Digital SDV Fanfiction Comic! (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by yokimoninoka, Mar 26, 2016.

?

Should I post weekly? Like how Webtoons are like?

Poll closed Apr 11, 2016.
  1. YES

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. yes but don't strain yourself

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. GOD NO YOUR ANATOMY IS TERRIBLE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. RAGES FURIOUSLY BECAUSE YOU WANT IT WEEKLY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. yokimoninoka

yokimoninoka Prypiat

THIS THREAD UPDATES WHENEVER (?)

Thread has been moved to!!!

HERE

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    • Slywyn

Slywyn Existential Complex

That's super adorbs. I like the style.

yokimoninoka likes this.
      • yokimoninoka

yokimoninoka Prypiat

>>> violently screams thank you for reading it @^@

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Reminds me of Awkward Zombie's comics with the art style, waaaaaay back in the day. With a little bit of some other style, but I can't remember.

It looks really nice and is q very sweet depiction of it.

• Slywyn

Slywyn Existential Complex

The style is very simple, but most good styles are. I like how the colors are, it complements her being sad, and the rain, and blue/black is a good color for Seb regardless, he strikes me as very melancholy.

The one criticism I have, I suppose, is that the two silhouette shots after the first look more like mannequins than the characters they're supposed to represent. But other than that it's quite good.

• Kartoffy

Kartoffy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*giggles nervously* I have chosen Sebastian myself, he is my spouse. I really like your comic. I'd love to see more *-*

yokimoninoka likes this.
              • Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

Ooooh! Welcome to the forums!

I really like it, it's super cute style :3 It has a drama/web comic feel to it that I enjoyed seeing for SDV. As for the art, your hair looks nice. That's an easy part to mess up, but yours really matches your style and the characters look like themselves (well Sebby does at least :D! I like your character too!). I also really like the shots where you can see Yokee's shirt under her overalls. It gives a really nice feminine touch to her, but the overalls really scream out "FARMER!" so it fits nicely!

As @Slywyn said, the silhouettes really do look like mannequins. I have no suggestions as how to fix that, though :( I'm a writer, not a drawer >.<!

All in all, I really think that if you had a weekly webcomic like this, people would flock to it! *clickity clacks that like button*

yokimoninoka likes this.
                • rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

super cute!! btu it makes me mildly uncomfortable bc scuse me sebastian is into my bruce??? ):<

(it's ok i forgive you)
                  (it's rly good)

yokimoninoka likes this.
                  • SubterraneanChicken

SubterraneanChicken Space Hobo

I had to debate with myself between the "YES" and "yes but don't strain yourself" options.
                    This art is really quite interesting, and you've managed to change what I thought at first glance seemed to be just strange anatomy into something that actually seems stylized and... Well, I just like looking at the dang thing, gotta say. Wonderful work!

My first thought as to questions and all is whether or not both player characters show up in this as seperate people or if it's just one. It'd be interesting if it were both but I've not a clue how it'd work.

(Although for some reason I never liked the nickname "Sebi"... Heck if I know why. It works here though!)
                    (And I just took a better look at the crabs and THEY'RE JUST SO CUTE I WANT THEM.)

yokimoninoka likes this.
                    • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

-fanboys- Amg amg This is awesome ! -gets big anime eyes- I love it please do more but don't kill yourself and stress out :D

yokimoninoka likes this.
                      • InvaderRoxas

InvaderRoxas Industrial Terraformer

This is awesome! I would totally love to see more--but as others have said be sure not to stress yourself out! But really awesome stuff, would love to see more of your work! <3

yokimoninoka likes this.
                        • yokimoninoka

yokimoninoka Prypiat

I really appreciated the criticism (in a good way, not a passive aggressive way LOL) But yeah i tried to make it simple so it was easier on me and i wouldn't be stressing on EVERY SINGLE detail of each panel. And my sister told me about how the silhouettes look like mannequins, one of the main reasons why im doing this is to get better at anatomy (ANATOMY PRACTICE) and make things look smoother. >> i also may have gotten lazy ?? ?

LOL I WAS AFRAID THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN OTL. but its ok, i thought about making a generic looking character, but that wouldn't be fair to my character. just... MAKE BELIEVE YOKEE IS SYMBOLISM FOR YOUR CHARACTER. (which she technically is??? IDK??)

That's my inspiration!

//cries about the mannequin like figures. ITS OK THO IM GOING TO GET BETTER.
                          And thank you for the welcome! I'm really lazy with the hair, hair has always been a problem with me but im also working on that. AND LOL I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE THAT OVERALLS MEAN FARMERS, but IT WORKS.

I don't really want to make it into a webcomic because they arent my characters and COPYRIGHT.

I'm guessing what you mean by "seperate people" is that you can both see their point of views and their thoughts, which is what I'm planning on doing~ sometimes there would be different comic strips from different villagers as well... ( LIKE SAM?) and sorry about the strange anatomy LOL IM WORKING ON IT LOL

I didnt really like the name "Sebi" either until i made Yokee say it more often lol
                          :love::love::love::love::love::love: uahsdjfhaksjdg you make me smile

This also makes me smile <3

Thank you all for reading this it really boosts my confidence and makes me WANT TO MAKE MORE! if anyone is interested in seeing more of my shoddy work, its all on my instagram lol

https://www.instagram.com/herblevore/

• rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

i will just pretend that bruce likes to roleplay sometimes~~

Lanx12 and yokimoninoka like this.
                            • yokimoninoka

yokimoninoka Prypiat

<update> IM NOT DEAD :(
                              I've been on vacation to see my SO.
                              The whole week was full of stuff so i didnt have time to work on the next update.

SO I WILL BE POSTING A HUGE UPDATE (?) NEXT WEEK @^@
                              ITS GUN BE GOOD. (Lots of before this comic and some shitty events i triggered a while back)

I will also be messing with my coloring style! Plz dont be mad, i just feel like the comic needs to be more manga styled?

(It makes it easier on me and i can process updates faster)

rhomboid likes this.
                              • Victy

Victy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is way too sweet!!!!! That's my hubby! I love your comic <33

yokimoninoka likes this.
                                • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Awesome to hear Yoki ^^ I just hope you enjoued your vacation ^^

yokimoninoka likes this.
                                  • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Welcome back! Also, I was thinking on the silhouette mannequin....thing? I think the biggest issue is that their figures wouldn't be so clear cut, since Sebastian at least wears baggy clothes. So have their clothes show in the silhouette and the vague outline of their hair, and that might help?

And I know this is probably super late advice and will probably be useless as a result but it took me a while to think about what was causing the Uncanny Valley issue, and I am still super bad at drawing, so I wanted to actually think about it saying something like "yep, there's yer problem."

BUT YEAH. Showing the clothes and hair on the silhouette should theoretically help tone done the mannequin thing that people brought up.

yokimoninoka and Lanx12 like this.
                                    • Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

I'm really glad you're still doing this! Looking forward to the next one!

Sandriel and Lanx12 like this.
                                      • yokimoninoka

yokimoninoka Prypiat

LOL this problem will be approached @^@ it mostly due to my laziness but i WILL fix it

[you are filled with determination for the next update (???) ]

also thank you everyone else who is reading and keeping up with my shit <3
                                        I'm really excited that people like this and I really cherish your opinions <3 <3 <3

Satashi26 likes this.
                                        • yokimoninoka

yokimoninoka Prypiat

[​IMG]

Violently screaming // I hope you like the update
                                          <3

rhomboid and Satashi26 like this.