WIP [SMAPI 0.40+] Gift & Talked To Reminder / Dynamic Weather / Quick Travel + More

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Awesome_Chicken, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Awesome_Chicken

Awesome_Chicken Poptop Tamer

Last Updated: 18th April 2016

WIP Download All Enabled
    - HERE 0.10.0 (Can disable others by changing config)
    Social Mod Enabled Only - HERE (Can enable others by changing config)

May contain some bugs, if you find any please report them here.

These mods are also work in progress, And updated frequently, So check back once in a while.

Disable mods by configuring the Configuration.json and setting the value to false will disable the undesired mod.

Read Mod Descriptions for more information.

Too unbalanced? feel free express your opinion. These mods are meant to change some game play mechanics and features of the game without breaking the original game play.

You must change the config.json to keep options set. Else they will revert to the default all true.

Currently Included
    Sprint - Completed - May need to rewrite my code, otherwise it works.
    Animal Emotions - Completed
    Location Indicators - Completed
    Stamina Replenish - Completed - May add other locations
    Quick Travel - Completed - May add other locations
    Dynamic Weather - WIP - Contains a bug that I'm working to fix. Otherwise it works.
    Gift Reminders / Talked to Reminders - Completed.

Coming Later
    All projects on hiatus until Farmhand is released.

Preamble

(SMAPI 0.40.0) or LATER
    https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases

(Stardew Valley 1.07)
    http://stardewvalley.net/

How To Install SMAPI

Visit https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases
    Download the required SMAPI release
    Unzip The SMAPI Contents.
    Copy StardewModdingAPI.exe & "Mods" folder
    Paste To your "StardewValley" Folder​

Installation

Unzip MasterMods.zip

Create Folder "ACMods" in your StardewValley/Mods Directory OR Roaming/StardewValley/Mods Directory

Place "MasterMod.dll & Manifest.json" folder into "ACMods" in your StardewValley/Mods Directory OR Roaming/StardewValley/Mods Directory

When updating to a newer version, Please delete your Configuration.json file.​

Running Stardew Valley with Mods

Run "StardewModdingAPI.exe"​

Mods Descriptions

NOTE: BRING THE MOD MENU UP BY PRESSING "H"

[​IMG]

From there you will be able to toggle off any mods.

--------------------------------------

Sprint Mod

Double Tap any WASD in quick succession to start sprinting faster, Stamina is drained slightly.

Animal Emotions Indicator

Displays animals that have not been petted, If petted displays emotions or hearts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Location Indicator

Travelling to new location will show where on the map you are.

Stamina Replenish

Stamina replenish locations scattered over the map, Standing on the spot will replenish stamina over time.

Can only replenish if Stamina is < 60% of max Stamina
    Will stop replenishing if Stamina is > 60 % of max Stamina

Stamina Replenish rate is slow for benches

Limited to 2 if you're really lucky, 1 if you're lucky when resting at the pond.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

South of Hospital
    [​IMG]

East Community Centre
    [​IMG]

South of Park, West of Community Center
    [​IMG]

South of Saloon
    [​IMG]

Quick Travel

Disabled on festivals.

Travel to and from Forest, Mountain, Town and Farm.

You're limited to 2 quick travels in a day if you're really lucky!, or just 1 if you're lucky. 0 if the spirits are not in your favor!

Quick travelling drains 5% of max stamina for travelling to close locations from the current quick travel location or 10% of max stamina for travelling to further locations from the current quick travel location.

To Quick Travel Press Right Shift + Q

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dynamic Weather

Chance to change weather during the day.

