RELEASED NPC Map Locations Mod 2.2.2

Shows NPC locations on map. Uses a more accurate map page for more accurate tracking!

Tags:
  1. Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Okay, I think I have an idea of what the problem could be. What you did in #1 was right, you should have a folder NPCMarkers in Characters.

Could you tell me what year, season, and day you are currently in? I suspect that one of the villagers is in a location that I haven't marked on the map yet.

That's strange. Maybe Norton has problems with .dll files?

Here are VirusTotal scan results for the files:
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...8f153c0e8e38a69cc5b34d78abfe8f8cb39/analysis/
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...a4d57428c604436bf5515776/analysis/1459114610/
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...7c32c47fb7b9b85e474f5c0b/analysis/1459114707/

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    • curi0

curi0 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm currently on 9th of Spring (Tuesday) of year 2, married to Penny.

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Okay, it should be fixed now. Thanks for helping me pinpoint the error.

curi0 likes this.
        • curi0

curi0 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanx man, it works great now! I wish this was a default feature just like in Rune Factory.

• BananaBubble

BananaBubble Void-Bound Voyager

I think it doesn't work for me. I don't get any errors, however, the map doesn't show the NPC's locations.
            The NPCMarkers files are in \Content\Characters\NPCMarkers
            Not sure if I did something wrong.

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Hi, what version of SMAPI are you using, and are you also using other mods? When you say you don't get any errors, do you mean the console says everything is loaded just fine? Thanks.

• BananaBubble

I tested it with SMAPI 39.1 & 39.2 with no other mods and both times the console said it loaded just fine. Maybe is better if I wait for a more stable version.

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

The mod is more or less ready to be released as a stable version, I'm just working on aesthetics and a few features. Unstable version doesn't necessarily mean buggy and broken, it just means it's a WIP and being constantly updated. The only thing I can't do by myself is testing, which is why I wanted to share the WIP so people can test it and report any bugs.

So just to make sure, do your folders look somewhat like this:

1.png 2.png 3.png

bigbeartk likes this.
                  • BananaBubble

Ok, I'll try it again later. I needed visual instructions so thank you very much :)

• bigbeartk

bigbeartk Void-Bound Voyager

worked, thank you

• BananaBubble

I tested it again with three different saves.
                        Works perfectly:
                        18th of Summer, Year 2
                        Sunny day

12th of Spring, Year 1
                        Sunny day

Doesn't work:
                        6th of Fall, Year 1
                        Rainy day

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

When you say doesn't work, do you mean no errors and doesn't show on the map like the first time, or are there errors on the console? Could I see the errors? Thanks!

• BananaBubble

Capture.JPG
                            What I mean is that the NPC's Locations don't show on the map. I don't get any errors on the console.

• vclassic

vclassic Space Hobo

not worked get many error when open map

log file
                              try find mod in brian's pc

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

Really strange that there are no error logs. I'll see what I can find tomorrow, have to sleep now.

Can you be more descriptive? What does the console say? Here's how you can copy the console errorlog:

Untitled.png

And then paste it here.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
                                • Yunix

Yunix Big Damn Hero

Way cooler then the Social Menu with Locations!

SMAPI 0.39.2
                                  Stardew Valley 1.06
                                  1360x768 Window Mode

And for me sofar everything work perfect! Very nice Mod! Huge thanks for that!

• vroomsegway

vroomsegway Void-Bound Voyager

Google Chrome said the same thing. Warned me and had to put it in exception list.
                                    The smapi wont run when trying to play as the mod is inserted too.

• Marose

Marose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I canno't get it to work...(?) Okay so I'm pretty sure I installed it right. And I don't get any error log, it loads perfectly fine, but the markers don't move from their original positions. It doesn't matter where they are or what time is it the markers won't move from their houses.
                                      I'm in the 23rd of Winter year 1, not married, SMAPI 0.39.2, and my resolution is 1366x768.

• Natsulus

Natsulus Void-Bound Voyager

Can't get mine to work. Installed in the correct locations, no errors, however the markers don't appear on the map. I'm on 17th Fall of Year 1, married to Haley. SMAPI 0.39.2, 1920x1080 Windowed Borderless.

• Bouhm

Bouhm Big Damn Hero

So just to make sure, you guys are running StardewModdingAPI.exe (v0.39.2) and not Stardew Valley.exe? Also please double check to make sure you downloaded NPCMarkers and placed it in contents/characters from the folder containing the game.

I'll be removing 0.37+ as it is outdated and only support 0.39+ from now on.
                                          Currently updating to make it work for the lastest SMAPI 0.39.3. Use 0.39.2 until then.
                                          upload_2016-3-28_9-10-24.png

So, for example, when you check the map when you first wake up, and then check the map again like at 11:00 AM, none of the markers have moved? While the map is opened, the game is paused. It just updates every time you open the map.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016