RELEASED Ride-able Chocobo (FF14 style!) Lavender, coral pink, ect. added!

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by Kitsutsune, Mar 31, 2016.

1. RoastedCoconutz

RoastedCoconutz Pangalactic Porcupine

Awesome. I'm only just getting into the whole SDV modding scene and this will be my starting point. I'd like to slightly alter your lavender/brown chocobo to be lavender/charcoal. However, I have no idea how to open the .xnb file and extract the .png image to start recoloring it. Can you help me please? I'm excited to try these out.

• Kitsutsune

Kitsutsune Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't mind helping ya!
      You'll want to download and follow the instructions here!

• RoastedCoconutz

Excellent, and thanks for the reply. I was stumbling my way through using XNB Node and Command Prompt with the help of a Youtube tutorial but I'll give this toolkit a go. It seems much simpler and more noob-friendly.

Now I don't know what program to use that will preserve image transparency; my usual go-to, MS Paint, is woefully inadequate. I'm considering Pixlr. Do you have any experience with it or better recommendations?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
        • Kitsutsune

Kitsutsune Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I honestly only ever work on Paint tool SAI, which is a great program! I hear that GIMP is a pretty good program to use and is free, and should preserve transparency!

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

I would recommend a free tool called GIMP. My boyfriend uses it all the time instead of MSPaint. Has a lot of features to it. https://www.gimp.org/ is the site for it if you want to look.

• RoastedCoconutz

Thanks for the link. I keep hearing good things about it so I'll give it a go today.

• Levy

Levy Phantasmal Quasar

Any future plans on changing the game sounds to sound more chocobo-like instead of horsey?

• chompraccoon

chompraccoon Void-Bound Voyager

these look so gorgeous!

• HugooMagnaa

HugooMagnaa Void-Bound Voyager

would it be usual to use this as a replacer for the dino farm animal? I totally dislike to have a lizard walking around my farm, but this chocobo is AMAZING