Chance to change weather to

> Rain or Wind

Gift Talked To Reminder

Update History

v0.1.0
    Sprint Released

v0.1.0
    Added Animal LoveMe WIP

v0.1.1
    Updated Animal LoveMe [Displays Emotions]

V0.2.0
    Added WhereAMi WIP

v0.2.1
    Added Toggle Keys
    [Updated WhereAMi]

Added Location Green House
    Added Locations Womens Locker Room

v0.3.0
    Added NPC Birthday Reminders WIP

v0.4.0
    Added Stamina Resting Location

v.0.4.1
    Fixes
    - Emotions now work indoors. Will be implemented next update.
    - Removed Stamina Change for Sprint Toggle (Was accidentally left in for testing purposes)

Changes
    - Tap threshold configuration removed. Set to 250.
    - UseStamina configuration removed. Now set to 0.005f.
    - Run Speed configuration removed. Now set to 2.
    - Movement keys configuration removed. Set to WASD
    - Emotion configurations removed. Set to default Happy / Fine / Sad

Added
    - Town Bench Stamina Replenish Locations

Disabled
    - NPC Birthday Reminders WIP

v0.5.0
    - Complete Code Rewrite.
    - Minor changes to HUD Messages
    - Run Speed Changed back to 3f
    - Added Toggle for Animals Emotions, Switch between Hearts / Emotions with Right Shift + Semi Colon

- Quick Travel Enabled
    - Fixed some HUD Messages

- Dynamic Weather Added

- Stamina Replenish at pond is now dependent on daily luck. If you're really lucky you get to use it twice in a day or else if you're just lucky once. Any other will grant 0. [Changed from unlimited uses]

- You need to be least than 60% of your maximum stamina to use it. And will only refill 60% of max stamina. [Changed from 75%]
    Benches will remain the same, but Stamina replenish is slow enough.

- The same mechanic will apply to Quick Travel. You're limited to 2 - 1 respectively. (Dependent on daily luck). Any other will grant 0.
    [ Changed from 4 - 2 ]

- Added more dynamic weather
    Windy Weather for Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
    Display leaves for all except Winter (Display Snow)
    Chance for a heavy gust of wind.

Rain Weather for Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter
    Chance for lightning

Toggle Keys Removed, Option Menu Added.
    Further decreased chances of weather changing.

Fixed Options Menu.
    Added Gift / Talked To Reminders

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    • Awesome_Chicken

Updated: Added Player Location Indicators

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Is there a Hotkey to turn the Animal LoveMe on/off?

• Awesome_Chicken

Not at the moment, But I can implement it into the next update. I'm currently working on Quick Travel.

Yunix likes this.
          • krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

i really like the idea of the animal love indicator. just testetd your mod and noticed some things.
            1. if i walk and.. lets say click left, then up, it takes as a double tab command and my character starts to speed run although i just changed to direction quickly. is it possible to make a hotkey for turning speed run on/off?
            2. animal love indicator doesnt work inside barn/coop. only outside. and the displayed mood appears, then disappears, and after some time it appears again (i think thats on purpose). is it possible to make the indicator work inside coop/barn, too? and maybe adding a key to turn off/on the indicator? if a key is possible, could you make the displayed mood stay and never disappear when its turned on?

• midorimay

midorimay Orbital Explorer

this mod is great but Sprint Mod is annoying me :'(

• Awesome_Chicken

Hi there, Thanks for the feedback.

1. Are you able to show me some sort of video? I'm unable to replicate that problem on my side.

Did you Press WASD, Let Go > Left Clicking > Press WASD rapidly?

If you hold down WASD > Left Click > Change Direction, it shouldn't sprint.

But yes, I will add toggle keys.

2. Thanks for that, I should have tested it more thoroughly. I'll get onto fixing it as soon as I can. And yes I can add toggle keys.

What problems are you having with it? I can get onto adding some toggle keys. However, You are able to disable it by setting the configuration of "SprintModEnabled" to false.

midorimay likes this.
                • krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

no i mean... you said "double tab" to activate. like.. double click W to activate sprint to direction W. but it activates springt even if i click A then W. it counts that as a double click ( doesnt need to be A and W.. any other combination like.. D and S works the same. it thinks clicking 2 different move keys quickly in a row is the double tab for activating sprint )
                  EDIT: ya, i pressed WASD - let go - press WASD rapidly (of course 2 different movement keys, not all WASD at once. but i think you didnt mean that)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
                  • midorimay

midorimay Orbital Explorer

i see. thank you :)

• Awesome_Chicken

Hi there, my 'Double Tap' works by rapidly pressing any of the WASD in quick succession. ie. Double Tap W within 250ms with make you sprint. However pressing W then A rapidly will not make you sprint. If you area already sprinting in one direction then change direction you will continue to sprint.

