RELEASED Bus Stop Storage (SMAPI and Map Replacement Versions)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BoffoBoy, Apr 11, 2016.

1. BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Bus Stop Storage (Map and SMAPI 0.4.0+)

This Mod aims to provide for all your mass storage needs off the farm proper (for minimal mod interference) yet whose entrance remains close to home. Though the scale of this storage is vast, everything is designed to speed your way around and minimize downtime.

The default entrance to the storage is this cleverly camouflaged signpost placed right as you enter the Bus Stop:
    Bus Stop Storage Hidden Entrance.png

With a click of the signpost you end up at the Storage Lobby
    Bus Stop Storage Lobby.png

All ladder, hatches and arcade room distractions are click to activate, while the red room contains a walk over warp where you'd expect one.

The top four theme rooms lead to their respective storage, each of which could contain ... over 700 workstations arrayed in a sane manner.
    Bus Stop Storage Overview.png

Important: The Map Replacement Version and the SMAPI version are not compatible!

Make sure WizardHouseBasement.xbn and BusStop.xbn are returned to their vanilla state if Installing the SMAPI version over the Map Replacement Version. If going from SMAPI to the Map Replacement Version, remove the Bus Stop Storage folder from the Mods directory. Ensure that you remove all items and whatnot from the area if swapping or removing the mod.

I've included the original BusStop.xbn and WizardHouseBasement.xbn files (in case you wish to remove the mod or migrate to a SMAPI version from a map replacement version) here:
    Download:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q8yf4w5349ttc0n/AACtwtMRql-ey-UgQcsDMvcNa?dl=0

By downloading my mod you agree to the following:-
    - Do not distribute or re-upload this content to any site without my strict permission.
    - Custom content may not be redistributed or shared without my strict permission, doing so will have me request your mod is taken down. Due to me being the original creator of the content

Standard Map Replacement Version

The main storage resides on the JoshHouse map (George's, Eveline's and Sam's Residence) Wizard's Basement map, the room where you can change appearance after gaining 4 hearts with Rasmodius.

I had to level out the ambientlight from hard blue that never shows up because the basement has its own paths lighting. The Ambient Light is now a muted white light that seemingly loses its effects once you take a warp within the map.
    this last effect is a bug with the game and nothing to do with map property conflicts.

The explicit host maps for this Mod are:
    BusStop.xbn
    WizardHouseBasement.xbn
    JoshHouse.xbn
    with an additional file that replaces nothing
    MaruBasement_Custom.xbn
    joshhouse_custom.xbn

Instructions
    1. Backup Everything!
    2. Download the zip file and decompress the contents into a convenient place.
    3. In your game folder, under Contents, place the file MaruBasement_Custom.xbn
    4. In Content -> Maps replace BusStop.xbn and WizardHouseBasement.xbn only after making sure you have safely backed both files up!

Download for the Standard Version (44x27 floor tiles):https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymjidyzfni4n04s/Bus Stop Storage v4 Big.zip?dl=0

Download for the Small Version (30x15 floor tiles):https://www.dropbox.com/s/yus9ynvwgy5eemj/Bus Stop Storage v4 Small.zip?dl=0
    busstop small.png
    I will see about getting the SMAPI version updated but cake guy has tons on his plate and maybe he will release a mod that will allow me to SMAPIfi it myself!

SMAPI 0.40.0+ Version

Wholly under the domain of the kind contribution from Entoarox comes a SMAPI 0.40.0 version of this mod. I assume it works, as playtesting it is really not practical since my branch is the map mod version, but this removes the mod from the WizardHouseBasement.xbn and BusStop.xbn maps and should work despite game update.

Note: The map this version operates on is a new creation named BusStopStorage.xbn and will not overwrite any existing map, just tie up the busStop map (as it needs to place the entrance there). Other Mods that want zone names to operate in will needed to be alerted to this new map.

Instructions

1.Back up character save just in case - a precaution universal to all mods.
    2. Download the Zip file below and decompress it to a convenient place

3. Place the the folder into Stardew Valley/Mods Directory.
    4. Start the game

All feedback needs to go to Entoarox as I could not code my way out of a wet paper bag.

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkwx1x1td9jg5vl/BusStopStorage_SMAPI-0.40.0_1.0.0.zip?dl=0

Creative Direction by taintedwheat, who's assistance is invaluable. =)

Other than the WizardHouseBasement map for the Map Based Version proper, the entrance to the storage can be anywhere, not just the bus stop map. If there's need to move the location to further avoid other mods, let me know. Just a warning though, there is no way I'm touching the farm house interior =)

I managed to run into many oddities and flat out mysteries pushing the boundaries on this mod.

