WIP Anthro characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Gaveliere, Mar 14, 2016.

?

What would you prefer for the other NPCs?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2016.
  1. Single species for families

46.2%
  2. species based on personality

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vealin

vealin Void-Bound Voyager

here's my question:what would the wizard be

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

The wizard has got to be an owl, grey... or a dragon... purplish... because he can be a bit snarky, but also worried about passing on his knowledge

edit: I just saw the other portraits/farmer... you make me way happier than I would ever feel liking to admit... x_x how do you guys do it?! I racked my brains trying to edit to no avail!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
      • HARNNY

HARNNY Seal Broken

Thanks For The Mod
        I Think I Falling In Love With Abby :rofl:

And Here A Pict Fanart From Me

ABIGAIL STARDEW VALLEYx2.png

I Think I will draw her again :rofl:

• ShioriShi

ShioriShi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Darn thatss really awesome... and yes yes yes yes... do draw her again, I do need more dragon abby fanart in my life ^^

• Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

...Sooooo much love for this mod. <3<3<3

Is it just me, or does Harvey look a lot like Asriel from Undertale grew up, grew head and facial hair, dyed it red, and became a doctor?

• Koffisummers

Koffisummers Seal Broken

awh thankyou soo much i'm flatteredX3

• Dougl07

Dougl07 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok, I'm lost. Can anyone give me a hand on using this mod? I've trawled the internet, but none of the videos I've watched or guides I've read tell me anything on how to input it. However, I suspect I might find more applicable help here.

• bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Once you've downloaded and unzipped the files, take the ones you want to install from the portraits and characters folders and put them into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits and C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters

At least, that's what you do for the characters and portraits. If you want to install the whole thing, just take the unzipped folders from the main download and place them into the content folder, that should work I think.

If you aren't using the steam version though, I can't really help you

Also be aware that it might overwrite other mods, especially anything that changes Cursors.xnb from the loosesprites folder.

Also, be sure to have a backup of the original files before changing anything, that's always really important

I think that's it

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
                    Gaveliere likes this.
                  • Dougl07

This is brilliant, thank you so much but I just wanna clarify one thing.
                    When you say "place them in the content folder", do you have them replace all the pre-existing ones?

• bulbaswat

I think so, but again, be sure to have a backup of the content folder copy pasted somewhere first, and once you replace them, make sure the same number of files are there for at least one of the folders so you know it worked as expected, I haven't done it like this before, but I'm pretty knowledgeable with at least the basics of computer file management and that kinda stuff, so I think it should work right. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll try and explain another way to do it.

• Cardinite

Cardinite Industrial Terraformer

If you use Stardew Valley Mod Manager (I recommend it!), simply hit add SMAPI/XNB mod (img) after extracting your mods to My Documents/Stardew Mods/Anthro Characters, or anywhere you choose.

Set it to show .XNB files and select the mods you'd like to install from the Characters folder (img), since they're all from the same folder you can press skip and extract to character-General to quickly install them all in one go. (img)

Select the Portraits option for files from the Anthro Characters/Portraits folder, and so on.

Gaveliere likes this.
                        • Dougl07

It worked. Thanks so much dude. :up:

• bulbaswat

Oh yeah, I forgot that's a thing too. Thanks for mentioning that. It's actually what I used for this, but I guess my brain decided it was easier to explain the manual method and decided to only bring that up.

• Dougl07

I've not come across the Mod Manager, but tbh this is probably the only mod I'm gonna use and i'll probably never turn it off, so I doubt a Mod Manager is gonna be of much use to me. Thanks anyway though!

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Awesome work. Portraits are very well done and they seem to fit the personalities. Will never use it myself because I'm only into real, actual horses but I commend your work.

• Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Wow! She looks amazing!
                                  I would love to see you draw her again [​IMG] and maybe some of the other bachelorettes too [​IMG]

• Gotheran

Gotheran Phantasmal Quasar

Linus is a bear :rofl: I love it.

• Gaveliere

Gaveliere Prypiat

Finished Willy. Updated the OP with the download Link. Main download is also updated with Linus and Willy.
                                      banner willy.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2wn43lxn4p78xy9/Anthro_Willy.zip
                                      Someone here suggested shark willy and and the image just popped in my head so clearly.

Also, taking suggestions for Sandy, Clint and Mayor and Gus.

And as usual thank you guys!

Any alternate will have to be done after everyone else in town is finished! Thanks for your interest though.

I'm already pretty set on making him an eastern dragon!

Man I like that owl idea too though.
                                      Also, I'm used to repetitive tasks. Used to work in a small indie game company so work like this is my jam or something.

Holy cow that is awesome! Thank you so much! Abigail seems to be the most popular girl haha.

I said it on some early pages in this but Asgore influenced Harvey's design even though I haven't even played undertale yet haha.

Ahhh so sorry about that! I'll put in clearer install instructions in the OP.

Woah thanks so much guys I had no Idea SMAPI had that function. I hope you don't mind me quoting that in the OP.

Immersive trashcan rummaging.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
                                        Nate McCloud, Ziax, Gabaw and 3 others like this.
                                      • sirentu

sirentu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sandy could be like a Horned Lizard, Camel, or a Jackal. Just thinking of random desert things xD

(Or a scorpion but as cool as that would be that might be hard to make @_@; and not sure how you feel about bug peoples)

Edit: Forgot to say, Love the Willy :D

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
                                        • Dougl07

I feel like Lewis is more of an old, contented dog, like a Saint Bernard.
                                          Me like shark.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.