RELEASED Swans and Dodos, and Aptonoth

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by Kitsutsune, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Kitsutsune

Kitsutsune Scruffy Nerf-Herder

EDIT 11/13/2023
    Previously, I had stated that personal edits could be made to my sprites but to credit me if they were posted publicly. I had imagined I was giving permission to make color edits... not lifting my sprites wholesale to turn into BFAV or alternative texture versions (especially since these tools did not exist). Considering my social medias are pretty publicly linked to this account, it was a little upsetting to find my work being used in this way without any attempt at communication.

However, I do not fault anyone who did this as I believe this is a simple misunderstanding. I am making this statement now to be clear that you must contact me personally to distribute edits of any of my work, going forward. I will take action to have mods using my content without permission taken down if permission is not granted from now on. I hope this is understandable, thank you for reading.

I'm pretty new at this sort of thing, so please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I should fix, like any stray pixels I might have missed!

I've been having a lot of fun modding my own game and was inspired to make a few of my own! I've started with swans and dodos, and may make more versions or other things if I get the time!
    ((ALSO here's a chocobo mod I just made! Click the image for that thread))
    [​IMG]

These are set up to replace animals already in the game, but can be inserted into the game on their own using other methods (which is what I plan on doing myself). You can find information on how to do this on this thread (be sure to make backups of everything you plan on editing).

[​IMG]
    *NEW* Dodos

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Gray Dodo | Brown Dodo
    Set up to replace the white chicken and brown chicken respectively, but can replace other chickens if you rename the file.

[​IMG]
    Swans

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Trumpeter Swan | Mute Swan| Black Swan

[​IMG]
    *NEW* Aptonoth (Monster Hunter)

[​IMG]
    Aptonoth (Monster Hunter)
    Set up as a dinosaur replacement!

Instructions (if needed) are included in the zip files. Remember to create backups of the original files in case you want to change them back, or in case anything goes wrong!

I won't be taking requests at this time as my schedule is very busy, but if there are minor fixes that you'd like me to apply, feel free to ask!​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    • Kartoffy

Kartoffy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aww that is a very cute idea, thank you for that :love:

• Kitsutsune

Update: Dodo chicken replacement
        [​IMG]
        This version is gray, working on a brown recolor. Currently replaces white chicken, but can replace other chicken colors by simply renaming the file.

Thank you!

miryuo and Kartoffy like this.
        • Preytorian

Preytorian Poptop Tamer

Oh, this is so cute! Thank you.

Kitsutsune likes this.
          • MrIce

MrIce Subatomic Cosmonaut

Swans = Demons

i almost died to a swan ;--;

• Kitsutsune

Yea, I heard geese are quite mean too QwQ

• TheRingisHot

TheRingisHot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Dinosaur replacement... just yes!

Kitsutsune likes this.
                • MrIce

MrIce Subatomic Cosmonaut

A SWAN TRIED TO EAT ME it was scary af

• miryuo

miryuo Zero Gravity Genie

the dodos are so cute!

Kitsutsune likes this.
                    • Crimsonwingedbird

Crimsonwingedbird Aquatic Astronaut

I shall now stalk this thread because holy wow i would love to have a Aptonoth instead of a dinosaur!

If you need help testing in the Aptonoth i'd be willing to let you use my save... I only have one dino on it though so it'd be up to you.

kmini103029 and Kitsutsune like this.
                      • Kitsutsune

Oh! If you'd like to go ahead and try it out I wouldn't mind, my only concern is stray pixels and how the walking animation looks like from the back, since I attempted a sort of swaying movement with the tail!

I'm glad you and others are interested in the aptonoth dino replacement, I'd been thinking of doing other monster hunter replacements/retextures!

Attached Files:

Ciriun likes this.
                        • Crimsonwingedbird

I just checked this cutie out and to me the walk cycles look great! And as far as i could see no matter what angle it was on there was no stray pixels so i think this is really good so far!
                          Also i just imagined all the possibilities for a monster hunter themed stardew valley and that's just wow.

• Kitsutsune

I'm glad to hear that it's looking good, thank you for testing it out for me! And I know right?!

Crimsonwingedbird likes this.
                            • Crimsonwingedbird

Your welcome! I'm glad i could help out.
                              I just thought of a lagombi replace for rabbits, Sounds cute but there'd probably be not enough space on the sprite sheet sadly.

Ciriun likes this.
                              • Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

You had my interest with the dodos, but with the possibility of MH livestock you now have my undivided attention. I had already put in a request with Zhuria for a kirin horse replacement, but so far it's just a maybe on her (his? their?) list. I would looove if you would be willing to take a crack at it.

Also maybe mosswine pigs? Ooh, and a Felyne for the cat!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
                                • Kitsutsune

A lagombi would be super cute! You're right though, the rabbit spritesheet would be too small mmm. I think the sheep sheet would fit well enough (and they'd still produce wool so it wouldn't be as strange as, say, milking) and you could change the sound to the soft rustling of rabbits with a really simple edit to the save file! I'll see if I can take a crack at it when I get some free time!

Those suggestions sound like they'd be a lot of fun, especially the mosswine pigs! I'm not sure if I could pull a MH kirin off with the lightening arks and all, but I might try it out and see how it goes!

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Awesome! And I wouldn't expect anything as crazy as adding lightning, just the markings and fur and whatnot. And maaaybe the glow shadow thing it does, which I'm pretty sure would just be using semi transparent white instead of black for it. No idea if that would look great or awful.

Crimsonwingedbird and Kitsutsune like this.
                                    • Crimsonwingedbird

A kirin horse replacement sounds awesome!
                                      Maybe Kelbi as goats? I tried to sprite a concept and i failed horribly so if i hadn't deleted it I would've attached it to my post here... Sorry about that.

• Kitsutsune

Kelbi as goats would be sooo cute (or maybe a fenny?! I love fenny so much, I'll be doing one of those for sure sometime) Also no worries at all, I've done that before too, ooph.

Ciriun likes this.
                                        • Crimsonwingedbird

A fenny would be soo adorable! i'm kinda thinking since it only has like 4 colors or 2 if you take away it's adorable bow, It'd probably be a lot easier.
                                          Maybe i'll try my hand at it again, Can't make any promises though.