RELEASED 26x26 Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Mods' started by BoffoBoy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

About two days ago I decided to try and revamp from the existing Green House mods and took the suggestion to make it 20x20 plot with roughly 29x29 internal area. Little did I know what learning tIDE semi blind would entail, but so many helpful people in this community were there to ease the pain.

Directions:
    Back up everything!
    If installing over the existing green house, remove all objects and crops first.
    (My line of Greenhouse map mods are better for a new account or at least one not filled with precious crops)
    Select the version you want and Download the Zip file
    Unzip the file and place it in a convenient place like the desktop
    Move and replace the Greenhouse.xbn located in Content->Maps
    To remove, once again remove all crops and objects and copy over with the backed up version of greenhouse.xbn

Note: All Copies of 20x20 Greenhouse Contain contain the main 20x20 Greenhouse, the difference is really in how the extended annex is handled.

UPDATE!

Evidently it appears 1.07 nerfed fruit trees on tiles not soil based. In response to this, the main Branch of This mod will now be known as

Greenhouse 26x26 Fruit Tree Vengeance

Fruit Trees uber alles..png

Warps are left to right Trellis ->Fruit Tree Revenge-> 26x26 Greenhouse Proper ->Farm
    Obviously there are no warps from the one room to the same room so there's only 3 exits at any one room. Yes it's confusing at first, I am sorry about this but it beats serial travel.

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3ly6wxni6pbe5p/Greenhouse 26x26 Fruit Tree Vengeance.zip?dl=0

Greenhouse 26x26 Musical Fruit Tree Vengeance
    As so not requested, a single addition to your Happy Day Fruit Tree Strikes Back Edition
    Safe to replace 1 for 1 but leave the area normally occupied by the water tub free of junk.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl4z1v57tsptrqw/Greenhouse 26x26 Musical Fruit Tree Vengeance.zip?dl=0

NEW - If Looking for Mass Storage for all your kegs, there's also Bus Stop Storage that I've released.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/bus-stop-storage-smapi-version.113148/

Currently both a SMAPI and semi standard map replacement (standard sized and smaller
    ) versions are available!

20x20 Greenhouse
    The first is the 20x20 Green House with a nonsensical corridor you appear in when you first arrive, simply walk Forward.
    Greenhouse 20x20.png

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/3387y7qf9oib0af/Greenhouse 20x20.zip?dl=0

Greenhouse 20x20 With Extension Clutter-Free (Watering Can Friendly)

Added in a Trellis Farm when you first enter, access to the 20x20 plot is a short walk east. it is Safe to overwrite the first version of 20x20 Green house with this one

Hemp Farm with Clutter.png

The 20x20 Annex has had all the junk along the walls removed, Water Tub remains

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t0k5t5nau65izuj/AAB3gmYdWeEd6oqlekrYJJBxa?dl=0

Greenhouse 20x20 With Extension and Clutter! (Watering Can Friendly)
    Added clutter back round the outside by request.
    Trellis Room and 20x20 with All New Clutter!

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/1n50f3luiarwwdm/Greenhouse Extended with Clutter Wateringcan Happy.zip?dl=0

Greenhouse 20x20 With Extension and Clutter-Free (Sprinkler Friendly)

Trellis Farm set up to facilitate using Sprinklers and with No Clutter
    Greenhouse 20x20 Extension Clutter-Free Spinkler Happy.png

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1x04xsn4xud2qd/Greenhouse 20x20 Extension Clutter-Free Spinkler Happy.zip?dl=0

Greenhouse 20x20 With Extension and Clutter (Sprinkler Friendly)

Clutter version of Sprinkler Happy (need to limit screenshots)

Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9alr5s7ot4i2jt/Greenhouse 20x20 with clutter spinkler happytime.zip?dl=0

This has all been a learning experience for me, any feedback is welcome.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
      beerziiez, Jsan, codemartin and 4 others like this.
    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Dude, this looks real cool, probably going to try and test it out tomorrow sometime. I gotta get some sprinklerz out.

Is there anyway to make it look less vacant?

• Zero Zet

Zero Zet Space Spelunker

Great job! I especially like the look of Extension version. Gotta try it out when I unlock Greenhouse in current playthrough.

Plant Fruit Trees everywhere. It is literally the purpose of all this empty space! :laugh:

taintedwheat likes this.
        • taintedwheat

Fair enough, I can dig that. I meant like having non usuable items/details around the border like the vanilla greenhouse ;)

• BoffoBoy

Pompeach uber alles!

The reason I removed all the clutter from extended was because people are misguided enough to put kegs in there.

