It's All Over But the Scavenging of Typewriters and Glue - The Fallout Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jonesy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. hatakesans

hatakesans Subatomic Cosmonaut

YES! YOU CAN!

Me with my favorite robot.

[​IMG]

Apologies for the poorly edited image xD

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

So, I've finished the Automatron DLC. Story was nice, and did a good job of introducing the people and places you need to know. It was a little short, but I honestly don't know how much more it could need without feeling padded.

The robot-building is awesome, though. I've kept Ada fairly close to her original appearance, since I quite like her looking short and stocky. I've also begun building some 'Defenderbots' (Sentry head, Robobrain body, Sentry arms with Gatling lasers, and Mr Handy thruster) for settlements in high-level areas, like Murkwater and Somerset.

Speaking of Murkwater, I've actually maxed out its building size. I'll take some screenshots this evening to show you guys, since I'm quite proud of the place.

3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oooh screens, I wanna see!

4. Jonesy

OK, here's my settlement at Murkwater Construction Site.

Murkwater 1.jpg
    Murkwater 2.jpg
    Murkwater 3.jpg

Murkwater 4.jpg

The smaller building houses some beds, a first aid station and a generator attached to the water purifier. The larger building contains more beds, a lounge area (I figure being stuck in the middle of a dark and gloomy swamp means you'd want somewhere to escape it) and some generators attached to the turrets and spotlights. There's also a courtyard behind the large building, and contains a few crops and a general merchant. In the main space between the buildings (as well as the bombed-out house and the frame), there are more crops, another generator, a siren, a radio beacon, a scavenging station and an artillery piece. And turrets. Many turrets.

5. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Good blooming jeesus riding a bycicle holding a basket of daffodils! that looks like one little fort all right! the fourth picture makes the building on top look as if it was taller, tower-like perfect for sniping the surrounding threats of the swamp! unless thats exactly what it is and im making a fool of myself. The swamp reminds me of Jet Force Gemini SO much for some reason... hmm...

btw I have been dying to know... I remember when FO4 was teased, they mentioned some settlement options such as building with creativity (like in your picture) and using some... ugh how do I put this, some sort of light blocks(?) for neon signs, and one of the pictures had these neon light blocks shaped in the form of the vault-boy (or whatever his name is)

Jonesy likes this.
  6. Jonesy

The top part is mainly there so that the heavy laser turrets can get a clear shot at attacking hostiles, no matter the angle of approach. There are some creatures that spawn to the west which you may or may not be able to snipe (they're pretty far away, and tend to move erratically even when passive), as well as respawning sentry bot to the east (which is, again out, of range). I like to agro both and lead them into range of the turrets anyway. Always amusing.

Personally, I think the swamp reminds me of Point Lookout from Fallout 3. I guess part of why I like my fort so much is that because, unlike in 3, you can actually carve out a little piece of civilization and safety in the middle of it. Hell, even light and shelter from the rain are welcome. In 3, I had a hotel room to myself. In 4, I have a self-contained fort with half a dozen inhabitants (including a doctor and a merchant).

They're in the game, yeah. I've not used them, though, so don't ask me how they work. I lean more towards paintings and pot plants for my decorative needs.

Corraidhín likes this.
  7. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ah hah! excellent... dont worry Ill find out myself when the time comes! ill make it look like a building worthy of an 80s noir movie... cept red and with less trillbys. Good gods I wish FO4 had coop, I can imagine some shenanigans waiting to happen in building mode.

8. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

well atleast thats in there still hope they will add a gutsy al chip
    is that NCR helmet modded in or can you find it?

9. hatakesans

Heres a better quality shot of it
    [​IMG]

Its a mod found on this site here http://www.gunetwork.org/ specifically Elite Riot Gear Public Version but you have to register for it. Im a member of that site myself so do let me know if you have any questions

Corraidhín likes this.
  10. General Nuclear

wait didn't i ask about this before x(
    anyway i just keep hopeing that some elite NCR soldier would flee the mojave and some how ends up here in the commonwealth.. hey that would make a cool dlc companion

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Bloody hell that is so cool! I am so getting one of those robo companions the moment I get the game!

12. hatakesans

An image dump of all my robots so far. I can't help myself xD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    General Nuclear and Corraidhín like this.
  13. hatakesans

The closest thing you can possibly do to create a Mister Gutsy is to modify Codsworth and paint him green. He still retains his voice though.
    https://vine.co/v/ipwlvMw0WqU

14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

That killer queen picture lol, terror of the wasteland... the pink robot! known for continuous slaughtering of raiders and super mutants alike! oh, and the human sidekick of course!

15. hatakesans

She makes sure all of them Bites the Dust. Her reputation is now that when evildoers see her they have a Sheer Heart Attack.

16. General Nuclear

I CAN MODIFY CODSWORTH!!! 8( )
    I must play the dlc soon

17. General Nuclear

overpowerd weapon fallout 4.png
    you know because you only get one..get it?
    the most overpowerd weapon i have ever made you get 200% damage if you stealth and again double that and it becomes 400%.hope i finds a fatboy with the same enchant, might be able to take down liberty prime with that if i stealth but i would never hurt liberty prime his my hero. kinda stupid that i get a stealth bouse if i sit on my knees but not if i just stand, even if the enemys don't see me

fallout 4 charather.png
    by the way my new character your thoughts?
    he looks like one that might be working for the enclave. oh how i wish i made npcs for fallout
    so i fixed a little on codsworth.png
    new codsworth better angle.png
    better angle
    i made codsworth more buff he also has more brains now then ever..his not really smarter he just got a brain now that he uses to blow up heads with hes so overpowerd now
    also it woulden't be codsworth without the chainsaw

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Corraidhín likes this.
  18. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Your character... hes seen some sh**... and that codsworth kind of reminds me of... GLADOs... hmm...

General Nuclear likes this.
  19. General Nuclear

oh there are a minutemen ending also another ending and one secret good ending some say its the best ending not only two that i thought bethesda have really learnd from fallout 3 and there is a evil ending where you go crazy at the end and kill and betray everone then starts crying because your a big sadistic cry baby because nothing is as you want it to and war never change probley the lamest ending but at least there is a evil ending i get why nobody found it until now why would you even do all of that. but there are still no endings for the sidequsets or your compaions but still very cool (exsept the evil ending that was not cool)

20. hatakesans

As far as I can tell there really isnt another "secret ending". It might be the institute ending that you may be referring to as I'm sure whether you're Director or not you can be banished from the Institute. You never really build up the Minutemen while working for the Institute(Stop giving me settlement quests Gravy xD) and the fact that you destroy both the Railroad and BoS as part of the Institute main quest. The only cutscenes you see are at the end are factions not related to the Institute and an Institute ending.