1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Starfoundry Re-Coded BETA-0.0.1

Updating starfoundry to the newer version of starbound!

1. rater193

rater193 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

rater193 submitted a new mod:

StarfoundryPorted - Updating starfoundry to the newer version of starbound!

Read more about this mod...

2. crazygreggy

crazygreggy Phantasmal Quasar

Hope approval is forth coming as this was a great mod to play with. Good luck!

3. midkiff87

midkiff87 Void-Bound Voyager

can i get a link for the mod i'll gladly test it sounds pretty awesome to me

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Sweet. I thought about porting it myself, and then I thought it would be too much work to figure out all the depreciated LUA functions (from EK) x all the objects. I'm glad someone less lazy than myself did so.

5. rater193

If you guys want the port to get approved, show your support saying so on starfoundry's mod discussion page!

6. sosmic

sosmic Pangalactic Porcupine

Starfoundry was one of the best mod!
    It would be amazing if you manage to make it work.
    Metadept became a member of chucklefish team
    If you get no answer you should maybe try to contact Mollygos who is community manager and ask her if she can pass the message to Metadept.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/members/mollygos.6170/

my first base with starfoundry... i miss it so much...
    [​IMG]

7. rater193

ok, thanks :)

8. rater193

9. rater193

10. rater193

11. rater193

12. sosmic

sosmic Pangalactic Porcupine

13. renbear

renbear Cosmic Narwhal

We (the Frackin' Universe team) talked with Metadept about updating his mod a month or two ago. I never got around to even STARTING the work. I'm sure Metadept won't have any problem with it whatsoever, based on what he said to us. I'd recommend getting in touch with him just to be sure, though. (It might take him a week or two to answer. He's been super-busy.)

I'm really glad you're taking this on!

14. GreamMeakel

GreamMeakel Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded it, and it ends in .pak

My computer wants to extract it, and when i put it in the mods folder my game won't start.

Any ideas?

15. crazygreggy

crazygreggy Phantasmal Quasar

Its a Modpack. When downloading make sure you ARE downloading ( not Open with ).

16. rater193

i will patch that tomorrow, sorry, i only have a few hrs a day i can work on this.
    Sorry for the wait, im just a verry busy person.
    Also, thanks for the feedback!

17. rater193

tomorrow is here! :p
    now to get to patching!

18. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

"if you do not reply within 1 week, then i will take it as a yes, and continue porting the mod, if you want me to take it down, then i will remove the mod!"

Im sorry, but that isn't how that works. No reply is automatically a NO, not the other way around. No one is going to see your post on the mod thread unless they specifically go looking, seeing as the account used to upload it hasn't been logged into since 2014. Out of respect to the original creators, you need permission BEFORE uploading.

I get what you are trying to do, and intend no ill will, but you are not respecting the community as a whole, especially when the original mod says "You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.". Saying you will take it down if asked doesn't magically make it alright, that makes it worse, because you are admitting that you don't have permission, but uploaded it anyway.

19. rater193

sorry, i came from the minecraft community, where when i ported old mods, the authors never replied, so i made posts like that on there. old habits die hard xD

20. rater193