RELEASED Access Chest Anywhere [Smapi 0.40.0^]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by VIspReaderUS, Apr 4, 2016.

1. VIspReaderUS

VIspReaderUS Void-Bound Voyager

what version of smapi do you have? Need to be 39.5 or higher

• SweetMaryJane

SweetMaryJane Space Spelunker

I'm using 40.0

• VIspReaderUS

hmmm, I'm at work right now. I tested this on 40.0 last night. But will go check it again later tonight when I get home.

Edit1: I have the steam version. Might be because of that. Also I didn't care to check the games version. If it's 1.7 or 1.6...will have to check that later. I think it might be the game version

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
          SweetMaryJane likes this.
        • snowangel526

snowangel526 Aquatic Astronaut

Same problem as SweetMaryJane, loop and I uninstalled every mods except for yours.

• Zahn

Zahn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Works perfectly with 1.07 steam version. Thanks for this awesome mod :)

Any way to sort by alphabetical order and access to barn and coop chests ?

• VIspReaderUS

so I guess the problems @SweetMaryJane and @snowangel526 is because they have the GOG version..hmmm, I don't know how will I test that as I don't have the GOG version. Maybe you guys can get a refund and get steam version instead?

I can add the sorting on next patch. I will check the barn and coop chests too later

• Zahn

Zahn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome ! Thanks :)

PS: I'm using SMAPI 0.40.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
                • bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

Hi again. I've been using your (awesome, btw) mod for some time and I'd like to ask if it's possible to make it compatible with the SmartMod. SM allows to quick stack things from inventory to the chest by pressing Tab. While it works when accessing chests directly, if a chest is accessed via "B" button, quick stack does not work.

• VIspReaderUS

I have thought about that. With the current smapi and how the game works, it isn't possible. I could do this and just copy paste SmartMod's code to my mod. And I wouldn't call that "compatibility" as It doesn't access smartmods API. I dont even know if I'm allowed to copy his code.

[EDIT1:] all I could do is make an API for my mod, and let SmartMods developer override my methods and do what smartmods do to chests

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
                    • KuroBear

KuroBear Phantasmal Quasar

why i get var 'playitems' is null and why inherit ItemGrabMenu?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
                      • VIspReaderUS

what? Are you sure your using the latest version

EDIT: oh. Are you the smatrmod developer?
                        you wanna make your mod work on my mod? I still need to make an API so you can do whatever smartmod does to my mod. I'm at work right now so I can't talk much here. Lets talk about this later on how can you interact with my mod when I got my API finished

• KuroBear

thx, but i dont need apis because it's already done

• VIspReaderUS

ah, all right. So you got your mod working on mine?

• KuroBear

yes

Attached Files:

• VIspReaderUS

cool... Very nice

• VIspReaderUS

anyone wants bigger chest? like a 72 slots chests? on a 2x1 wide tile?i could look up on how to do this and make it. i need a challenge, but not too big. This mod is almost at its peak, a few recodes and cleaning hear and there and thats about it. ofcourse this 'bigger chest mod' would have to be compatible with this mod. Also, the bigger chest mod will not touch the original 36 slot chest. this mod is gonna have its own crafting recipe. also 2x2 tile chest(144 slot...xD)?dont get your hopes up though, im just a noob who codes as a hobby

ress_1819 likes this.
                                  • Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

I DO! :D too many fishies and not enough room x) hey, another challenge could be an option for searching items through your many chests. Would that be doable or impossible atm? O: (I miss my AE system, lol)

• Zahn

Zahn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nobody said no for double chest ! That would be great !

Edit: And the @Ichimatsu idea for item search is a really good idea !

• sirwoof

sirwoof Void-Bound Voyager

when I press B, it crashes, I have 8 mods installed, including this one.
                                        I have smapi and label chest mod installed.

http://pastebin.com/kYS30pSt

• Zahn

Zahn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

CJB automation ? It's only one that use chests i think.

I have "chest labels" and "npc map locations" too, and no crashes.

Maybe try to desactivate mods one by one and see which is problematic.