RELEASED [SMAPI] InstantGrowTrees--Grow trees overnight!

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by cantorsdust, Mar 23, 2016.

1. cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Current Version: 1.1.0.0.SMAPI for SMAPI 0.39.

Allows any tree that can grow to be instantly grown overnight. Configurable for regular trees and/or fruit trees.

By cantorsdust.

INSTALLATION

The zip contains one folder, InstantGrowTrees, with three files InstantGrowTrees.dll, config.json, and manifest.json. The folder must be placed in %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods.

Thus, the total path for all 3 of the files required for this mod to function are:
    %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\InstantGrowTrees\InstantGrowTrees.dll

AND

%appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\InstantGrowTrees\manifest.json

AND

%appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\InstantGrowTrees\config.json

REQUIRES SMAPI 0.39+ to be installed!
    https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases

USAGE

Run StardewModdingAPI.exe in your main Stardew Valley folder. This will load the mods and then start the game.
    Any saplings or tree seeds planted that meet the base game requirements to grow (space around them) will grow instantly overnight.

Please note that this game comes with a config.json file with three options:

"FruitTreesInstantGrow": false,
    "RegularTreesInstantGrow": true,
    "RegularTreesGrowInWinter": false
    FruitTreesInstantGrow, which defaults to false. Setting to true will have fruit trees grow overnight. Setting to false disables this.
    RegularTreesInstantGrow, which defaults to true. Setting to true will have regular trees (oak, maple, and pine) grow overnight. Setting to false disables this.
    RegularTreesGrowInWinter, which defaults to false. Setting to true will have regular trees continue to grow in winter. The base game does not allow regular trees to do so. Setting to false disables this.

LICENSE

InstantGrowTrees is licensed under GPL v3. You will find a copy of its source at the same place you downloaded it, https://github.com/cantorsdust/InstantGrowTrees

Copyright 2016 cantorsdust

InstantGrowTrees is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
    (at your option) any later version.

InstantGrowTrees is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    along with InstantGrowTrees. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

CHANGELOG

v1.1.0.0.SMAPI
    Updated to SMAPI 0.39, initial public release.

Download from releases.

Source code at github.

WARBANDIT, Neferatem, Jammee and 6 others like this.
    • TerraXanthis

TerraXanthis Void-Bound Voyager

Really useful stuff, especially since the recent addition of tree resin/syrup/etc. as a requirement for artisan goods crafting. Thanks!

• fdg21

fdg21 Subatomic Cosmonaut

the trees for apples and ect dont grow fast but the others do thanks ^^

• cantorsdust

Change FruitTreesInstantGrow to true in the config. I've tested it myself, I know it works.

• RPGAngel

RPGAngel Phantasmal Quasar

I would love to use this but I only have smapi 37 and don't know how to update it(a friend helped me get the smapi). Do you still have the older version?

• fdg21

i tried that but it still wont work, seems im having issues installing this...^^"

• cantorsdust

The earliest version I made this for was 0.38, so it wouldn't help you. To update to 0.39, go to https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases download 0.39.2 zip, and unzip that into your main Stardew Valley folder.

So the path for the files should be
                %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\InstantGrowTrees\InstantGrowTrees.dll

AND

%appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\InstantGrowTrees\manifest.json

AND

%appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\InstantGrowTrees\config.json

You can always post a picture of where you have it installed if you are unsure.

Edit: You can confirm in the SMAPI console window that the mod has loaded correctly, as well.

• Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

To me, trees grow really slow, but I love to decorate with them. This allows me to decorate without waiting too long, so you have my full thanks and appreciation. :)

• fdg21

yeah i noticed this too the ones that i plant on the third space never grow but if i plant them in fourth space they grow instantly

• Dilwoah

Dilwoah Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way to get a version of this with configurable times? Say I want them in 14 days rather than 28? Rather than just instant.

• Goldenrevolver

Goldenrevolver Astral Cartographer

you mean for fruit trees? normal trees growth rates are totally random in the vanilla game. this mod simply sets all trees to the last growth stage every new day. if u want to make fruit trees to grow twice as fast u could simply make a mod that copies the vanilla fruit tree "script" that happens every day so it now happens twice every new day. if u want that i could simply do that for you in a couple of minutes

edit: i added it as an optional for my mod "a tappers dream" http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/260/? . hope u dont mind cantorsdust

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
                          curi0 likes this.
                        • Levaslater

Levaslater Big Damn Hero

Does it work with trees from other mods too? or just the vanilla ones.

• Goldenrevolver

it checks for all terrainfeatures and filters the ones that are from the class tree or fruittree. so if other mods add them that way they should grow instantly aswell. whats the mod in question?

• Levaslater

Levaslater Big Damn Hero

• Dilwoah

Dilwoah Void-Bound Voyager

Wow this is awesome. Thanks for adding my feature! Definitely will be using it.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Any chance for a mod that makes the tree growth speed less random without making it instant?
                                I would like it if the tree has a random chance of growing each day, but is guaranteed to grow if it hasnt in the last three.
                                Idk if that is possible though, so I'd be more then happy to have a fixed growth time instead.

Right now I feel like RNGsus is not favoring my trees, cause the ones I need it to grow never did :(

PS: If this could include a version of `trees grow in winter` that only allows for the evergreen's to grow, that'd be awesome! :D

• Goldenrevolver

i could look into that. basically i would need to disable the vanilla tree growth completely and make them grow with a similar method than fruit trees. but i dont want to discuss all this on cantorsdust' mod page. i think its already disrespectful enough that i linked my own mod here.

• Oboromusha

Oboromusha Pangalactic Porcupine

• Levaslater

Levaslater Big Damn Hero

Thanks, gonna try it out now!

• Oboromusha

Oboromusha Pangalactic Porcupine

But open the config.json and edit the value for fruit trees to "true", this way all trees will grow instantly on the next morning.