Remember kids, kegs go round the ole Fruit Trees
            Now the whole damned bus is cheerin'

Edit: There you go taintedwheat, uploaded Extended with Clutter for you.

Going to sleep finally.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
              taintedwheat likes this.
            • Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Awesome, awesome mod. Just a question on the trellis section. From the configuration, it doesn't exactly look sprinkler friendly... 2x6 spaces and all. I suppose I could put an Iridium sprinkler in each patch, but it wouldn't exactly be perfectly efficient. I'm too addicted to sprinklers to use my watering can at this point. =/ Just a little nitpick from me, is all. Not sure how this can be addressed, or if it has to be addressed at all.

For now, I guess I'll just focus on my Ancient Fruits and Blueberries. Thank you so much for giving me a much bigger green house! :3

• BoffoBoy

Well to be honest, that's like one person's request and almost no thought went into the design of the trellis room. Now that I think about it, I did instinctively make it watering can friendly haha.

I feel your pain mate, float me some ideas on how you would want the trellis room to be like and I can work it.

Oh keep in mind that the size of the room is not negotiable.

taintedwheat likes this.
                • taintedwheat

I feel you about those who like efficent placement of the sprinklers, but he changed it like that from just one row each because I asked since it looks better.

@BoffoBoy , gdamnit kegs are also a good idea i spent the last three days prior with only 9 hours of sleep divided among the days e.e

Hmm, if there is a way to make it more efficent that would be cool. What about if some of the rows along the edge of the room be vertical instead of horrizontal?

Edit: but I agree it is primo for watering via watering can.

• taintedwheat

I'll probably just do some kegs hahahh xD

Could the clutter be more unified and plants and farming related? (E.g. no soccerball or bear) As well as unified, by making them even and have more of the junk near the edges (left and right walls) and the bottom perimiters [near/closer to the exit and entrance]

[just the soul watering can in the center of the top with two small plants on either side, so there's all empty space for kegs/preserve jars near there]

• BoffoBoy

• BoffoBoy

I was gonna put in the giant wooden bear from the saloon but the tile set has the edge of the arcade machine included.

There's no reason to waste prime all season growing conditions with kegs and whatnot, use kingjoey's bigger cave mod, at least the single floor annex.

Cave of Kegs.png

262 kegs with a bonus chest and minimal backtracking (if you load/unload properly).

I might just work on cave storage next since kingjoey seems to be not around.

viovasvi, MayaMayhem and taintedwheat like this.
                      • taintedwheat

Heres a really bad sketch [rushed trying to get into the shower] of the idea for the trellis? [Could the clutter layout drawn be applied to the regular green house too]

I like the wooden bear lolol

Edit: i use his two story system and its great. I havd nine kegs and six preserve jars and still a bunch of room

Attached Files:

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Yeah, the good sprinkler setups look best to adapt the trellis setup we've got. Hmm... good thing I backed up my file before starting on the greenhouse. last think I want is having to wait a whole year to get a new trellis update because I planted all my 120 ancient seeds and 264 blueberries. :rofl:

• taintedwheat

• BoffoBoy

What about...

Hemp Farm Version 3.0.png

Jack_Yan and taintedwheat like this.
                            • taintedwheat

DUDE. THAT WORKS.

EDIT: How would that looked horizontally ?

• BoffoBoy

Sigh and sigh again might as well deal with the clutter again, there is no same tile set as greenhouse, it's all one big giant messed up file with pretty much anything the town in general would want inside.

taintedwheat likes this.
                                • taintedwheat

I know, I've seen it, it's a huge ass mess. I wish there was a way you can search via image sprite if it was tagged with a description (c'est la vie)

• BoffoBoy

Got rid of the blue bear (loved it) and ball, added in some barrels and palm trees, screw annotating the exits by this point.

Oh and messed up the columns proper, though there's gonna be sprinkler waste at some time; no time for quality sprinklers.

Hemp farm version 4.0 with clutter version 2.png

Let me know what you think, not gonna update the saves up top til uh everything is honky dory.

horizontal is not good, think of it as do you want a wasted column or a wasted row. Plus getting access to a horizontal setup would be from the ends only... it's not good.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
                                      taintedwheat likes this.
                                    • Zero Zet

Zero Zet Space Spelunker

I like this set-up better - more symmetrical. But ideally I'd like 20x20 entrance moved a bit to the left, for even better symmetry. And right wall moved one tile left, so the would be two tiles wide gap between soil patches and walls everywhere)

It might also be better to just leave full rows of soil and let users decide on sprinkler placement in them themselves.