RELEASED Bus Stop Storage (SMAPI and Map Replacement Versions)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BoffoBoy, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yeah.. think compiling is going to take longer then I thought, apparently none of my old VS projects ever depended on XNA, so gotta install that whole thing to! >_<

taintedwheat likes this.
    • BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

No rush mate

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

... Would one of you happen to have the tIDE installer still? Codeplex keeps giving me 404's whenever I try to download the damn thing there, and I cant find it anywhere else >_<

Edit: Never mind, I managed to get it downloaded using a different browser, damn microsoft and their damn wont-work-on-anything-but-IE websites.... >_>

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Progress so far:
          - Managed to get the interactive tile replaced
          - Managed to get the warp to act as expected

Still working on:
          - Getting the map to load
          - Getting the custom tileset to load

(Atm if you TP to the new area the game crashes :rofl:)

BoffoBoy and taintedwheat like this.
          • BoffoBoy

I know that crashing on entering thing, as I said, no rush mate. I can just edit the first post if you want to keep it up to date, not sure if this would break after every patch.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Unless SMAPI changes completely or stardew changes how maps worp completely, this should be fairly future-proof.

Edit: Got done with all the tile edits needed to make the signpost look the way it should, now just waiting for a reply from @Advize to a question I had.

• BoffoBoy

Advize is a wise individual, that's fantastic if it doesn't break every patch=)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yeah, from what I can tell he actually is directly editing the tile maps and simply put a easy to use wrapper around it so us less knowledgeable people can use it to some extend.

In fact, I'm right now so far that if joshhouse_custom.xnb is put under Content, the mod will work.

Still trying to figure out how to make the game load it directly from the mods own directory.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Uuuhm, I just tried out a warp on your map, and got stuck inside the house's wall... I do believe you forgot to update your warps to reference the new map, didnt you? :rofl:

Edit: Are the tiles in the custom tileset ones not in the game by default? Because if they are in the game by default, if you reference the tilesets they are in from your custom map, we can do away with the custom tileset completely...

• BoffoBoy

I'm an idiot, hold on getting to that right away hehe

if you yell loud enough, you can say hi to George and Eveline

and right, those tiles are not in game other than the weathered wood floors.

look at all that custom wallpaper!

Oh and you bet you that green pentagram is not referenced in game. You honestly did not want to see this mod without those custom tiles.... brrrr, that 'red room'.

now with untested new warp settings!
                      https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3hxbjdfvhu2chd/BusStopStorage_SMAPI.zip?dl=0

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ok then, back to finding a way to remove the need to put a file in the Content directory then :)

• BoffoBoy

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Actually, I've just managed to get it to work, the only issue atm is that you have to install the mod in the mods directory that is located next to Stardew Valley.exe in order for it to work :rofl:

• BoffoBoy

Yeah six of one half a dozen of the other. You can put it in a sub folder maybe?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No, what I mean is that you have to use the steamapps/stardewvalley/mods directory instead of the appdata/roaming/stardewvalley/mods directory
                              Currently trying to work around that, so wish me luck!

• BoffoBoy

That vinegar mod just dumps it into one folder so long as it looks for the tilesheet there you are fine, folders within folders, but all anyone see's is one folder.

magic!

Wait a min, what's wrong with the main folder mod folder?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I've managed to get the game to be willing to load tilesheets without needing them to be relative to the Content directory...
                                  Now the problem is that it cant load tilesheets from the Content directory anymore :rofl:

BoffoBoy likes this.
                                  • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Got the mod as ready as I can atm, just waiting for the fixed map from your end :p

• BoffoBoy

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

taintedwheat likes this.