RELEASED NPC Map Locations Mod 2.2.2

Shows NPC locations on map. Uses a more accurate map page for more accurate tracking!

Tags:
  1. irrimn

irrimn Pangalactic Porcupine

All I have to say about this is I wish CA would add this to the base game.
    Awesome work.

RaulMarq likes this.
    • Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Hi, the mod should show the NPCs whether or not you've met them.

There was actually a bug before when you start a new game, in the morning before 6:30AM the mod would give a NullReference error because for some reason in the game the NPC's locations are all "null." But I've fixed it since then.

Just to make sure, are you using the latest version of the mod?

--

cat emote pls

• Anderson Yagami

Anderson Yagami Void-Bound Voyager

Sure , but i mean as default to looks more realistic, the mod should only shows who's you know ingame , understand ? Should be more cool :)

RaulMarq likes this.
        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I do agree that it would be could if there was a config option that prevents people from showing up on the map until you know about them, the same way they are hidden from your relations tab and from the calender.

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

I actually thought about that, to make NPCs only show up after the player has met them (when they're not ??? on the social tab). But I realized quite a few people were also using the mod to complete the greet all villagers quest in the beginning. I'll think I'll add an extra menu to handle configurations like this :D thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Yunix, RaulMarq and Anderson Yagami like this.
            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

We might want to suggest a in-game config system being part of SMAPI itself, cause more and more mods are implementing in-game config changes, and it'd be a lot easier if we had a single place to find them.

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Just think about CJB's cheat Menu, it has a huge ingame config... haha.

--

I love that you can see the Icon's if you dont have them meet already. It was a huge mess too find a few of them...
                Sadly the mod didnt exsisted when i started... xD

• RuiRui

RuiRui Void-Bound Voyager

How have I missed this mod!?!? Thank you for everything you have done! This will make my stalking so much easier :3

RaulMarq likes this.
                  • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ok, that just went on my "Quotes that sound completely hilarious while also being creepy as heck" list!

• jameelamir2005

jameelamir2005 Void-Bound Voyager

ops, the problem is that i was using 1.00, i switched to SV 1.6, thanks! very nice mod!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I would recommend using 1.07 then, since that has been released (SMAPI 0.40.0+ required to play minigames with SDV 1.07 though)

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Pretty big update, took awhile because I was trying to figure out creating all the menu stuff, and am busier in general.

The 'Tab' key is now used to access the new mod menu (while the map is open), instead of switching NPC name tooltip placements.
                          I tried to add a way to customize which key to use for opening the menu; however, in the current set up, you can only access the menu while the map is open. This is better for creating less conflicts with other keys used to open other menus. If you want to change the key, go to the Config.json file and change the string value of menuKey.

There are now 3 + 1 Immersion settings.
                          Always show villagers:

Basically how it was before; villagers are always shown on the map.

Reset map in the beginning:
                          When you first start the game, villagers are "???" until you meet them, for the intro quest. This is for that; villagers will not show on the map until you have met them. This won't do anything if you've already met them all.

Reset map each day
                          The villagers will only show on the map after you've talked to them in the current day, and will reset everyday.

Only show villagers in player's location (toggle)
                          This is toggle-able and is used in conjunction with the immersion settings above. Villagers will only show on the map if they are in the same location as the player (ex. Town, Mountain, Farm, Beach, Forest. Being inside buildings in one of these locations will count as being in the respective location)

Include/Exclude villagers
                          Self-explanatory, you can choose to not show certain villagers on the map, ever.

I hope you guys like the new changes! :)
                          As always, let me know if you have any suggestions and/or if you find bugs. For reporting bugs, please include your mod configuration and other mods you use.

1.png 2.png 3.png

Config: Always show villagers + Only show villagers in player's location (town)
                          4.png

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
                            syafiq, curi0, Gyumaou and 6 others like this.
                          • Edge!

