RELEASED Makeup (Blush & Lipstick) as Accessories (Updated!)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jinxiewinxie, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

[​IMG]

Alternate Option keeps beard + earrings AND all colors are true-match:

[​IMG]

This mod replaces the the accessories and makes them into lipstick and blush options.
    I've created two versions for each color palette/replacer mod, one for the base face and one for the round face + skirt mod (which can be found here).

Download:

Download Here on the Nexus (just click the file name or "download manually" for whichever file you want to use. If you choose the round face version, be sure you've installed Alex_01's round face + skirt mod that I linked to above.

Installation Instructions:
    • Download the mod
    • Extract the archive
    • Go to Stardew Valley/Content/Characters/Farmer
    • Replace the accessories.xnb file with the one from the download

*You can easily create a backup of your original accessories.xnb file by renaming it to something silly. I do accessories.xnbOLD for myself.

To use:

Just start your game and click through the accessories options.

You'll notice that your mileage may vary for any lipsticks replacing accessories 2-8 because those ones are hardcoded to be shaded based on whichever hair color you choose. The other accessories, 9-20 are always true color though.

Credits:

Alex_01 for the round face and skirt mod, which can be found here: http://community.playstarbound.com/...or-female-farmer-round-face-for-males.109441/

Special thank you to Cure for suggesting making blush into an accessory and inspiring this endeavor.

Changelog:

3/28 Version 1.1
    Added a new color palette option that keeps beards and earrings. Two styles now available, one which replaces 19 accessories and one which replaces 13, both have somewhat different colors and options.

3/27 Version 1.0
    Added lots of new lipstick and blush colors and 3 options to have both at the same time.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
      Tiiago94, Lunumi, saladd and 4 others like this.
    • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

This is good. You might lighten the color of lipstick a little. Or can you do that from the character creator menu? It's been awhile since I made my farmer. I won't be using these because I play as a male, but I wanted to let you know that you did good work.
      Edit: Also I'm pretty sure you can make the accessories PNG bigger and add your new accessories without removing existing ones.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
      • Jinxiewinxie

Thank you! I can add another lipstick that's lighter, I'll start working on that now. I've tried to make the PNG bigger (both longer and wider) to add new accessories instead of replacing them, but it doesn't seem to work.

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I'd look through the hair thread, because I'm not what your supposed do exactly, but that's where I got the making it bigger thing. You also may try messaging the creator of the thread or keyten on how to do it.
          Edit: I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be made longer but you may have to make sure that the length added is equal to x amount of rows of accessories. Example: if an accessory is 20px tall you can only add 20px extra length per row.
          Edit2: it seems to be that you need to add sets of 32px to length, for each extra row of accessories you want.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
          • Jinxiewinxie

Thank you, I'll try reaching out there ^_^

• Jinxiewinxie

Added an additional light pink version! Here's a screenshot:

[​IMG]

Superior_s likes this.
              • Jinxiewinxie

Added a new blush for a total of 6 different make-up looks. Here's a screenshot of the new blush:

[​IMG]

Its a bit of a peach color and looks pretty sweet with certain skin tones ^_^

Superior_s likes this.
                • blargsnarf

blargsnarf Pangalactic Porcupine

This is awesome. Too bad they're replacements, does the game not read enlarged Accessories files? I know it works with shirts.xnb

• Jinxiewinxie

Its a shame for sure. I've tried to extend the file like you can with shirts and hairstyles but it doesn't seem to register anything but the first 20 items for accessories, which are the ones in the base game.

• Jinxiewinxie

Mod has been updated! There are now 19 different makeup options to choose from (12 lipsticks, 4 blushes and 3 combination lipstick+blushes). I also updated the images for it, for the pretties. Hurrah!

Superior_s likes this.
                      • PinkSheep

PinkSheep Master Chief

How do you use these without making a new character?

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Be friends with the wizard, get him up enough hearts that he lets in the room in the back of his house, and then you can change your appearance anytime.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                          • PinkSheep

PinkSheep Master Chief

Never knew that That's so weird Gonna have to work on doing that I guess :(

• Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

It should be easy once you get into the mid levels of the mines, he loves Solar and Void Essense, or if you're tapping mushrooms/have a mushroom cave, he loves Purple Mushrooms too.

Jinxiewinxie and Superior_s like this.
                              • Jinxiewinxie

Mod files have been updated! I've created a second option based on a suggestion.

Alternate Option
                                keeps beard + earrings AND all colors are true-match:

[​IMG]

Superior_s likes this.
                                • HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer

Awesome!Thank you!

Jinxiewinxie likes this.