(Request) Alex's Wallpaper and carpet change

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Blue_Shayde, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Blue_Shayde

Blue_Shayde Void-Bound Voyager

Dear lord...I love Alex to death, and I'm happy I married him. But I did not know that your husband/wife would turn part of your house into their old bedroom. And while i love Alex........

That bright green carpet and that childish football wallpaper is just....so painful. >_<

I'm begging someone who knows how to edit to do something about it. Maybe turn that green carpet into a nice wood tile or stone. And change that football wallpaper into something less gaudy or childish?

Please help. I can't figure out how to open the xnb files and change it myself. I also don't mind if this permanently changes the purchasable available version of these items (if they exist).

• floatfall

floatfall Orbital Explorer

I agree! Hopefully this is something that can actually be done! I can't stand that green carpet.
      Alex is best husband though! :nuruflirt:

• Fox420

Fox420 Pangalactic Porcupine

The NPC stuff is separate but it's possible to change them. I could look into changing his for you.

• Fox420

Fox420 Pangalactic Porcupine

If you can get me a picture of the his room I'll find the graphics so I know what to replace.

• starsong

starsong Tentacle Wrangler

• miryuo

miryuo Zero Gravity Genie

yes .. the floor in alex's room is so bad :zzz:;

• BlazingPug

BlazingPug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh my god! Hahaha my heart skipped a beat because that's a screenshot of mine I posted on reddit before!
              Am one of the many/few people who complain all the time about Alex's room too so I decided to change it myself.

I changed it and now looks like this: http://imgur.com/JYviFlj
              I replaced the football with a gridball helmet just because it kinda fits better. Also replaced his dresser with an edited bookshelf since found the dresser too plain and boring!

If anyone's interested in changing it to that, here's the xnb file. BACK UP YOUR FILES JUST IN CASE. Place the townInterior.xnb in the Contents folder (Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content) and that's it!

EDIT: Btw, this also changes the wallpaper in Alex's room in Evelyn & George's house. Also, I simply replaced the football in the spritesheet with the helmet so other footballs in the game will be affected. So there's that, sorry! D:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
              • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Pugs are life. But yeah, dabbling in the wall_and_floors.xnb/.png and towninterior.xnb/.png
                will fix stuff in your house [and basement if you use the farmhouseExtended mod [my brick walls are pink but so is subastian and sam's and i darken ths borders, now everywhere with some wooden panels is regular and the corners are dark [panda face walls almost] but it will mess with anything else in-game if you try to specifically make adjustments to fix the inside of your house. It really isn't big deal since you're only in npc's houses for miniscule of a fraction than you are in your own home.