Edge! Subatomic Cosmonaut

Damn, that's awesome.
                            I'm definitely using this "Only show villagers in player's location" option.
                            And you even created an interface, great job!

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Could you maybe fix the version numbers in your manifest.json? Right now the manifest.json says I have v0.0.0... I like to use the manifest.json to keep track if I have the most up-to-date version of mods

Vith likes this.
                              • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

As I said in the review Bouhm, the update is amazingly awesome. It was good before, but it is SO much better now. I really appreciate it!

• Anderson Yagami

Anderson Yagami Void-Bound Voyager

Much better , thanks for the update !!!! +1

• Rahlzel

Rahlzel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Some constructive criticism from a new player interested in modding, since this mod isn't working for me:

• The install instructions are incomplete, since it mentions "SMAPI v0.40.0+" but has no information on how to get it. I had to search the Mods section for "SMAPI" but apparently only found mods that require it with "[SMAPI] in the title, and then I had to Google it, and I finally think I found it by picking up SDVMM.
                                    • Unless they're in the TAB options window that I can't see, there's no description information on what each of the "immersionLevel" options do while editing the config.json, so I've also been setting "immersionLevel": 0, "immersionLevel": 1, "immersionLevel": 2, etc to see if the reason I can't see the NPCs is because of my config setting.
                                    Here's a screenshot of my setup: [​IMG]

But it's acting like there are no mods installed at all. Nothing happens when I hit TAB, in or out of the map, and no NPCs appear even after I meet them. As you can see, I'm using the GOG version if that has anything to do with it. I'm using both "Launch SMAPI" and "Launch Stardew Valley" - still not working.

Also:
                                    Windows 7 64bit
                                    i5 4690k
                                    GTX 970

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Hey, thanks for letting me know. I have this mod posted in like 3 different places (at first I thought stardewmods and the Mods page on this site were the same) and like 3 threads in different websites so sometimes I forget to update all of them :p Can you let me know which page you found the mod in? Every mod page should already have details on immersion, unless you found the mod through this thread. In which case then I'll add the details to the first post.

For the record, you shouldn't be touching either config.json or manifest.json, Whatever settings you choose in game, it automatically saves to the file.

The link to SMAPI is actually already on the first post of this thread, but I'll post it again here:
                                      https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases

Here's an image tutorial of how to install SMAPI and this mod:
                                      http://imgur.com/a/Eauqx
                                      This one was posted for a user on nexus mods so ignore that one step. The github release file is the same.

Most of the sites/pages that host mods include instructions on how to install SMAPI mods in general, but it can be confusing when there are like multiple mod hosting sites and pages and forums and such.

-----------------------------------------

Ohhh after seeing your picture I see that you downloaded the mod version for the korean patch.
                                      What you want is THIS file:
                                      https://github.com/Bouhm/StardewValleyMods/releases/tag/v1.10

I put a warning on that version that it's only for the Korean patch stardew valley and to use the latest release below. The reason was that I linked to the github releases page instead of the specific release on the mod page, so that people can just find the latest release easily. I don't know how the SV mod manager works, but I'm assuming the Korean version got downloaded because it assumed that it was the latest version. I'll have to fix that.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
                                      • Rahlzel

Rahlzel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This was the fix! The "Download Now" button showed me the Korean version at the top, so I thought that was the one I needed to use. I now have this mod working 100%. Thanks!

• mangosix0

mangosix0 Void-Bound Voyager

보음님 안녕하세요.

튕김현상이 발생해서 질문 드려요.

제가 http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/sivs-marriage-mods-6-characters-available.109678/ 이곳에서 Sandy와 결혼 가능한 모드를 사용중인데

Bachelorette_Sandy_1.2.zip 여기에 있는 Content\Characters\schedules\Sandy.xnb 파일만 집어넣으면 지도를 열때 게임이 튕기네요.

schedules폴더 안에 있는 파일들이 NPC Maplocations 모드와 상관이 있나요?