1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheerful Giraffe - Nightly update

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by KubrosCZ, Apr 1, 2016.

1. KubrosCZ

KubrosCZ Yeah, You!

Hello.
    Does anyone know why the Cheerful Giraffe Nightly update does not Matter-Manipulator or some missions such as Erchius Mining Facility and the like?
    I would like an answer.
    And please excuse my English, I am not an Englishman but Czech :3

2. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

If you mean why you can't use Matter Manipulator to mine items, then:
    You can't mine anything in missions, or bases that are secured by a generator. Destroy the generator to be able to destroy blocks. Missions have no generator.

3. KubrosCZ

KubrosCZ Yeah, You!

No I cannot get Manipulator and mission like Erchius Mining Faciliti didnt exits.

4. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

On your ship go to the 3D printer computer(SAIL), and click the button to activate matter manipulator.

5. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Manipulator is broken in nightly, you need to /admin spawn it in.

6. KubrosCZ

KubrosCZ Yeah, You!

Thanks guys.
    And missions in nightly are removed?

7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

No, questprogression is currently disabled while Chucklefish works an entirely new and different introduction to the game. You have to become used to using admin commands or fix mods when it comes to playing Nightly.

Kezeal likes this.
  8. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

Feels like they're nearing the final "version" of the questing system.

9. iamzid

iamzid Void-Bound Voyager

this thread actually helped me out, i couldn't figure it out at all. i was like, "man they really ramped up the difficulty by not giving you the matter manipulator..." i'll just turn off the nightly version off i guess.

10. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

May as well just play the Stable version then. Stable and Unstable have been the same version since December.

11. iamzid

iamzid Void-Bound Voyager

i wasn't asking a question, you don't need to reply to every single post on the forums. despite the fact that i somehow managed to use the word off twice i still think that it was pretty clear that i intended to turn off the nightly update. as far as i can tell none of your posts have added anything of value to this thread, the needed answers came from SivCorp and Mackinz.

12. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

Simply turning the nightly off turns the "Starbound - Unstable" from nightly to unstable. From your post it could be read out that you're planning to play unstable version, due to making your game version that. I was pointing out that you could go play stable, because it's the same version currently. Having Stable and Unstable both on your computer serves no purpose right now, it's just a copy.

13. Parane

Parane Void-Bound Voyager

How and where do you use "admin commands"?

14. Kezeal

Kezeal Ketchup Robot

Press enter and write /admin to toggle admin mode. You'd need to be either in a single player mode, or have admin privileges in the multiplayer server.