stop map right?

This mod is both a SMAPI version and two simple map replacement options, all use bus stop as a way to access the storage

I guess this was always gonna happen but is the tego's farm whatever map replacement obvious? I could just take your version of farm or buss stop you give me and add a teddy bear you click to enter the storage from and I hand it back. My change is SUPER simple.

Code:
                                      Add bear -> profit

Keep in mind this means it's gonna be no SMAPI version for you, I only have editing powers over the map replacement versions.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
                                      • SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

No, it's fine. I don't need this Storage that much to go through this trouble, honestly.
                                        But thanks for the response. Maybe you and Tego can up with a solution together?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The problem is that tego's mod is replacing the loaded maps completely, if this happens after the tile edits are performed by the mod, then those tile edits are lost

As a workaround, try changing the folder name for busStopStorage to zbusStopStorage, or add a `a` in front of tego's mods folder.
                                          That should make it so this mod is loaded after tego's

BoffoBoy likes this.