1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Server - Applications required - Preparation for the release.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Luke_H, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Hello Starbounders!

Today I had an epiphany, I realised 'why not be prepared for once?'

So, today I sat down and planned out what sort of Server I would like to grow with the community.
    I am planning to make an MMORPG/Faction/War server. What will it entail?:
    1. Different Races/Factions which from spawn you can choose who you wish to be part of.
    2. Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Yearly Factional War, between declared races. Rewards to be given to people for their triumphant wins (Steam Coupons, Pizza Coupons, Gaming Equipment)
    3. An economic based server as well, how well will your Faction manage it's currency? Will they establish trades?
    4. Explorable areas! As far as the eye can see! Will you find some goodies and treasures that I will be leaving for you.
    5. The individuals with natural leading abilities, they will shine on this server, creating their own factions, to pillage or to assist? The decisions are yours.
    6. To grow a Community which will respect others. For it to be healthy competitive server, for others to help others and not put them down.
    7. Just a general MMORPG server. But we will make it awesome!
    The server will be hosted on a personal machine through Creeperhost, it will be located in France, suitable for all players. If you would like more technical information, don't hesitate to ask me.
    Want my Skype? lukehawkins0202 make sure you send me a message of who you are, I get a lot of requests on it so I need to throw you into the right group.
    If you are interested in this offer, then please send me an application via the Inbox system on the forums.

Name:
    Ingame name:
    Pets name:
    Why should you be on this server?:
    Favourite cake?

On a note.

I need a name for the Server! Post here for some suggestions!

2. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

looks awesome, i may have a server I'm going to play on but if that falls through i'll look you up for sure.

what country will the server be in? i'm sure people would like to know before they apply, ping etc ;)

3. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Hello.

Just updated the information.

4. Drewdawg

Drewdawg Big Damn Hero

It's gonna really suck if you find out some of these things won't work. :( However once I see some gameplay and such I might apply :) Other than that the idea is phenomenal.

5. Offline

Offline Astral Cartographer

Expanding on what Drew is saying, we really don't know very much about multiplayer and hosting. I can infer that you're often unprepared, because this is just something that's not really to be "prepared" for.

In order to create a battle plan, you need to know what battle you're fighting. :)

6. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

Getting in now, might as well get my name down for the future ^^

7. KKslida

KKslida Big Damn Hero

Well, i agree with Offline overall. I definetly like the idea (as I plan to have a server running (me or my clan)...but atm it is STILL WAAAY too early to plan for a server. We need more info...and even gameplay before we can elaborate on servers :\

Offline likes this.
  8. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

While I agree, it's not any skin off anyone else's nose if Luke wants to plan everything out - Let him find out for himself ^^

9. Offline

Offline Astral Cartographer

Of course, and more power to him. He may even be exactly right about how it goes down and be the first server up and available. I just don't think it's predictable enough at this stage.

10. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Preparing for a server is like preparing for a zombie apocalypse (Done) But I still think that there will be a flood of server prep. and i think this should be in the clan :L Because it's prepping/building a team.
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

11. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Hello Guys.

As I see, people said 'gah it's too early'....and 'it might not be implemented'....
    People have confirmed that this game will be moddable, so if it is not in the game, it soon will be.
    I have had a few requests, thank you very much ^.^ I will review them....

Has anyone got any other suggestions to offer?

12. Nicolas

Nicolas Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will this be an all inclusive community megaserver, or will you always need to sign up? I was thinking of starting a thread similar to this, on the concept of a community megaserver, like EVE, that doesn't have to be hosted by the Devs.

13. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Hello.

I'll make it so you have to sign up, I don't want random space-monkies logging onto the server and being abusive, also with a registration I can keep tabs on peoples names for various operations.
    A megaserver is in mind.

14. Nicolas

Nicolas Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ah, well ok, maybe you could fix the problem of having to stop randoms if the Devs include a filter so only already made and played players can come to the server, just a suggestion. Sounds good I may sign up closer to release. :geek:

Also, if this is going to be a "community" megaserver, sign up is a good thing, but some hardware would be nice to have if several hundred people are on every day...

15. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Hardware is of no concern :)

16. SuperKleb

SuperKleb Void-Bound Voyager

Sounds interesting. Although I wont commit to anything so early on, Im watching this thread

17. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Well, it's always good to be prepared but, isn't 6-7 months a little much?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.