RELEASED [SMAPI] InstantGrowTrees--Grow trees overnight!

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by cantorsdust, Mar 23, 2016.

1. LinJean57

LinJean57 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! Love the mod but have a small suggestion. I'd like to be able to just set RegularTreesGrowInWinter to true but have insta-grow off (a little less cheaty). Would it be possible to add in code such that if RegularTreesGrowInWinter=true but RegularTreesInstantGrow=false, it just adjusts the growth stage by a value of 0 or 1 (random)? So, each day there is maybe a 25% chance that the growth stage would be incremented.

• Goldenrevolver

Goldenrevolver Astral Cartographer

thats not what this mod does. the "regular tree grow in winter" option is just a filter for the instant grow. for regular trees naturally growing in winter look here http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/260/?

• Tassii

Tassii Cosmic Narwhal

since SMAPI 4.0 my trees have stopped growing over night...will this be updated soon?

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

I have smapi 0.40.0, and it still works for me. Make sure your config is set right.

• djc1017

djc1017 Void-Bound Voyager

How do I configure the file so I can put fruit tree instant to true? do I change the file to wordpad? I'm very confused!

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

1)Download mod, extract to correct folder.
              2)Make sure all files are in the mod-named folder, not loose.
              3)Run game once; make sure the mod loads. If it doesn't, double check mod folder location.
              4)Open this mods folder, make sure config.ini file has been created. If not, start process over.
              5)Download and install Notepad ++
              6)Right click "config.ini" file and select "open with"
              7)Find and select Notepad++
              8)Find the option you are looking for and make it so it says 'true' if you want that option on, or make it so it says 'false' if you want it off.
              9)Save file.
              10)Boot game. Config file should correctly modify game play now.

Obviously I left out the steps about backing up things periodically through the process, because that should be common enough knowledge since almost every other post seems to say something about it.

• Ryhlac

Ryhlac Master Chief

Sorry if this is rude, but could you make the number of days configurable? For example, allow fruit trees to grow in a week instead, and regular trees in several days. (rather than instantly).

I don't really like the idea of instant growth, but I do want my trees to grow a wee bit faster.

• Jammee

Jammee Poptop Tamer

Is anyone keeping this mod up to date?
                  I really would like to be able to use it but it doesn't work for me even though I've followed the instructions exactly. Only the Pine, Maple and Oak Trees grew overnight but non of my Fruit Trees. They're still growing slow as usual.
                  There might be a conflict with the latest StardewModdingAPI, or possibly the latest CJB Cheat Menu. I don't have any other mods that have to do with trees. Hope someone is still following this thread, sure would appreciate any help or someone make a mod like this that will work for me.

Thanks.

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

It says right on the OP that you have to go into the config file and change fruit trees from "false" to "true".

• Jammee

Jammee Poptop Tamer

I know that, I said that I followed the instructions exactly. I have no problems with installing and following other mod instructions I've installed. I'm not the only one that has had this problem, just don't know why or what is causing it not to work for some of us, but something isn't making it work.

Here's a pic of my config. file... https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjq69y4bzb0kcp6/Config For Instant Grow Trees .jpg?dl=0

This shows just what I said. Only the non fruiting trees grow instantly for me every time. but not the fruiting trees. They are still very small... 5 days now since I installed this mod.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
                      • Jammee

Jammee Poptop Tamer

Not sure if this will be of any help, but I wanted to let anyone who may be (or one day will be) viewing this situation that I was having with my fruit trees not growing might help others too.

This is what I did:
                        I made a TEST farm and tried something I read about on growing fruit trees. It seems that they need to have a 3x3 space all around each individual fruit tree from other trees. I did have them planted that way... but... I also had ALL my fruiting and non-fruiting trees surrounded by stone pavement to keep unwanted rocks, weeds, wood and saplings from spawning around them. It works great for the other trees, keeps them neat and maintenance free, but the fruit trees don't want ANY objects near them; not another tree, rock, wood, weeds, or even pavements, fences, walls, buildings or cliffs.

As soon as I cleared all the stone pavement away from them I was pleasantly surprised the next morning when I walked out my house and saw full grown and beautiful orchards of all my fruit trees! Now I can go back and give a 5 star rating for this great mod :)

P.S.( I think making a TEST farm is a good idea and will use it from now on to try out future mods before adding and saving to my regular game.)

• scaledwolf

scaledwolf Master Chief

Is this going to be updated for 1.1? ive been waiting since it was released to see if it was without any luck.

• NeonMouko

NeonMouko Void-Bound Voyager

What makes you think it doesn't work? I just tried it and my fruit trees appear to have grown up.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Instant Grow Trees 1.2-beta is now available!

This mod is now maintained by the community, and this is the first official community update. Changes in this release:
                              • Updated for SMAPI 1.9 and Stardew Valley 1.2.
                              • Fixed fruit tree quality not progressing after growth.
                              • Internal refactoring.
                              Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. The non-beta version will be released once Stardew Valley 1.2 is out of beta. :)

[Edit 2018-01-25: community mods discontinued.]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
                                Elrohir_of_Rivendell likes this.
                              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Instant Grow Trees 1.4 beta is now available! (For the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.3 beta only.)

Release notes:
                                • Updated to Stardew Valley 1.3 (including multiplayer).
                                • Enabled instant fruit tree growth by default.
                                • Added option to instantly age fruit trees to iridium quality (disabled by default).

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Instant Grow Trees 1.4 is now available!

Release notes:
                                  • Updated to Stardew Valley 1.3 (including multiplayer).
                                  • Enabled instant fruit tree growth by default.
                                  • Added option to instantly age fruit trees to iridium quality (disabled by default).

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Instant Grow Trees 1.5 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3.29 beta only.)

Release notes:
                                    • Updated for Stardew Valley 1.3.29.
                                    • Added support for custom locations.
                                    • Added support for configuring fruit and non-fruit trees separately.
                                    • Added option to grow trees even if they'd normally be stunted (e.g. too close to another tree).
                                    • Trees now grow in winter by default.
                                    • Fixed 'instantly age fruit trees' option not applied to already-grown trees.
                                    • Fixed greenhouse non-fruit trees not growing in winter.

• plasticpalfun

plasticpalfun Poptop Tamer

Would you consider making this mod compatible with "Better Fruit Trees"? Alternately, would you consider backporting "Added option to grow trees even if they'd normally be stunted (e.g. too close to another tree)." for 1.4 or another release that doesn't require the SDV beta?

Thanks in advance.