RELEASED 26x26 Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Mods' started by BoffoBoy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

lol, i feel it, i'm keepin with my mess for now then hahahaahah

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Yayyy! Thanks a lot! This'll be so much fun, and your work is so awesome! :D

BoffoBoy likes this.
      • BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

So everything should be up to date in first post and clearly marked. What a nightmare.

Keep in mind I removed the floating telescope in clutter free sprinkler happy if that bothers you and you downloaded the first instance of the file.

Let me know if everything is messed up and gone to hell.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
          Norfuer likes this.
        • Zero Zet

Zero Zet Space Spelunker

Yay, pretty! Thank you very much for such awesome piece of architectural wonder! :laugh:

BoffoBoy likes this.
          • JulesC

JulesC Void-Bound Voyager

Nice work! Just two quick questions:

The 'Greenhouse 20x20 With Extension and Clutter-Free (Sprinkler Friendly)' means, I get what I see on the screenshot, plus the 20x20 greenhouse? That would be neat :)

Is there any possibility to upload the file(s) somewhere else? I don't like to Register at dropbox.

• taintedwheat

You don't need to register for dropbox to use it o_O; Also even though the dudes who work there are gentrifying douchebags in the SF's the Mission District, it's actually pretty nice.

And yes. you do get the trelles plus the 20x20 area.

BoffoBoy likes this.
              • JulesC

JulesC Void-Bound Voyager

Ok yeah, I totally did not see the 'don't register and download anyway' button. Thanks :)

• Don Leo

Don Leo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't understand why you guys are trying to make trellis setups by making untillable floors and tillable patches. Why not just leave it all completely open and put road or wooden paths or whatever there? Anyone can just make their own setup in-game using in-game tools.

Am I missing something?

• taintedwheat

Because there's another huge area that's like that?

Why make anything then, there's space already in the game?
                    It still wouldn't be tileable if you were to place your own game tiles. And it covers it up fine. Also, it could be used as a layout for those who want to set it up that way. I mean, what?

BoffoBoy and Norfuer like this.
                    • Don Leo

Don Leo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think you understand. Why force limitations when you can make them optional with less work?

• Zero Zet

Zero Zet Space Spelunker

Because it makes this "lobby" area into something unique compared to the "main" area added with this mod? So it would be less boring and more interesting to look and use?

taintedwheat likes this.
                        • BoffoBoy

This is the reason for how things are, the game hides the warp into the green house so you have no option when you click the door where you end up.

If the room of the map is made larger and the entrance changes, clicking the door inevitably sends you to said hard coded tile to prolly the middle of your green house plots. If you put a sprinkler down on that location (or a trellis, a workstation a fruit tree etc) the next time you try and get into the green house your game will crash due to invalid warp location, locking you out of said green house unless you edit your save to remove that object.

There's various workarounds for this, from adding a warp at the entrance tile so that as soon as you move you get sent elsewhere, that is the first upload available, it's just the greenhouse with a weird little corridor that as soon as you walk forward, you teleport to the green house proper.

you can change the farm map by putting a warp down in from of the door, but that unlocks the green house even if the community/joja conditions are not met. Also, the farm map is a popular map for modders to hit and said warp would interfere with using those mods.

So the idea was if we are gonna be forced to enter a certain tile in the green house, how about make an annex that is built around said entrance and there the trellis idea was born. I cringe every time I see people with mass trellis in their greenhouse with wasted plots for access. I figured if p[eople were hell bent on using trellises, might as well tailor one for them.

When it is all said and done, you get an entirely new green house room to do with as you please (even though I forced your hand a bit) and the real 20x20 greenhouse. I purposely did not make a second smaller greenhouse because I, the Modder, felt that 20x 20 was enough. If I wanted to mod the greenhouse to add in another greenhouse clone, I would have simply spammed more of the 20x 20 I slaved to craft (it was a learning experience). Even the annex that is available was more than I wanted originally, so I made sure it was not an open plot that people could use as a second green house.

I listened to the fans of this mod as to how the annex should work and I obliged them, you now have a choice between an annex that is a tile wider and watering can happy or the aesthetically pleasing 'Good' Iridium sprinkler based one. Either one you pick, if you understand how to work the game, even that restrictive extra room is insanely powerful; greenhouse real estate is uniquely positioned.

If you you do not agree with my philosophy with how to mod this map, that's fine, voice your suggestions in a polite manner and it will at least get a civil reply form either me or the people happy with the mod. If that is still is not enough, there are other green house mods out there.

taintedwheat and Zero Zet like this.
                          • Shodan

Shodan Tentacle Wrangler

What happens to the crops in your existing greenhouse if you upgrade to a modded one?

• BoffoBoy

Short answer is that you will end up with some plants happily growing on floor tiles that are not soil, provided you do not use the first version of the green house linked up top. If this bothers you, you can destroy them when you feel you have properly replaced them.

The way I Frankenstein-ed the map around, all portions of the standard greenhouse are now occupied by the annex (not 20x20 green house proper), so you really do not have to move any workstations or anything, nothing will be trapped in inaccessible darkness. Keep in mind I did this on purpose and that not all mods will behave like this, good of you to ask.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
                              • Shodan

Shodan Tentacle Wrangler

Cool thanks. I have a greenhouse full of ancient fruit id rather not lose at the moment, but a larger greenhouse would give me something new to play with until the next content patch.

BoffoBoy likes this.
                                • MrNightDay

MrNightDay Space Hobo

Hello BoffoBoy,

I would like to ask you a question. Can I have permission from you your Mod edit. I want to enlarge it slightly. Thanks :)

This text has been with google translator, translated.

Bye.

• BoffoBoy

Sure mate am a bit busy dealing with another mod but I would have helped you with it a bit more otherwise, feel free to ask if you have issues.

• Efa43

Efa43 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh no! With 1.07, we can no longer plant trees around the edges of this fantastic greenhouse! :eek: Is there any way to change that back? It looks so pretty with them around the edge.

Radhra and Norfuer like this.
                                      • Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Maybe like the Trellis section, we can put individual dirt plots surrounded by tiles? Seems straightforward enough, though that would make it partial to people who want to use all those spaces for trees. Is it possible to make a third "orchard" section, or will it cause the greenhouse to melt down?

Radhra likes this.
                                        • BoffoBoy

Sorry am lost in photoshop making mods for mods with modders in mind, have not played the game since 1.06.

The patchnotes said nothing explicit about fruit trees unable to grow on tiles so I mean can indeed update this mod to give an additional room expressly for fruit trees but there's info I need:

Please tell me this, will a fruit tree grow np with a single dirt pile surrounded with normal tiles or does it need to be full out 3x3 hoe-able land? Until I learn the specifics I cannot really make a proper new room expressly for fruit trees.

Also this pretty much means the spacious internal room is wasted so expect the actual plot to grow outward to compensate you guys for this unannounced disservice.

I really do not have time to test trees as my photoshop time debt keeps growing larger and larger as I add more 'stuff''*

Regardless, the Greenhouse balance has changed from the look of it, so expect more annex fun times as soon as I learn what it takes to get a fruit tree to grow.

* where 'stuff' means juicy goodness that people map modding will either not understand at all or love.

Superior_s likes this.