[Character] Ladies, let your hair down! (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AngryCat, Apr 8, 2016.

?

Who would you like to see with loose (!) / long (?) hair next?

1. Penny!

43.0%
  2. Caroline!

8.0%
  3. Emily?

15.0%
  4. Evelyn?

4.5%
  5. Jas?

14.5%
  6. Jodi!

6.5%
  7. Linus !?!

15.5%
  8. Pam?

5.5%
  9. Robin!

14.5%
  10. Other (post comment)

4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love Leah, but I am not a fan of her hairstyle.
    So I decided to fix her hair myself.
    And I'm so pleased with the result, that I thought I should share!

To install the portrait:
    Go to: ...\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits
    Change Leah.xnb to Leah(original).xnb, or back up the file some other way
    Download Long Haired Leah.xnb to Portraits and change the name to Leah.xnb
    Profit!

upload_2016-4-9_22-48-43.png

-UPDATE!-

Now with sprite!

To install the sprite:
    Go to: ...\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters
    Change Leah.xnb to Leah(original).xnb, or back up the file some other way
    Download LH Leah Sprite.xnb to Characters and change the name to Leah.xnb
    Profit!

upload_2016-4-9_1-55-49.png

Note: I did not change her hair in the last ones - it was my thought that she would still pull it up for formal events and the like.

A big shoutout and apology to
    Lechet

Prior to trying my hand at portrait editing, I was using his brilliant mod, It was my inspiration for trying to make my own edit, and partially used within mine (the brilliant fringe and the cleaned up right shoulder).

This was supposed to be credited in my original post, but was lost in posting while trying to get everything to behave the way I wanted to. You should check out his mods - the digging spot one is great. It is still one of my favourites!

But wait, there's more!
    In response to the comment(s) about it being nice to see more of the ladies with long hair, I decided to start going through the others of the town.

So expect to see more here in the future, both portraits and [eventually] sprites.
    Just bear with me, I'm a college student with some mental health issues, so progress might be slow.

WIP!

Coming soon...

In consideration

Coming soon...

Coming soon...

In consideration

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    • zappaslave

zappaslave Void-Bound Voyager

What about her sprite? Upcoming perhaps? Seeing the other girls with long(er) hair would be nice too but... that's just my opinion.

• Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

Yes!!! Awesome job!!!

But if you saw it on her sprite it would be like to her knees! A braid cuts your hair length by about a third or more depending in the style.

Anyway more free!hair Leah!!

• zappaslave

It actually depends heavily on the braid itself. Most braids do no more than an eighth of the length. Thicker hair maybe 3/16th. The more elaborate the braid though, that's where you can loose up TO a third... speaking as someone who has hair past their butt.

But I digest, Leah with hair to her knees is wholly approved. I always thought it was a bit of a shame none of the girls had long hair to their sprite's butts.

• Lechet

Lechet Big Damn Hero

I'm kind of miffed you used my hair edit as a base and just went from there without even linking to my mod or mentioning it by name.

• AngryCat

Sorry about that, Lechet! I fixed the main post now to give you due credit, and an apology/explanation. Oh, plus a little shameless advertising ;P

• AngryCat

Started playing with her sprite, here's the first two to have an idea:

upload_2016-4-8_23-2-21.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
                  EvilPoptart81 likes this.
                • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

is that hair available for download somewhere (adding it on, and not replacing anything)?

• AngryCat

I....have no idea how to do that, though I could look into it next.

taintedwheat likes this.
                    • taintedwheat

Please try if you can, it's the closest to my hair and I've looked around at other hair mods, and I like this hair the best (as it matches how I wear my hair in meat space besides anibuns).

• AngryCat

Okay, it'll probably take a little time and might not work out exactly like the Leah sprite, but I got ahold of the modder for the Hair mod I use;

She gave her blessing on me making an altered version of it for you with the hair, along with a warning that over the shoulder hair might not work right and an offer for help. (She's awesome!)
                        This is the only mod I know offhand that adds additional hair successfully instead of replacing those from the base game. So if it works out right, you'll have a few additional hairs beyond the recreated Long-Leah one.

I still need to get through all of Leah's sprites first, then I'll see what I can do with making it a player hairstyle.

• taintedwheat

Aw forsure! well i'll definitely help you guys out and test it! it's super cuuuute.
                          Could you make the hair over the shoulder a few pixels shorter? o:

• AngryCat

I can try! I was using the placement of the original braid for where the hair sat, which is how the length came to rest where it is

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
                              EvilPoptart81 and taintedwheat like this.
                            • taintedwheat

Thanks! n__n; i love the community, I am also working on a bunch of other stuff so I like the trade off. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

• AngryCat

Not sure I'm 100% happy with the sprites...but then, I'm a perfectionist, so I don't think I'm ever 100% happy with anything...

• taintedwheat

I feel it, it's the never-ending struggle to out best yourself. :3

Maybe for the profile view, the hair at the end could have a more sharp circular curve? It might give the illusion of more volume

• AngryCat

Updated the main post and added a poll, to reflect my current idea musings for this project (how did that happen?)

• zappaslave

I think the rest of the bachelorettes could use just longer hair in general, not necessarily just 'hair down', but eh, that's me.

AngryCat likes this.
                                      • AngryCat

Abigail and Haley inherently have medium-long hair - would you advocate for theirs to be longer?

• taintedwheat

Forever a fan! n___n