Having to redo the tiles every time my host map turned out to not work, because you cannot import one map's data to another outside of renaming the original map. A secondary effect of this is that I now understand the evolution of Ape's building methods and can chronologize a map's creation date by its construction alone - a dubious skill indeed. Oddly, each iteration of map also improved upon the overall look and operation of the mod and damn, I can now form interior walls fast!
    1. Community Center (Refurbished, Ruins and Joja) and its super transitory natures all under a single teleport location was first taste of this never ending mod
    2. Joshhouse featuring its wayward Citizens getting trapped in the Lobby instead of using their normal effing door - this only caught after release.
    3. Marubasement where only upon testing the build for the first time, I finally realized 'that's not a valid map to warp to....'
    4. WizardHousebasement where I finally figured out to just remake the freaking basement, not the entire mod. This is why you get a MaruBasement_Custom.xbn file and not a WizardHouseBasment flavored one. If you unpack the Wiz map, you can easily find the aborted MaruBasement room nearby.
    There is a limit to map size and this mod seriously stresses them. Yes, you can see the other storage rooms if zoomed out enough in the standard version; I had to conserve the X coordinate something bad.

Dealing with adding a custom tilesheet that kept growing in size and scope. -
    yeah you have no idea how many colors of walls I could have chosen from, taintedwheat made a ton - and general photoshop abuse making/recoloring/transforming wallpapers, plants, a pentagram, and a ton of floor tiles, forcing a bull skull to play nice with symmetry and tables, even one with a freaking ship on it because you cannot have a layer lower than Back or higher than Above indoors

And making the game accept the new tilesheets alone required outside help.

Bizarre graphical
    bugs I spent half a day on playing with. Like Moving the Entire Lobby (one layer at a time) and - well this picture tells you a lot.
    https://gyazo.com/7b44a4c5316cac2169e538ecd2b72db7
    That sort of hints as to why the plants by the ladder are where they are in the silver walled version.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
      MayaMayhem, Gyumaou, Radhra and 5 others like this.
    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

weehoooweeeooohweeeooo

Vixxi likes this.
      • QuantumConcious

QuantumConcious Phantasmal Quasar

Nice job man now people have even more room then i provided for those who think Industrial sized production and storage you now have your solution.

BoffoBoy and taintedwheat like this.
        • taintedwheat

I helped make some stuff and the color choices! :D

BoffoBoy likes this.
          • QuantumConcious

QuantumConcious Phantasmal Quasar

Oh Boffoboy i recommended your mod at the bottom of my OP for my mod man

BoffoBoy likes this.
            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Any chance you might consider turning this into a SMAPI mod? From what I can tell, if you move the storage hub & rooms into its own map, you could get away with only using Advize's tile replacement at the bus stop
              (Or if you really want to be fancy, there is that single non-walkable tile on the farmhouse porch where a trapdoor wouldnt look out of place ;)

• BoffoBoy

Quantum, if you want to offer in house teleports to the lobby go on ahead, I'm not touching that den of evil with a ten foot pole ^^
                JoshHouse (44,59) is a good location

Makes sense Entoarox but I am merely a map editor who thrives in the timeless regions where a game update does not break the mod.

That said, I'm more than willing to learn about SMAPI if someone is willing to explain things enough to me so I can maintain it myself.

And oh yes, it's amazing where you can plop a little hatch, they just seem to blend in.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is advize's source for his SMAPI mod that adds a path to a whole new farm area:
                  http://pastebin.com/uqk74i0Q

You could easily use it as the basis for your own mod that adds a new location to the game and modifies a existing location's tiles :)

Edit: I would be more then happy to cooperate with you on this? :)

• BoffoBoy

Yeah I have no idea about c# been a long time since I tried any flavor of that.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ok, if you could make the xnb map with the hub & storage rooms, then tell me its map name and where you want the warp into it to end up (the x,y tile) and I'll get working on the SMAPI code for it :)

• BoffoBoy

The Map would be named BusStopStorage and like I told Quantum of the house pit, (44,59) is a good location to warp into.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I would also like it if you could tell me roughly where & what tile you want me to replace, I am completely in the dark with tIDE, so its quite a bit of trouble for me to find it... *glares at tIDE for being so dang user unfriendly*

• BoffoBoy

[QUOTE="Entoarox, post: 2868737, member: 624175"... *glares at tIDE for being so dang user unfriendly*[/QUOTE]

You do not need to tell me that twice!

3,21 on BusStop for now it's really as close as the back of the house.

Keep in mind that the farm map proper is a hot bed of quality modding activity that avoiding it altogether is the sane option.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You do not need to tell me that twice!

3,21 on BusStop for now it's really as close as the back of the house.[/QUOTE]
                              I also need to know what layer to modify the tile for, and what tile index to use for the texture?

Edit: Btw, do you want a walk-over or click-on type warp?

• BoffoBoy

building layer if click, back if walk over. I need to know this first before texture because what I put there depends if it's a click to active or walk over.

If click the sign post is outdoors 435

• BoffoBoy

the edit madness not updating properly,

click please

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Got the code for that in place, just need to wait for VS2015 to finish downloading & installing before I can even try compiling the thing :rofl:

BoffoBoy likes this.
                                    • BoffoBoy

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

taintedwheat likes this.
                                    • taintedwheat

Aw dude! Thanks for helping with this! n.n