At the moment, Sprinting Up/Down across maps looks a bit glitchy, May need to fix if it's due to my code. Unless this is something that happens when the movement speed is too fast(?)

Have now added a few more location indicators.

Toggles have been added.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
                      • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Code:
                        An exception occured in XNA Initialize: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C\...\Stardew Valley\Mods\ACMods\Configuration.json'.
                          at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
                          at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                          at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
                          at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes, Boolean checkHost)
                          at System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes)
                          at ACMods.AcMods.?????????????????????????????????????????(String , Byte[] )
                          at ACMods.AcMods.?????????????????????????????????????????(Object , EventArgs )
                          at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Events.GameEvents.InvokeInitialize()
                        I get this error. Seems it throws an error instead of creating Configuration.json when you start up the mod without it
                        It also seems to look for the file in the Mods folder in the game folder. I have my mods installed in the appdata folder

• Awesome_Chicken

You'll need to create a Mods/ACMods folder in your Stardew Valley directory.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

It's kinda odd that you require it in the Stardew Valley folder while any other mod I have is completely fine with it being in the Appdata folder

• Awesome_Chicken

It's because I've hard coded the directory in, It doesn't matter where you put the 'ACMod.dll' in StardewValley/Mods/ACMods/ or Roaming/StardewValley/Mods/ACMods/

As long as the Config is in StardewValley/Mods/ACMods, However I'll change the default so the config needs to be located in Roaming/StardewValley/Mods/ACMods

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Why not just make it load the config from wherever the .dll is, like all the other mods?
                                (And mostly for my own peace of mind, rename the config to config.json, like all the other mods; but that's more a personal selfish request from someone who likes such consistency)

• Awesome_Chicken

Heh, Now I remember why I hard coded the paths, I was having permission issues.

You should be able to place the Mod in either directory now.

WIP Resting Locations

v.0.4.1 [Check Update History]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
                                    Acerbicon and Nurio like this.
                                  • Awesome_Chicken

Updated Locations - Stamina Replenish - WIP

Pond
                                    Can only enter when Stamina < 75% of Max Stamina
                                    Can only enter in Spring, Autumn, Summer [Pond]
                                    Exit's when Stamina is > 75% of Max Stamina

Benches
                                    Standing along the benches will replenish stamina over time.
                                    Will only replenish if Stamina < 75% of Max Stamina.
                                    Will stop once Stamina = 75% of Max Stamina.
                                    Moving away from the benches will stop replenishing.

New Locations

South of Hospital
                                    [​IMG]

South of Saloon
                                    [​IMG]

South of Park
                                    [​IMG]

East of Community Center
                                    [​IMG]

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

nice, its working inside coop/barn, too now! is it possible to make the mood bubbles stay everytime without them disappearing some time? and maybe change the "smiley mood" into a red heart so its easier to if they all are happy atm?

edit: oh well i noticed why it wont work the enable mood bubles without disappearing: they wont refresh and show the updated mood if they dont disappear once. well but replacing the smiley with a heart would make it easier anyway :p

• davidhedrick413

davidhedrick413 Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to get just the Stamina Replenish mod instead of the whole bundle?

• Awesome_Chicken

Hi there David, You can turn off the other mods by configuring the configuration.json file with Notepad. Current inside it will look like

{"SprintEnabled":true,"AnimalsEmotionsEnabled":true,"LocationIndicatorEnabled":true,"StaminaReplenishEnabled":true}

just set true to false for the ones you do not want enabled.

davidhedrick413 likes this.