Other Single Members of Town after Marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DraxxTayuun, Apr 8, 2016.

1. DraxxTayuun

DraxxTayuun Seal Broken

Hi. A bit new here, but thought I would share a bit of an issue I am having that many of you might be able to relate to.

Currently been loving the game and enjoying the community a lot. My character in game got married to his husband, Sam, a while back and now have a kid and enjoying the farm. The issue is with patch 1.07. I saw the line about how 10 hearts don't decay in friendship any more. I was like "Yay! I have another goal to be everyone's friend! Let's get everyone maxed out in friendship"

The issue though is for those people who are Bachelors or Bachelorettes apparently my wedding doesn't mean anything when it comes to the level 10 heart scenes. Take for instance Penny. I have to literally tell her that I am not interested cruelly because she doesn't understand that the reason I am not interested isn't because I want to hurt her feeling it is because I want just a friendship with her because I am married and have a kid. There is no romantic interest there. I'm not someone who goes dating or kissing other people behind my husband. It doesn't work that way. But, the events are all programmed that way. You have to make them cry or get angry at you because they some how magically forgot that you are married.

On top of that, though you can get them to 10 hearts without giving them flowers, you don't get to see the full 10 hearts unless you do leading to them being girlfriend or boyfriend which in turns makes your significant other upset and questioning of you. Yeah not exactly what I have in mind here.

Not sure what everyone else has done in this situation, but thought I would at least share one issue I am having and see what everyone else has done or if they could share their thoughts on it. As it stands right now I feel like I should have waited till after I got everyone to ten hearts to get married.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

For me, since the bachelor/bachelorettes cap out at 8 hearts normally and its been recently implimented they don't relationship decay when they do...I took it to mean that 8 is the max of friendship and anything further is me taking it to the next level. So I just play with the mindset that not every cut-scene is meant to be unlocked by a single character and make a character with a specific bachelor/bachelorette in mind...thus stopping at 8 hearts for everyone else. For me it adds some extra incentive to actually play through again and have a different story for the farmer based on who they pursue. I know for some, there is a completionist drive to want to get everyone to 10 hearts which is fair, but I figure since there is no achievement for doing so and the game has been set up now that you need bouquets to get them past 8...that it isn't a necessity.

But in any event, I tend to not give a bouquet to my would be target until all the other singles are at 8 hearts so I don't feel as obligated to get them gifts to keep their friendship levels up.

• DraxxTayuun

DraxxTayuun Seal Broken

Do they cap at 8 for them? I thought it was 10 like everyone else as the notes just state that "Maxed-out friendship levels will no longer decay". If it is 8 for them then yeah I would stop at 8 and go no further. I also found it odd that I could go past 8 on Penny without giving her flowers. Which I actually did by giving her birthday gift.

• Ambaaargh

It appears they cap at 8 now. When the latest patch went live I pretty much spent 2 in-game weeks talking to no one and I've not seen anyone drop a heart level once they reached 8.(well, for the bachelor/bachelorettes. Everyone else stops degrading at 10)

A thing I have noticed is sometimes if you give someone a gift that really MEGA BOOSTS their heart score just before they cap out...it will apply all the points to them and end up actually putting them past the cap. (This happened once with Sebastian where he was at 6 hearts but then I gave him a frozen tear on his birthday and he locked into 9 hearts)

• DraxxTayuun

DraxxTayuun Seal Broken

That would be good to have had in the notes really, but still good news to hear. Though now I have Penny at 10 and wonder if I can edited some how so she is instead at 9. Not a fan of breaking someones heart. I'm not a meany after all.

• Ambaaargh

I imagine its possible. There's a guy who offers "divorces" which basically is him going in and tweaking some of the save file so I expect someone out there knows how to change a line in the game so that Penny's relationship number is set to a lower thing. But yeah, when I heard about how some of the 10 heart scenes can be really heartbreaking (I know with Alex, his also involves you either saying you feel the same way or breaking his heart) I knew I didn't have it in me to try to go for 10 hearts on everyone in a single char. I'm too much a powderpuff. :rofl:

• DraxxTayuun

DraxxTayuun Seal Broken

Well I fixed it I believe. Did a search for Penny in the save and adjusted her friendship level down and took care of what triggers the event as well. Now she is at a nice 8 hearts and I don't have to be mean.

• meatpardle

meatpardle Star Wrangler

I think what you're describing is an old bug the we thought was fixed with the last patch - are you saying that even though the social screen shows Penny's hearts capped at 8 (because you haven't given her a bouquet) you've still been able to get to Penny's 10 heart event?

• DraxxTayuun

DraxxTayuun Seal Broken

Yep. Well I would have if I didn't make some editing to the save, but yes. You can keep giving them gifts, especially ones on their birthday, and it can boost them well past the 8 hearts even though you didn't give them a bouquet. I gave Penny an Emerald on her birthday and the next thing I knew she was at 10 hearts. I then got the event and would have done it too if again I didn't go into my save, set her friend ship to around 8ish and removed the mail from the mailbox.