RELEASED More Music Mod

Discussion in 'Music/SFX' started by Drogean, Mar 4, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reaperbird

reaperbird Void-Bound Voyager

I'm unsure if it's a problem I have but after installing this, I can no longer change the volume of music? Even turning it off doesn't work, it stays at the same volume level unless I mute the whole game with my computer's volume mixer.

• Kateish

Kateish Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you changing the ambient volume?
      They're technically just adding music to the quiet ambient sound files so they won't be affected by the music slider.

Drogean likes this.
      • SonoTheHedge

SonoTheHedge Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
        sheetcakeghost likes this.
      • Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i dont have a list, i just listen to each wav

• SonoTheHedge

Wow, ok then.

• Vajura

Vajura Void-Bound Voyager

I think dearly beloved would fit perfectly for evening/night winter theme

Just have to find the right version

GreaterPorpoise likes this.
            • zeropositivo

zeropositivo Void-Bound Voyager

Just wondering, have you thought about adding the unreleased tracks that CA himself made?

(for reference, some are here )

• Mucchan

Mucchan Tentacle Wrangler

Here's the list of BGMs which I've found so far if you still need it. Just ignore the last column. Credit to Drogean since his music replacement means I can identify some of the ambient tracks that have been replaced and where they're used.

Attached Files:

sheetcakeghost, RuiRui and Drogean like this.
                • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Hi, I actually find the Summer ambient sound effects to be really obnoxious. So I remixed my own version that uses cicadas instead of mosquitos. Now, I've made my own custom wave bank (your tut was great) and just thought I'd share the remixed summer sounds here for you to use if you also find the summer sfx to be annoying even with overlayed music.

Attached Files:

GreaterPorpoise and Shellark like this.
                  • Rotochron

Rotochron Void-Bound Voyager

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm dumb and didn't see the link to your guide at the beginning. Cheers!

Lovely mod though! :D

Drogean likes this.
                    • Drogean

thanks

i didn't write it in the notes, but I already removed the mosquitos/bees track from the summer track in my mod since the early versions

• mordhau5

mordhau5 Lucky Number 13

I tried this mod out for a few days of in-game time and have a few thoughts for op:
                        Things I liked
                        • AWESOME selection of music
                        • Mod is crazy easy to "install/uninstall"
                        • Music fits well (ie Rainy music feels rainy, beach music feels beachy...hey I'm not a wordsmith here)
                        • The number of songs provides a decent amount of variety with the ones included
                        • Looping is seamless
                        • Nice that the ambient sounds are still totally audible
                        Things I didn't
                        • Once the vanilla music for an area ended it would play just one song over and over after that point. Would be nice if it would go back and forth between stock and mod.
                        • With the mod replacing the ambient soundtrack, music plays too often for my tastes. And this is really my main complaint with the mod. Maybe I'm missing the point here but I found it to forcefully insert itself into moments when I was hoping for some peaceful respite. I.e. go to beach for some late night fishing and sounds of the ocean and there goes the beach music at full volume. I knew this is how it would work going into it, but I didn't anticipate it becoming annoying. Vanilla stardew really does need more music as there's way too much silence with the stock soundtrack but after 80-some hours in the game I think I realized that some of the best moments are during periods without music. I guess I'm trying to say it's a balance. One that's probably too personal to satisfy everyone without adding some level of configuration.
                        This would definitely be great as a "full-fledged" mod. Something run through a mod loader that could overlay tracks a bit more sophisticatedly or potentially a 3rd party application that rebuilds the Wave Bank using some config options. Keep in mind that I am coming in relatively new to the Stardew modding scene and brand new this forum so take comments with a grain of salt.

• sheetcakeghost

What you're suggesting would be very cool, but also very complicated to do. A lot of the sound playing is hard coded into the game (meaning even using SMAPI or STORM to change things would be a challenge.) I think though right now the best solution is to keep a copy of the original wave bank as well as a selection of alternate wave banks that do something similar. That way you can switch back and forth depending on your mood.

I don't know if Drogean has considered making two versions of this mod where one replaces ambient music and the other only replaces the original tracks. Given the point of it is to have music during moments where music wouldn't be it might be a bit of unnecessary extra work.

• FranKer

FranKer Void-Bound Voyager

I just registered to ask where the music "Caves (levels 11+)" is? I think i heard it before in other game. Help me pls!

• Shellark

Shellark Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The music is called Ruins, and it's from the Undertale soundtrack.

• mordhau5

mordhau5 Lucky Number 13

I figured there was a reason that it had been done this way rather than through SMAPI. The switching back and forth based on mood is actually a great idea. If the config options aren't something that's massively demanded my idea may very well be overkill.

Actually I think a replacement of the built in music would be great. Similar to how it is now you would replace the original tracks with tracks that have the original music in them, followed by maybe a minute of silence, then one of the mod songs (Undertale, Klonoa or something). I think my main issue is that I don't like the silence that comes after the in-game music ends and never comes back. The problem with what I suggested there is that I bet doubling the lengths of each track would massively increase the size of the download :nurusad: Also ambient noise is one thing but would distributing game music files like that get into legal grey area?

Acerbicon and Drogean like this.
                                • SonoTheHedge

TYVM, I'll make sure to use it!
                                  Also, I have my own list too. I posted in this thread.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/harvest-moon-sound-pack.113696/

Thanks again!

• sheetcakeghost

Probably not the best place to ask this, but I was using your wave bank extractor flawlessly for a while, and then suddenly it decided that anything it extracted wouldn't be the correct file format. Even when I extract straight from the vanilla wave bank. Is there some setting I screwed up without realizing it?

• Drogean

well yes thats pretty obvious, I would delete everything and start over from scratch

• sheetcakeghost

Thing is, I've done that several times already and it hasn't helped. I've even unpacked your wave bank only to get the same message without having edited anything at all. So I'm at a loss here.

I was sort of hoping that maybe this had happened to someone else and they knew what was causing it to do that. d: I guess that isn't the case then.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.