WIP Tokiri's Pet Replacements (Fox, wolf, Red Panda) --UPDATE: Red Panda Finished!-- (:

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by tokiri, Mar 15, 2016.

1. tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

Sorry for the lack of update. Been taking a little break. ^^

Awh thanks. <: I think I will go kitty for the skunk haha. The poses are easier for kitty anyways. X D

And I will adjust the dragons tail for sure. X D I hate how stiff it looks currently. <:

• evilRevan

evilRevan Master Chief

AHHH that Hippogryff! *waits for that one* Would you ever consider trying a different animal for a Rabbit? I know you might not be able to with the size limitation but I thought it would be funny to see a wolpertinger in game. It is similar to a rabbit but with antlers, wings, and fangs.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
      • tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

Yea that's a hippogryff but I want to redo it!

Eek! I love wolpertingers! ;0; I haven't actually looked at the rabbit Sprite sheet at all yet, but I will definitely see what is possible. ( : I wish I could think of a good animal to replace cows, but there are only so many animals you can milk and milking anything else would be a little...strange! x D

• Kitsutsune

Kitsutsune Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry to randomly join in on the convo (I've been really digging your sprites btw!) I just wanted to agree with the sentiment about milking other animals feeling strange! I added horses to my game (since there are so many cute horse retextures!) using that farmanimals method and the only size that would fit ended up being cows. It feels... really awkward milking them, I try not to think about it too much lmao

edit: that being said though, camels would be a nice substitute for cows! I hear camel milk is really good for you!

• tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

LMAO!

That's the wrong kinda milk....

Do you gift it around town? x'D I just imagine the horrified faces of all the villagers when they find out it the truth behind their milk.

Villagers: Hmmmm.....are you sure this is milk? The consistency and taste is very strange....!

Farmer: of course it's milk! It's THE finest horse milk money can buy!

Villagers: ._____.

I could draw milk into a different product, and change the animal entirely but then I would have to look into changing the name in game too and it just seems like a lot of files to upload/edit/replace. >3<;

• Kitsutsune

LMAO
              I've actually been making cheese+artichoke dip and selling it, shhh it's the special ingredient that makes it so popular ;3c

Also I feel ya, it seems like it would be a lot o work for too little of a thing!

• evilRevan

evilRevan Master Chief

I actually looked up what could be milked and saw Donkeys included in the list. I guess that is alright? I've never heard of donkey milk but apparently they are a subsitute for those with lactose intolerance like Goat milk. OH! I also saw Reindeer were in that list too! Be kinda cute to have cute little reindeer roaming the farm rather than cows... or Yaks. Yaks would be amazing. :rofl:

• PrancingDoe

PrancingDoe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love these, especially the wolves! I will be waiting for the deer and panther, they are my favorite animals.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Just for the record, you can absolutely milk horses like you milk cows; they just have 2 teats instead of 4 or however many cows have. Obviously they have to be nursing IRL like cows do, but games seem to always skip that fact lol. I used to work at a breeding stable and there was a mare there in her mid-twenties (old for a horse) who hadn't had a foal in years but still lactated. You could milk her and, freakishly, the barn dog used to nurse off her. It was freaking WEIRD. Other than that, milking horses is not really that weird. haha

RoastedCoconutz likes this.
                    • tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

Interesting! I never knew that! ( :

Well you learn something new everyday, hehe. : D

I would love to draw donkeys as barn animal replacements they are so so cute! ;-; And yaks would be really fun too! ( : I love fluffy animals hehe. <3 I finally have a day off tomorrow, so I can sit and do some pixeling! ^ u ^

• Kitsutsune

I never knew that about horses, I mean I knew they'd definitely produce milk being mammals and all but it's strange to think about it for some reason. It's probably just from cow milk being the only milk available in the grocery stores I've gone to and not being very familiar with horses in person hmm. I wonder how it tastes compared to cow milk!

• Alter@1

Alter@1 Void-Bound Voyager

:lickitung: amazingļ¼thank you so much

• DaMarCo+

DaMarCo+ Void-Bound Voyager

Love the fox, and can't wait to see what else you do with it. Additionally, the amount of variety and requests you're taking is really great. Thanks again.

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

The boar is needed!

• zomgzomg

zomgzomg Void-Bound Voyager

Eagerly awaiting that awesome boar~

• SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

I really love your work. Definitely going to use those in my next playthrough!

• Cattapillar

Cattapillar Poptop Tamer

That fox can be the cutest thing I've seen in a long time

• tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

Thanks! <': The panther is almost done. I just keep getting distracted haha. >__<;; But I'm still working on these. <:

REALLY ROUGH. Maybe bison cow replacement? X'D I'm still trying to think of what I'd like to do haha. Man a barn with Boars and Bison....:rofl: That would be a tough looking farm!

[​IMG]

jasseralf, Ribbonain, Minakie and 2 others like this.
                                      • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I regret not choosing the dog option now that I know there is a fox replacement mod. Is there any chance of maybe a fennec fox replacement for the cat?

[​IMG]
                                        [​IMG]

Mostly because they're adorable, foxes, and the size of house cats. Only with bigger ears and eyes. And poofier tails.

Ribbonain and tokiri like this.
                                        • pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

That looks so amazing oh my! I can't wait to see it!

tokiri likes this.