RELEASED Ride-able Chocobo (FF14 style!) Lavender, coral pink, ect. added!

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by Kitsutsune, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Kitsutsune

Kitsutsune Scruffy Nerf-Herder

EDIT 11/13/2023
    Previously, I had stated that personal edits could be made to my sprites but to credit me if they were posted publicly. I had imagined I was giving permission to make color edits... not lifting my sprites wholesale to turn into BFAV or alternative texture versions (especially since these tools did not exist). Considering my social medias are pretty publicly linked to this account, it was a little upsetting to find my work being used in this way without any attempt at communication.

However, I do not fault anyone who did this as I believe this is a simple misunderstanding. I am making this statement now to be clear that you must contact me personally to distribute edits of any of my work, going forward. I will take action to have mods using my content without permission taken down if permission is not granted from now on. I hope this is understandable, thank you for reading.

4/3/16 - Woops, had an embarrassing typo in the instructions and had to delete the previous files QwQ

I was inspired by the other chocobo horse replacement mods! I loooove chocobos but actually prefer their final fantasy 14 look, so I tried my hand at it and this is the result! I put a lot of love into these QwQ

I want to make other colors, possibly all the color variations in the game (which is a looot) feel free to mention your favorite colored chocobos from FF14 below, I'll probably choose the next color based on which are most wanted!

I might try making bardings too (I can dream)
    [​IMG]
    These were made completely from scratch and took quite a bit of work to make!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    NEW 4/3/2016

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Deepwood Green | Celeste Green (comes in crested and non-crested)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    4/1/16 Set

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Lavender | Coral Pink | Sugar (based on my chocobo OC)

To-do List

Click the color name for references I plan to use. The colors won't be exactly the same, as I try and give each one little differences in markings instead of just color changes.
    Lime green (will probably have yellow or white accents)

Instructions (if needed) are included in the zip files. Remember to create backups of the original files in case you want to change them back, or in case anything goes wrong!

I won't be taking requests at this time as my schedule is very busy, but if there are minor fixes that you'd like me to apply, feel free to ask!​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
      catxzy, zerotosiki, Starain and 36 others like this.
    • Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

This is freaking beautiful. The chocobo mod we all needed but didn't deserve. :D

• Kitsutsune

Thank you so much!

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks pretty good. I haven't played FF XIV myself but chocobos are a decent riding animal!

Kitsutsune likes this.
          • Kitsutsune

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Lavender, coral pink, and sugar (based on my chocobo OC) colors added!

• PrancingDoe

PrancingDoe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These chocobos are really cute! I would love a green colored chocobo. I haven't played FF14 myself, but I do love the FF series.

• Kitsutsune

Thank you!!
                And alright, I'll do a green one next!

• Peyelle

Peyelle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm so glad Celeste Green is in the cards already (after looking through, i think it's my fav). Out of curiosity , will you do other colors on the one you made for sugar? I think the little crest is a cute touch!

(Oh also, will this replace the horse icon on the menu with the chocobo's face? )

• Kitsutsune

YEA celeste green looks like such a fun color, I'm excited to work on it! And it would be a really easy edit to add in the crest for the other colors, if I'm requested to add it for a specific color/version (and I wouldn't mind making minor edits of other sorts besides that, for the record!) I just don't want to add a crested version for each color out of... pure laziness if I'm honest ooph.

Also this mod doesn't replace the horse face icon, I'm not experienced editing those in particular and didn't want to mess anything up OTL

• Peyelle

Ah, okay! I was curious. It isn't super important, anyway!

(also i can get being lazy. I certainly woudnl't want to do two versions of everything. :'D) In that case, can i ask ahead of time for the celeste green one to have the crest too? ovo;

• Kitsutsune

For sure! And yea I can do that for ya!

• Kitsutsune

[​IMG][​IMG]
                          Deepwood green and celeste green (crested and non-crested) added!

I also started a new project!
                          I want a farm with only chocobos of different breeds based on the different looks throughout the series! Here's previews of what I have so far:
                          [​IMG] [​IMG]
                          FF12 style in cow-spritesheet size; this breed is too grumpy to ride (and also because the character would sit in a really weird spot if I made them ride-able)
                          FFTA2 style in chicken-spritesheet size; I felt like these would be smaller, since only moogles can ride them in that game!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
                            Moussyy, Ankou, Ciriun and 1 other person like this.
                          • pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

Dang, the walking animation must've taken a while to do, well done!!

These look so great!!

loving the chocobo livestock too <3 <3

• tokiri

tokiri Big Damn Hero

OH MY GOODNESS. That white one looks just like my baby in FFXIV. ;o; I will have to use this, eep. <3

Good job! :'D

• Kitsutsune

YES it did take a while QwQ I watched a bunch of running chocobo videos for reference too, but the work paid off! And thank you so much!

Thank you, I hope you have fun with it OwO!!

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

What are the odds of seeing a Rambunctious Chocobo as one of the animals? I am not a XIII series fan, but those things were great! Shame it would probably be too big to be the void chicken.

• Kitsutsune

The odds are pretty high, I planned on doing one based on the ones from 13 and if I can pull it off, there will be a rambunctious version!

Ciriun likes this.
                                    • Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Yay! Awesome, as always. :DD
                                      [​IMG]

Kitsutsune likes this.
                                      • Peyelle

Aaaa celeste green is so cute. <3 im in love. :D

Kitsutsune likes this.
                                        • PrancingDoe

PrancingDoe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These look great, they are super cute! Really loving the deep green one. Thank you for making them!

Kitsutsune likes this.