RELEASED NPC Map Locations Mod 2.2.2

Shows NPC locations on map. Uses a more accurate map page for more accurate tracking!

Tags:
  1. GreatGreyApe

GreatGreyApe Big Damn Hero

Question where does one find the higher versions of SMAPI? I can only find 39.2

• RaulMarq

RaulMarq Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here you go. Versions higher than 0.39.2 are currently all pre-releases, though. If you want the "latest release", just follow this link.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
        GreatGreyApe likes this.
      • dem0z

dem0z Star Wrangler

So i noticed the tooltips are shown under the icons for npcs which is somewhat annoying, not a major issue though. is there anyway to sort that out?

[​IMG]

• Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

I personaly liked the names at the left bottom. Looks alot more "clean" to me. But it seems like i get "over"-voted :wut:

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

I didn't update the SMAPI 0.39.2 version because zoom scaling is a lot uglier. SMAPI 0.39.3 and up handle zoom scaling on its own and textures look way better when resized. There's not much incentive for me to to update the 0.39.2 version because soon other modders will update their own mods up to 0.39.5. But what the heck, I'll update it for you :) again, you might notice text boxes and markers being ugly (have to use nearest-neighbor resizing [pixely] instead of bilinear resizing [anti-aliased, but fuzzy] because quality gets bad).

At the moment these votes are so evenly distributed I don't know what to do D: If it continues to stay even, I'll probably just end up adding both.

------------------------------

just updated 0.39.2 version.

Yunix likes this.
            • dem0z

dem0z Star Wrangler

i don't mean to pressure you into releasing it earlier :), however am actually using the 39.5+ version with SMAPI 39.5 and thought you should know about this minor glitch that's all.

• curi0

curi0 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You might want to test it out with SMAPI 0.39.6 (and make sure you use the latest version of the mod) -- it seems to works just fine, with no overlap and the NPC tooltip is placed right above location tooltip.

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Yup, SMAPI 0.39.6 is backwards compatible with 0.39.2 mods, SMAPI versions 0.39.5, 0.39.4, and 0.39.3 were not. So now people can use SMAPI 0.39.6 for mods made for SMAPI 0.39.2 and up.

• dem0z

dem0z Star Wrangler

Fantastic, will do, thanks :D

Edit: Works perfectly with 39.6 and no overlapping :3

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

So I look at these poll results and like...
                      Untitled.png
                      Total of 9 votes for bottom-left corner
                      Total of 16 votes for above location tooltip
                      total of 14 vote of below location tooltip

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's no clear winner, so what the heck, I made it so that you can just CHOOSE which one you want in the game.

When you have the map page opened, you can press the TAB key to switch among the three different modes. Whichever mode you settle on, it'll save to the config file so you don't have to switch it every time you play the game.

Also, if you don't like to use the TAB key, you can change it directly in the config.json file.

You can test it in the lastest update I just pushed. There's no longer a 0.39.2 version since SMAPI 0.39.6 is backwards compatible with 0.39.2. So I recommend you get the latest SMAPI version :)

I'll be releasing the stable version after few hours of testing.

Yunix and RaulMarq like this.
                      • Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Get SMAPI here:
                        https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases
                        Mod download link on the top right.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------

When I started the project two weeks ago I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, and now I released my very first mod! Shout out to OrSpeeder for his guide to help get started and resources to study from. And of course shoutout to all the people who helped test the mod in its WIP stage, and to the people working on updating SMAPI :)

Additional notes:
                        - You shouldn't try to find NPC relative to your position since the game does not update your position on the Map real-time, just your general location.
                        - The map page scales inaccurately with the game map. I tried to compensate for it as best as I can, but do notify me if you see an NPC wandering off to Atlantis.
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------

v1.0 Changes

- Fixed a bug where NPCs wouldn't show up on the map if the player was married.

Game Screenshots with Mod:

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png

When reporting bugs/errors, please provide me with the following:
                        - Year, Season, Day, Married status, Children (if any)
                        - Your SMAPI version and StardewValley game version
                        - Events/Actions during the game as error occured
                        - Error log from console (if any)

Or if SMAPI crashes, find the error logs file in
                        C:\Users\{User name}\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
                          hamracer, Shellark, ress_1819 and 2 others like this.
                        • Gyumaou

Gyumaou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the great mod, love the new tooltips on stacked characters. 10/10 mod.

• jameelamir2005

jameelamir2005 Void-Bound Voyager

Help me guys, SMAPI Isn't working for me, when i launch it, mods doesnt work, It loads and after that, a red and grey text appear saying failed to initialize..

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Are you using SMAPI 0.39.6? It's the recommended version since it's backwards compatible.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this is WILD

amazing job, should be built right into the game

• DonghyunKa

DonghyunKa Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! bouhm. I just read your post at the stardew valley korea community. Thanks for helping other korean users!

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Always happy to help and practice my Korean :D Thanks.
                                    Good thing Github has a feature to show me where people were referred from or else I would have never found out that there was a Korean community for this.
                                    I finished translating my mod to Korean, but now I have to figure out how to make the text be actual words and not symbols.
                                    http://i.imgur.com/VHzsTfF.png

• thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

I seem to always crash when the time is below 9:00 AM and after 6:00 PM but not in between... Now I have been using a older version of SMAPI but not too old so I am going to try again and get back to you...

• SuccuIncu

SuccuIncu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Glad that it helped you..
                                        I just opened this and will try the new release of your mod.
                                        Thank youu...

• Anderson Yagami

Anderson Yagami Void-Bound Voyager

Very nice buddy , thank you !!!
                                          its hard to make your mod work only when u know the npc?
                                          I mean , if u dont know npc yet ( game start ) then the npc does not show on map ...
                                          I dunno if any of u guys asked before sooo...

RaulMarq likes this.