RELEASED Bus Stop Storage (SMAPI and Map Replacement Versions)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BoffoBoy, Apr 11, 2016.

1. BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Thanks millions mate, this was way out of my league. George and Evelyn thank you from freeing them from all that mysterious storage crap! Alex hardly lives there so screw him!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

i prefer having my mods in this folder.

question, i noticed the time ticked at vanilla pace even though i have that mod on that can freeze time/ double the length of the the original ticks wasn't working

do we replace all of the xnbs that once changed the map back since its in the smapi, or ?

• suzannemonroe

suzannemonroe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hey :) i'm using the xnb files & i think i found a bug. at 5:50 i found Evelyn walking to the secret entrance so i followed her & found her & Alex in a endless loop between the spawnpoint & the exit ladder :D

BoffoBoy likes this.
        • BoffoBoy

What in tarnations, how is that even possible, what season was it?

what exactly did you mean by secret entrance

I'm trying to replicate this, was updating to newest version for a few days ago and wasn;t done reinstalling everything ^^

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
          • BoffoBoy

Oh man yeah, they walk right on over to busstop and enter that way

lol yeah secret entrance my foot hahahahahaha known only to you and the odd mobile senior citizen

I have not actually played the game for weeks been so busy modding, I never thought to stalk the old lady and boy to see where they went.

I cannot stop laughing hold on.

oh my.

that is the funniest thing ever to happen in stardew.. and old lady trap/storage solution!

I really have no idea why this would happen, but I know what I prolly need to do and it's REALLY not pretty on my end. I wonder, do they auto go back home when the day is done?

thank you so much for this feed back, I'll just remake the mod on a different map lol gonna take a *few* hours.

Never would I have thought.

well if you are there, can they get out again at the end of the day?

need to take down the links for right now.

I need to stop laughing first.

ok calmed down, the SMAPI version should be fine... honest, it removes all notion of joshhouse.

• suzannemonroe

haha i never thought to stalk them either but i never saw Evelyn going to the Bus stop & i wanted to know where she was going :D i wanted to stalk them again so that i can see if they walk home & i don't know if this has something to do with your mod but i walked into evelyns house & my game crashed.

taintedwheat likes this.
              • taintedwheat

See....

I told him that -___-
                I just suck and only have one game file and its currently on the second winter festival day so I'm not much help there.

• BoffoBoy

I would dare say because the npc's were bugged as I can enter into their house normally before they get trapped. and yes that crash was the mod hehe.

just to be explicit, I make sure I can enter their house every major change.

The SMAPI version should be fine, I removed all references to joshhouse before handing it over the all powerful cake man.

• suzannemonroe

well i don't know why this is happening right know because it didn'tbefore but when i want to go to the storage i'm at Evelyn's House & i get the event where she gives me her cookie recipe xD it's normal that i got the event because i have 4 hearts with her now but it was not the right entrance :D
                    (i'm sorry if you don't really understand what i was saying but my english is not the best & it was very hard for me to explain the situation xD)

• BoffoBoy

I have to move the host map, it's gonna be a few hours at least. Dinner is canceled

• suzannemonroe

no you don't have to do it know, take your time :( i kinda feel bad right know :(

• BoffoBoy

Well the mod is basically redone just this go around gonna take the time to really take the art to a new level since I have the hood open AGAIN (you have no idea how practiced I am redoing this map) =)

So this is gonna take taintedwheat's invaluable help and not just my effort, might be a day or so. In the mean time the SAMPI version should be perfectly fine, just replace the two content/maps .xbn before using, joshhouse and busstop.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

uh.. wait.. if im using the SMAPI version of your mod, i still need to replace joshhouse and busstop?

• taintedwheat

no not if you're using smapi.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No, he means that if you are using the SMAPI version that you need to restore those maps to the defaults that ship with stardew.

BoffoBoy likes this.
                                • suzannemonroe

hey i'm using the SMAPI version now & it works perfect, great job! i still have a (small?) request. i like the idea of having more space & more rooms & maybe it's just me but in my opinion the rooms are too big. so is it possible that you can make a smaller version in the future? you don't have to, i'm just asking :)

• taintedwheat

Hi, yeah, I've mentioned to him about this. I think were going to do something like 33.3% less space :]

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If you know how to modify maps yourself, just replace the xnb file with a different one, just keep in mind that the warp into it exits at tile 44,55

• taintedwheat

Is that all it is to replace it?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Technically? Yeah, just keep in mind that you have to keep the `zcustom` tilesheet in there even if it doesnt get used, because of how the mod is doing some trickery to let it be loaded from the mod directory instead of needing to be in Content.

When it comes down to it, the mod is effectively just adding a new location from that specific xnb, so just like you can replace the xnb for any other location, you can replace that one.