WIP Marriage Candidates Spruced Up

Discussion in 'Characters' started by BlazingPug, Apr 1, 2016.

1. BlazingPug

BlazingPug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

A sprite and portrait mod for people who want a different take on the default looks of the marriage candidates

This started out as a simple editing of Sam's hair because my friend really really disliked his Goku hair. But then I decided to adjust all the marriage candidates to my liking. Thought others might want to try it out too.

A couple of these were inspired by the various other portrait and sprite edits posted throughout the forum and other Stardew Valley mod sites.

Notable changes:
    - Alex's hair and his jacket's colors.
    - Alex's got jacked up a bit. Made his shirtless portrait be not so skinny as it is currently. TOO BAD WE DON'T GET TO HIM LIKE THAT ONCE WE MARRY HIM.
    - Harvey's mustache removed! :(
    - Sam's extreme hairstyle toned down.
    - Sebastian's long hair cut short.
    - Maru's hair got longer! She's so pretty.
    - Used Elliot's old portraits and fixed his hair.
    - Numerous sprite changes for most characters.
    - All characters' portrait eyes/eye colors, except Maru's and Elliot's, were tweaked.

Hopefully I can do the other remaining candidates! I already have something in mind for most of them.
    Leave a reply if you liked it! If there are problems don't hesitate to tell me. I'll do my best to fix 'em

Oh and if you have any suggestions on what to do with the other remaining candidates, maybe even the ones already finished, feel free to post them below.

Update 4/4
    - Finished and uploaded a spruced up Elliot. No sprite changes, only portrait changes.
    - Fixed Harvey's nose.
    [​IMG]

Update 4/2
    - Updated Maru's hospital portraits to match her sprites! Changed the nurse cap completely and tweaked her hair a bit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*** No sprite changes were made to Elliot.

Portraits
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sprites
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You can download individual character's sprites and portraits, or all of them in one zip file, right in the link below.
    BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR GAME FILES JUST IN CASE !

https://mega.nz/#F!XcVwGCga!pl3UE5TpUEETU2RL2di4Mw

Candel0ro's Alex Recolor for the idea of recoloring Alex's portrait
    wineheart's Harvey Portrait and Sprite for the head of Harvey's sprite I used
    Rupert484's Overhauled Marriage Candidates for the Elliot portraits I used as a base.
    ConceredApe for this totally amazing game that I've spent way too much hours playing. Helpmestopplayingpleaseineedtogooutsidemaybeonemoreday.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    • Sparklemuffin

Sparklemuffin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These look great! My only criticism is that Harvey's nose looks really high up without his mustache. But yours is the best looking Sam I've seen so far, I may end up wooing him instead of Seb.

• BlazingPug

Hmm yeah I see what you mean with Harvey. I assumed his mouth was there based on his lower lip in the default portrait. His was the one that gave me a bit of a difficult time with editing!

I lowered his nose by 1px and I think it makes quite a difference. Is it still a bit high? Or does it look weird?
        [​IMG]

EDIT: I also just updated Maru's hospital portraits so that it matches her sprites!
        [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
          Acerbicon likes this.
        • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

It's amazing how much difference one pixel makes. Way better with the lowered nose. These are fantastic!

• BlazingPug

Just finished Elliot. Got his old portraits and changed it up a bit. I personally didn't like the side-view Elliot so I came up with this. Also didn't do any changes to his sprites.

[​IMG]

Also updated the better-nosed Harvey :3

I know! Every pixel actually really counts here in pixel art it seems.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
              Rauchschwalbe likes this.
            • BADartXD

BADartXD Space Hobo

Hi! I really like your mod but the download link no longer works! Is there any possibility you could reupload it?