RELEASED Animal Breeds (Non-Default Replacement Textures)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Lavapulse, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Lavapulse

Lavapulse Phantasmal Quasar

I released a tool that allows you to create, install, and use new animal breeds. Think "white" vs. "brown" chicken, except now you can have as many colors as you want.

Hopefully this will open up new options for creators :) If anybody needs an example, my own extra chicken breeds can be found here.

MollyWiding and zyymurgy like this.
    • alacazain

alacazain Void-Bound Voyager

Would be cool IF someone could make pheasens, fox, moose, deers that could either be scenary running and hiding in bushes for even more lanscape art. Or could be combined with à hunters mod/butchery mod. IF you dont want too hunt the animal you dont have too. All will benefit à mod like this.

Adding hunting with à butchery mod would create the ultimate countryside mod.

• Lavapulse

Hm. I do think it would be possible to add more critters to the game (like the squirrels and owls you see around), but you probably couldn't spawn them without a script injector (like SMAPI or STORM). With an injector, I think that part's possible.
        Problem is, I don't think that would work for hunting as the critters have no hitboxes and can't be interacted with.

Cloning a monster could work though. I could see somebody making a new monster that looks like a deer, setting it to being non-agressive and highly flighty (because you can make slimes run away from you in-game with certain items, the behavior is in the game already). Then you could set the "monster's" drop to be a custom meat item. The problem here again is handling the spawning, but since there's that:
        : hidden forest area with seasonal slimes
        I think it could be possible.

However, that would be a mod completely separate and different from these I've posted.

• zyymurgy

zyymurgy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

HELL YEAH BOYEEEEE

I love the thought of this but I'm gonna have to wait until it doesn't require xnbnode :rofl:

Lavapulse likes this.
          • Lavapulse

It'll still require XNBnode to create breeds for you, but the lite version will be able to detect your installed breeds and edit your save for you. It will have to be pretty limited, unfortunately.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016