Can't dance with wife at Flower Dance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WolfGT57, Mar 31, 2016.

1. WolfGT57

WolfGT57 Contact!

I am on Year 2 spring and I am married to Maru. It won't let me dance with her at the Flower Dance. So when I ask Lewis to start the dance, she dances with Harvey!

• uberlobster

uberlobster Void-Bound Voyager

Talk to her multiple times until she acquiesces.

• WolfGT57

WolfGT57 Contact!

I talked to her almost 30 times but she kept saying the same things. I will try again.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

...Maru really doesn't want to dance with her spouse, eh? =x

• WolfGT57

WolfGT57 Contact!

Same thing. I guess I'll have to dance with Leah instead.
            I guess I'll keep bombarding Penny with gifts and maybe divorce with Maru later.

• zoeevee

zoeevee Zero Gravity Genie

Do you have the most recent version? If you can I might recommend joining the beta for version 1.07 and see if that helps.

uberlobster likes this.
              • uberlobster

uberlobster Void-Bound Voyager

Interesting. The only two NPC's I had trouble with at the dance was Haley and Abigail with the latter no longer being an issue after marriage.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

That happened to me one of the first years I was married, I ended up just letting my spouse dance the default dance cause truth be told I found the fact I didn't get to wear the outfit and just did a kind of awkward in-my-overalls stand in the time I did participate to be really jarring. Next year I was able to dance with them if I wanted to but I find the flower dance my least favorite event. I was really hoping to wear the silly suit or dress. :confused:

• everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

I have to assume you don't wear the suit/dress because it wouldn't necessarily mesh with where you are standing, since I know you can be female on the male side (less of an issue) and I can assume male on the female side (I don't consider this an issue, but I don't call the shots, obviously.)

• Sutremaine

Sutremaine Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can be male on the female side. You do dad dancing.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yeah. my very first play I was playing a dude and went for Harvey later on in the year so after the very first flower dance (where I got rejected hardcore) I had spent the entire year wondering what was going to happen when I asked Harvey to dance next year. I was "oh man...if its two guys dancing, do I get to wear the dress?? Will my fabulously handsome set of pixels in his dashing tiara dance in the flower dress??" And then no..it was just me dancing in the girl's side with my overalls looking like the biggest sore thumb ever. I was actually a little let down since I had spent an entire gameplay year mentally hyping up what was possibly going to happen. :rofl: