Farm planner V2 OUT NOW. Save importing and much more!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hpeinar, Mar 30, 2016.

1. hpeinar

hpeinar Void-Bound Voyager

So after long wait, I'm proud to bring you Stardew Valley farm planner v2.
    https://stardew.info/planner/

So what's new?:
    • Save importing
    • Switched drawing lib out in favor of more moddest one.
    • Better brushing, now allowing to easily draw large areas
    • Better restriction detecting
    • More intuitive shortcuts and better UX
    • Menu icons!
    • Some new sprites (to cover save importing)
    • Possibility to see coordinates (for those who save-edit)
    • Options now save with your plan

Your v1 plans should all work fine, so dig up that old bookmark and plan away!

I also want to thank everyone who helped to beta test the v2 and gave me general advice & much needed info about the game. https://stardew.info/planner/#credits

Like last time: feedback, ideas, bugs etc are all very welcome!

CountryKit, BentFX, Erick648 and 12 others like this.
    • Cardinite

Cardinite Industrial Terraformer

This is wonderful! Much more fluid and user friendly than v1.

• Morgath

Morgath Astral Cartographer

Really nice.

Noticed a big while moving items after you have selected a terrain or floor - after you move it to the new location it fills in the squares from the point you selected the item to the spot you placed it with whatever terrain or path you had selected.

Seems to be the same for buildings, artisan and equipment, anything you can click and move.

Edit: Also if you have the "toggle brush overwriting" option on, and use the select tool (which allows you to move items without the above bug if overwriting isn't on) moving an item will do the same thing, only with blank tiles, erasing them. (It seems like on brush overwriting, the select tool acts like the eraser)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
        • hpeinar

Did you "drag" or click + move + click? Try the latter, should work nicely :)

• Dougl07

Dougl07 Pangalactic Porcupine

Really good design of the UI. I really like the ability to import my farm layout in so I can tweak and fiddle with everything without wasting in-game time. Super useful! :up:

• Morgath

It works ok just clicking and then clicking new spot. I tend to drag usually, so can see myself accidentally doing it on occasion.
              Just about everything else works well as far as I can see, and really easy to use, so thanks for the new version.

Edit: Ok I stand corrected. Just noticed that if you place an item it also places the currently selected road or terrain on the same square. Also can't find the normal tree in the terrain section. it imports them fine. Hope my nitpicking helps you out.

• hpeinar

It shouldn't place the selected road/terrain anymore.

I'll also add "Tree" to the menu :), check back in few mins.

• Morgath

Thanks for the updates. Quick work too :)
                  It still acts like an eraser on roads or terrain if you click with the select tool while in brush overwriting mode, something I'm not sure intended. Everything else is working great.

One feature I'd like to request is a way to indicate a tree with a tapper on it, both for planning, and for imported saves. Don't know how easy this is to do ofc.
                  Other things could be a way to mark locations of meteorites, large crops and large mushrooms. Even if cannot read the save for some of them, being able to mark on the map so can plan around them would be nice.

• hpeinar

Nice find! I'll fix the "select" tool issue later today.

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

Was removing torches from the menu intentional? I was editing my layout with the new version and removed a few only to find I couldn't add new ones.

• hpeinar

Oh no. Not intentional! Will put them back right now.

E: Done. Also added campfire.

Little Lea likes this.
                        • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Nice!! Is there still a limit to the amount of "objects" that can be placed on the map?

I apparently hit this on the old version, and had to start removing grass tiles so I could continue my designing, heh. =x

• hpeinar

No. At least shouldn't be. I've never encountered this problem myself, but I took few steps towards possibly fixing it.

• Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

You. Are awesome. Thanks! c:

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Ah, well...at the very least it's probably higher now...since I can save w/more stuff on the screen it looks.

There's a problem with the selection tool (unless this is intentional). I can drag the window and "paint" stuff on...except when it's over the lake...or there's a couple of tiles outside of the bounds of the map. It auto-cancels, even if I don't have any items placed.

For that matter, it won't place grass/whatever UNDERNEATH items (like fruit trees).

To give an example, https://stardew.info/planner/b067dc04-6d64-409f-a5e5-5198d230d9be/ is what i have right now. I want to put the grass around the big lake at the bottom using a selection tool (non-overwrite mode) starting in the top left corner, and going to the bottom right corner of the "ground" part (or at the very least to the bottom right corner of the line with the trees)...but it won't work. ^^

Again, I don't know if this is intentional or not...but if it is, it should probably actually just "ignore" the places it can't place altogether when it's in non-overwrite mode, instead of just "kicking out" if it is tried to place into any "red" area like the lake, the edges, etc.
                                "Best" way to do this would probably be to just have the tapper icon w/what type of output it'll provide overlaid on it somehow.

Another option would be to have the "bottle" (or in the case of a mushroom, have the normal mushroom icon) for each of the items you get from the tapper just placed on top of the tree stump...so that it just displays that it's a "Tree" and "this is the type of sap/syrup".

As for a couple of other suggestions for things I'd personally like to see displayed on this...aside from the tapper bit I mentioned just before...would it be possible to have a lights tab added and have the other lights added to it...and then have the lights display their lighting radius when you go to place them down in a similar manner to how sprinklers and whatnot do their thing? This way people could plan out how to light their place up the way they want it. ^^

What about the mushroom trunk? I assume we'll be able to plant "spores" for more mushrooms on our own at some point (since there's a mushroom seed graphic in the files, although it's "bugged" and showing up as a weed right now)...so maybe being able to plan for that ahead of time and being able to place a "mushroom trunk" might be good, as well. ^^

Also, would it be possible to get crab pots added in, since we know there's actually a USE for them on the farm itself now? :D

• hpeinar

Celyia likes this.
                                • soldyne

soldyne Poptop Tamer

I'm having an issue in IE11. the application freezes when I try to place any artisan items (apple trees, bee hives, etc) *edit* seems to happen with equipment as well (Q. Sprinkler).

awesome application BTW! I spent 8 hours on the previous version designing my first farm.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
                                  • CornWaterer

CornWaterer Tentacle Wrangler

This is pretty rad man.

• hpeinar

If v2 doesn't seem to work for you, you can always use the old v1 on https://v1.stardew.info/

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Question: Would it be possible to add a tool that could count the number of tillable squares in an area to assist with seed buying? Like highlight an area, and then the program subtracts all squares occupied by grass, fallen tree seeds, stumps, lakes, etc?